Sign in to follow this  
Thalcoozyo

Hong Kong airport layover - hotel?

Oz Jon

Just flown from Hong Kong to the UK, decided children should be banned from long haul flights, two screaming kids for 8 hours is too much for me now.  Even the hostesses were trying to calm them down, going for an upgrade on my return flight!!

You can add to that, a couple of middle/old age ladies sitting behind you, spending 8 hours discussing how hard it is to get to sleep!

Solution - ear plugs and an eye mask!

Edited by Oz Jon

contraman

Just flown from Hong Kong to the UK, decided children should be banned from long haul flights, two screaming kids for 8 hours is too much for me now.  Even the hostesses were trying to calm them down, going for an upgrade on my return flight!!

Screaming kids are Mandatory on All flights

Or at least the ones that I have been on :idontknow:

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Screaming kids are Mandatory on All flights

Or at least the ones that I have been on :idontknow:

When they see a gorilla on their flight, what do you expect...

• Like 1

contraman

When they see a gorilla on their flight, what do you expect...

Thats why I like to do the driving :yahoo:

22993979-Gorilla-Piloting-an-Airplane-St

• Like 1

rep1

Just put them into animal cages. They're not too different anyway.

• Like 1

Headshot

The horrors of being charged the equivalent of  1000 pesos plus being expected to leave 15% tip  for just a simple meal !!

The horror...  :cool:

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I find that my attitude changes every time I fly to the west . After being in the Philippines for awhile I refuse to pay more than about 3000 pesos for a room . However, after being in the west for a week or two I have a much different attitude on my return trip - when I am elated to find a room for only 5000 pesos !!

My first week in Vancouver [ maybe the most expensive city in Canada] I am continually subjected to sticker shock . The horrors of being charged the equivalent of 1000 pesos plus being expected to leave 15% tip for just a simple meal !!

You forgot to mention that you're just talking about your fancy coffee drinks… Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Gus

Just put them into animal cages. They're not too different anyway.

I really hope this is some weird attempt at being funny .

otherwise ... totally offensive.

Thalcoozyo

You can stay inside the terminal for about 50 bucks for  4 hours including shower.  

Yes, I have just identified this option. These are basically an airline lounge atmosphere for which any traveler can pay to access, per hour. Free food buffet, internet, showers, beverages, easy chairs... all for 50-ish USD for 5 hrs, and 106USD for 10 hrs. This is very likely what I'll do.

• Like 1

samatm

Yes, I have just identified this option. These are basically an airline lounge atmosphere for which any traveler can pay to access, per hour. Free food buffet, internet, showers, beverages, easy chairs... all for 50-ish USD for 5 hrs, and 106USD for 10 hrs. This is very likely what I'll do.

I stayed at the lounge that is lower lobby beteewn T2 and T1..   Iwas so sleepy.. i didnt enjoy the buffet.. but it wasnt much.  maybe noodles and snacks..  room was super clean and small .. shower refreshing.    Worth the price for my case.       I have also slept in the worship space.. which even had good plug in for my charging needs.   its deep in the recesses of HKIA .. you can find it if you search their website.    I think one worshipper came in the whole time I was there.. course I was sleeping so i might of missed some.      

rep1

otherwise ... totally offensive.

it's the kids who cannot stop crying for no reason at midnight on a plane are offensive. If they cannot behave they shouldn't sit in the same place as civilized people.

• Like 1

dnl_grout

it's the kids who cannot stop crying for no reason at midnight on a plane are offensive. If they cannot behave they shouldn't sit in the same place as civilized people.

I agree, but not just kids, about 25% of the adults also.

Especially the guy that you saw walking around Cebu with a backpack on. Before wheels up he is loud mouthing about "they call the restroom the CR" making clear that its stupid. Yep a one week expert, yada yada.......................

There was an asian lady on the plan I was checking out before boarding, knew I had sean here in a movie, she had two open seats next to here in here row. The guy who had already shown himself to be an idiot for two hours asked if he could set in the seat next to her. She looked at him like are you nuts, and over at me to confirm if I am see this?       :biggrin_01:   

• Like 1

Gus

And " civilized " people put children in cages, like animals ?

rep1

Unless you prefer beating senses into them but that's probably illegal now.