Sign in to follow this  
Thalcoozyo

Hong Kong airport layover - hotel?

Thalcoozyo

Usually just connect and am gone from HGK in a few hours, but this time I have a 12 hr layover.  Arrive 7pm, depart 830am.

Am not especially interested in going into HongKong proper; would prefer to stay within an easy walk or short taxi of the airport.  Money is always a factor; if state-side, I'd be looking for Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, etc.  I just need bed, shower, and some food. Of course, a massage after the long flight would be nice.

Would prefer to pay with USD or credit card.

Any suggestions?

Monsoon

Usually just connect and am gone from HGK in a few hours, but this time I have a 12 hr layover.  Arrive 7pm, depart 830am.

Am not especially interested in going into HongKong proper; would prefer to stay within an easy walk or short taxi of the airport.  Money is always a factor; if state-side, I'd be looking for Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, etc.  I just need bed, shower, and some food. Of course, a massage after the long flight would be nice.

Would prefer to pay with USD or credit card.

Any suggestions?

You can stay right at the airport for about $130 or less (Regal Airport hotel).

Not too many Holiday Inn Expresses available for less than that last time I rode my bike across the US (last year).

With that as a home base, take the Airport Express somewhere else and enjoy HK. 

Massages are expensive in HK relative to most of Asia... 

Edited by Monsoon

Woolf

This may help you

I have no idea about cost etc

there is a list of hotels to the right

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/passenger/departure/all/hotel-mice/regal-airport-hotel.html

edit:  ok Monsoon beat me

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

fivestarph

Unfortunately not too many choices.

Near the airport are the Regal and also Marriott.

If you go to Tung Chung (a 10 minute bus ride),there is the CityGate Novotel .

If you want somewhere more reasonable you have to take the MTR to TsingYi.

cvgtpc1

After the additional $100s I spent in those situations last trip, I plan on packing a couple cheap blow up pool rafts and a small blanket and pillow in my carryon and camping out in a corner. Seriously.

Edited by cvgtpc1

samatm

You can stay inside the terminal for about 50 bucks for  4 hours including shower.  

• Like 1

f3jedi

Marriott Sky City is very convenient to the airport and comfortable after a long flight.  While not really expensive, it's far from a low cost option.

Dragonladies.org

Mui Wo is a 30-45 minute bus ride from the Airport.

The Silvermine beach resort hotel is sometimes cheap on agoda. $100 or so.

There's also a dumpier smaller hotel in Mui Wo that is cheaper, with mixed reports online. I've stayed at the

bigger hotel a few times. It's ok, and reasonably easy to catch the bus to and from the airport.

batman2525

There a few lounge type places in the airport(for economy paying passengers),you get shower,massage,great food,tv,internet and big chairs etc....you can get one for 10 hours + and it works out at about $10 an hour.

batman2525

Try google for passenger lounges in Honk Kong Airport.

After arriving in Hong Kong, relax and unwind with hot showers, delicious food and wireless Internet access before taking off on your departing flight with this Hong Kong International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge access. Customize your choice based on your layover to be sure there’s plenty of time to decompress and refresh before departure. 

Highlights
  • Hong Kong International Airport Lounge with two convenient locations
  • Two convenient locations in both departures and arrivals
  • Choose from 3-, 6- or 12-hour passes
  • Enjoy amenities such as hot food, beverages, wireless internet connection and shower facilities
Edited by batman2525

rep1

Cathay Pacific's lounge in airport actually has all that: bed, shower, bar with unlimited supply of coffee and cocktail, and buffet of course. I don't know how it would cost if you're not on a business-class ticket though.

And it's huge!

batman2525

I don't know how it would cost if you're not on a business-class ticket though.

Various lounges in the airport that are not associated with any airline and geared towards economy paying passengers who are not eligible to enter their airlines lounge because they may not be first or business class paying passengers.

Ive seen them where the price was $140 for 10 hours.

Salty Dog

Cathay Pacific's lounge in airport actually has all that: bed, shower, bar with unlimited supply of coffee and cocktail, and buffet of course. I don't know how it would cost if you're not on a business-class ticket though.

And it's huge!

They have 4 lounges, but the don't stay open 24 hours... They close a little after midnight after last flight of the evening. Open again around 5 am.
  • Like 1

Davaoeno

I find that my attitude changes every time I fly to the west .  After being in the Philippines for awhile I refuse to pay more than about 3000 pesos for a room .  However, after being in the west for a week or two I have a much different attitude on my return trip - when I am elated to find a room for only 5000 pesos !!   

My first week in Vancouver  [ maybe the most expensive city in Canada] I am continually subjected to sticker shock .   The horrors of being charged the equivalent of  1000 pesos plus being expected to leave 15% tip  for just a simple meal !!

• Like 3

rizla

Just flown from Hong Kong to the UK, decided children should be banned from long haul flights, two screaming kids for 8 hours is too much for me now.  Even the hostesses were trying to calm them down, going for an upgrade on my return flight!!

• Like 3