Foreigner, wife and child murdered in Palawan during robbery

On Tue, Jan 26, a French national, his Filipina wife, and their four-year-old son were found dead inside a parked vehicle along a road in Narra, Palawan.

"The victims were identified as Jean Marc Messina, 54; his wife Jewelyn Emscel Badenas Venturillo, 25; and their son Guiliano Steffal Venturillo Messina. Their bodies were found inside a white Nissan SUV parked beside the national highway just outside the poblacion of Narra, about 80 kilometers south of Puerto Princesa City," reports Redempto D. Anda in Philippine Daily Inquirer.

While police are saying that the victims were shot dead, they are  "still determining the circumstances behind the suspected murder case."

http://manila.coconuts.co/2016/01/28/french-national-pinay-wife-and-4-year-old-son-shot-dead-palawan

Palawan police head Superintendent Benjamin Acorda Jr. could only say that they were certain there was foul play involved “since we have recovered empty shells and slugs inside the vehicle.”

The report noted: "The police's initial findings stated that when found, the father was seated in the driver’s seat of the vehicle, his son’s body on the floor of the front passenger seat and the wife in the rear passenger seat."

Meanwhile, "an Inquirer source among the French expatriate community in Puerto Princesa City said the father was a regular at the local yacht club and was last known to have traveled to Narra 'to collect some money.'"

-------

From another site, he was apparently picking up 5M pesos to buy some property. Not a wise thing to do, especially when people know you are doing it...

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 3
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diverdon

• oztony

• smokey

• JohnD

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, do you business in the lobby of your bank. Meet there withdraw the money and pay them there. Cameras and security guards, notary and safety deposit boxes makes it easy and your not carrying arou

Without knowing all the facts the whole thing reeks of tragic stupidity , they will kill you for 10k Pesos let alone 5 Million ,   Sounds like a fundamental breakdown in common sense that cost him h

These people? Which people are you talking about? If you get stupid, and carry large amounts of cash around (especially if you tell others), you will likely come to no good...regardless of where you a

oztony

Guys, do you business in the lobby of your bank. Meet there withdraw the money and pay them there. Cameras and security guards, notary and safety deposit boxes makes it easy and your not carrying around large sums of money and a target on your back; rather make the other party have to carry the money, that way if thugs and criminals want to steal the money, then it is not on your person or in your vehicle or home. Carrying around large sums of cash on you is both foolish and dangerous.   

I am sure Shadow will remember the British guy in Dumaguete a couple of years ago , withdrew 2 million PHP from the bank to go and pay for some land,

He got under 2 kilometres away upon leaving the bank , and bang robbed , in the middle of the street , 

James has some pretty good advice in his post ......

• Like 9

It just goes to show once again you cannot trust these people. Also do not tell anyone you are going to collect money.

Buying land give them a check or as James said take them to the bank.

Whoever did this it was not the first time. It takes a really cold blooded person to kill a family.

• Like 4
smokey

hummm maybe someone posted it on face book .... or someone at the bank told I mean you do have to inform the bank BEFORE you come to pick up the money ...  or the person they were buying from with the wife in the back seat and the baby in the front wonder if someone else was in the car   ,,,,,    here is a flaw in the system when you import a car you need to pay the tax in cash at the land bank at the port ... in my case that ment taking a taxi with 615,000 peso in a DD box .... I could of put it down my pants but then John Holms would of been jealous

Edited by smokey

The PNB branch that I'm with will do the transaction out the back for you. They strongly advise you to do so.

oztony

The PNB branch that I'm with will do the transaction out the back for you. They strongly advise you to do so.

Phew , for a moment there I read that as PNP branch........ :)

• Like 3
JSL-USMC

These people? Which people are you talking about? If you get stupid, and carry large amounts of cash around (especially if you tell others), you will likely come to no good...regardless of where you are in the world...or what people you are with.

Headshot, that's the first thing that entered my mind when I read that post. "these People" are in every country.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

hummm maybe someone posted it on face book .... or someone at the bank told I mean you do have to inform the bank BEFORE you come to pick up the money ...  or the person they were buying from with the wife in the back seat and the baby in the front wonder if someone else was in the car   ,,,,,    here is a flaw in the system when you import a car you need to pay the tax in cash at the land bank at the port ... in my case that ment taking a taxi with 615,000 peso in a DD box .... I could of put it down my pants but then John Holms would of been jealous

So the Land Bank at the port is incapable of accepting a bank to bank money transfer, or were you just in a hurry to drive away with the car?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

These people? Which people are you talking about? If you get stupid, and carry large amounts of cash around (especially if you tell others), you will likely come to no good...regardless of where you are in the world...or what people you are with.

So it was the victim's fault. They have a name for such thinking, you know...

You've been in the Philippines too long, to simply accept such things and make excuses for them, all which blame the victim...

• Like 6