• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diverdon

• oztony

• smokey

• JohnD

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, do you business in the lobby of your bank. Meet there withdraw the money and pay them there. Cameras and security guards, notary and safety deposit boxes makes it easy and your not carrying arou

Without knowing all the facts the whole thing reeks of tragic stupidity , they will kill you for 10k Pesos let alone 5 Million ,   Sounds like a fundamental breakdown in common sense that cost him h

These people? Which people are you talking about? If you get stupid, and carry large amounts of cash around (especially if you tell others), you will likely come to no good...regardless of where you a

colemanlee

Good looking family, hope they get the bastards that did it

• Like 4
SkyMan

Last time I did anything large, money wise, I bought a lot.  We met at my bank and the sellers opened an account at the bank.  We signed the papers, the money went from my account to theirs and they flew back to Manila.  Easily done.  There are banks in Narra.  p5M is about 22 inches tall so that's going to require some kind of bag.  Technically anyone could have known they had it.

The PNB branch that I'm with will do the transaction out the back for you. They strongly advise you to do so.

What does that mean?  Out the back door?  Seems like that might draw more attention than through the front door.  Someone wanting to look for large cash amounts could just watch the back.

• Like 2
smokey

So the Land Bank at the port is incapable of accepting a bank to bank money transfer, or were you just in a hurry to drive away with the car?

yes james guess they don't trust anyone when it comes to money ... no money no cargo .... we peons can only play by the rules the gods have put down ... well in all fairness they did say a managers check can be submitted and that would mean a 10 business day delay and the cost of  storage on the unit would keep going at 5,000 peso a day till the bank was able to sign off  it requires at least 25 separate people to sign off before you get your cargo and the bank was only one of those

• Like 1
smokey

everyone is assuming it was to buy land ... guy lived here 20 years and what is the point of bringing the money in cash to buy land isnt there deeds and lawyers involved , anyone who has lived here over 3 years would never buy property that way must be more to the story

• Like 4

This is a guy who seems to know the Family and has some pictures. 

https://www.facebook...21147941&type=3

Palawan is no longer a paradise. Our friend Jean Marc Roger Messina (aka Giovanni) his wife and baby were all murdered this week: hands tied and all shot in the head in Narra (execution style). 

Giovanni was a bit controversial in his stance and methods to protect the coral reefs in Palawan. He was always combating dynamite and cyanide traders and politicians involved in this. His big love for Palawans coral reefs probably led to his his death (not confirmed and other theories are out there). And whatever will be the reason the police states, no family deserves this.

I wish I was able to say that we will continue his struggle but we are also experiencing plenty of issues and are no longer sure about our own future here. 

Who will be next??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'de sure like to give some lead therapy to anyone who would murder a four year old child.

• Like 2
Humboldt

(He did not trust armored cars, only close friends.)

Why not trust armored car they are insured , I watched the movie metro Manila lol

You are a large target , can't protect yourself in the event of a armed robbery , unless you are one of the few foreigners

with a CCW permit .

better plan give the money to a trusted Lola / Lolo type .. 3 tier money belt  baggy old dress dirty feet and slippers

don't let her out of your sight ,

JamesMusslewhite

I would imagine the PNP will also looking into the person who he was traveling to to pick up money owed to him.

• Like 1
oztony

He was always combating dynamite and cyanide traders and politicians involved in this. His big love for Palawans coral reefs probably led to his his death (not confirmed and other theories are out there).

Surely he had been there long enough to know that one of the most dangerous places in this world is the area between a Filipino and the food table.

Start interfering with those that make a living out of something and nothing good will come of it , and the risk factor increases dramatically if you are an outsider.

• Like 8

Surely he had been there long enough to know that one of the most dangerous places in this world is the area between a Filipino and the food table.

Start interfering with those that make a living out of something and nothing good will come of it , and the risk factor increases dramatically if you are an outsider.

I'm not going to blame the victums. I hope god has a special plan for the perps.

• Like 1
Humboldt

Better to befriend the powers to be  and try to convince them  there is more money to be made in eco tourism

then fishing ,,,  If you stop something better replace it with something better ,,

I really don't think that's the reason for the murder , it's all about money in hand ,  .

Edited by Humboldt
Davaoeno

I really don't think that's the reason for the murder

I would have no problem agreeing with you on that - if this was Canada or the US or the UK .    I constantly have to remind myself not to look at things here through Western eyes using western values and attitudes 

• Like 5

Last time I did anything large, money wise, I bought a lot.  We met at my bank and the sellers opened an account at the bank.  We signed the papers, the money went from my account to theirs and they flew back to Manila.  Easily done.  There are banks in Narra.  p5M is about 22 inches tall so that's going to require some kind of bag.  Technically anyone could have known they had it.

What does that mean?  Out the back door?  Seems like that might draw more attention than through the front door.  Someone wanting to look for large cash amounts could just watch the back.

I didn't say out the back door,I said out the back ie behind the tellers( in private).

• Like 1