Anyone has experience with PhilCare

Davaoeno

Just remember that PhilCare and Phil Health are not the same thing  [ some people confuse them ]

aussiekangaroo

Just had a look at there website and there benefit amounts seem fairly low in case of an serious illness or accident at upto 300k. I would go with Blue Cross Blue Royale as they have good rates and high coverage amounts. http://www.bluecross.com.ph/

Edited by aussiekangaroo
  • Like 1

Just had a look at there website and there benefit amounts seem fairly low in case of an serious illness or accident at upto 300k. I would go with Blue Cross Blue Royale as they have good rates and high coverage amounts. http://www.bluecross.com.ph/

Hmmm,

Blue Shaft, $1800 USD/year for 60 year old,

PhilCare, 3700Peso/year for 60 year old.

Blue Shaft (Cross) is world wide. It is so expensive because of the high medical costs in many countries.

PhilCare, only being in effect in the Philippines can be much cheaper due to the lower costs here.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I  have my coverage through Blue Cross - and only pay about $1000 usd a year- which less than  what you quote.    But of course I dont have US coverage from them .  Any policy which covers the US of course is at US prices . 

Edited by Davaoeno
aussiekangaroo

Hmmm,

Blue Shaft, $1800 USD/year for 60 year old,

PhilCare, 3700Peso/year for 60 year old.

Blue Shaft (Cross) is world wide. It is so expensive because of the high medical costs in many countries.

PhilCare, only being in effect in the Philippines can be much cheaper due to the lower costs here.

Just used the quotation system for a 60 year old it's USD$1,344.50 excluding coverage in us but good for every other country.

But good luck if you choose PhilCare and have a serious illness or accident and your bill is going to cost 1,000,000php

• Like 1

pay about $1000 usd a year- which is 1/18th of what you quote.

1000 is 1/18 of 1800? Where did you go to school?

Davaoeno

1000 is 1/18 of 1800? Where did you go to school?

Edited by Davaoeno

Just used the quotation system for a 60 year old it's USD$1,344.50 excluding coverage in us but good for every other country.

Are you referring to one of the Blue Royale plans? This is what the brochure says:

"Treatment Area Limitation excludes treatment in Canada, United States of America, its dependent territories and the Caribbean Islands;Japan & China including Hong Kong".

• Like 1
aussiekangaroo

Are you referring to one of the Blue Royale plans? This is what the brochure says:

"Treatment Area Limitation excludes treatment in Canada, United States of America, its dependent territories and the Caribbean Islands;Japan & China including Hong Kong".

Yeah that's it. All country's that I will probably never travel to.

Mattnlenny

Are you automatically covered with these plans upon admission, or are they a reimbursement setup?

cebubird

We had Philhealth while we lived there.

Used it once and they paid about 20k of 150k hospital bill.

Not much, but for what you pay, it's well worth it, IMO.

Philcare is just a leverage based model. You pay 800 or 1,200 pesos and get coverage for 1 year up to a certain amount. It is very popular among Filipinos and it works fine as long as you are aware of the limitations of the coverage of the model you purchased. I don't like the limitations but as emergency egg it's fine I think.

Steve and Myrlita

Philcare.....Where do I begin? Riverside won't accept it due to no certified P.C. doctors. Dr Hospital did take it but mounds of headaches. The hospital says they hate dealing with them. There is no PC office in Bacolod so you have to wait on hold for 30-60 minutes to reach there Manila call center. Even after they reached them, they were reluctant to pay for my admission. I had to take the phone from the admissions girl and argue with them. I got it covered but the point is I shouldn't have had to do that. When my office switched from Maxicare to PC, it was the worst mistake they've made. If it's just Filipino insurance, go Maxicare or Intellicare. Both are good.