Sign in to follow this  
Paul

It must be that time of the year, folks... sponsors & donors.

Paul

I am starting to see members renewing from where I posted a poll last year, or maybe it was late 2014? That is the thread where I asked if members would consider supporting the site and polling what they thought was a fair amount to donate for a year. At the time, well over 100 members said they would donate to the site.

I never actually got around to posting a thread to directly ask for donations, because about 60% of those members polled, began donating at that time. By the way, thank you again, to everyone who donated last year (or late 2014), to help support the site and the costs for running it. It was, is, and always will be appreciated. Thanks to those who have donated since then, seeking to sponsor the forum as well. 

By the way, this particular forum will be ten years old in August. (The previous forum was online about 2 years or so, prior to starting this one.) A lot of water has passed under the bridge since I sat at a desk in Onehunga, Auckland, and installed this script (forum software). Seems like yesterday, still.

For me, it has always been about being able to help others. It's all about giving the visitors and guests of this site truthful information about the country many, if not most of us love very much. It is important to arm those who are interested in visiting, or retiring to the Philippines, with the (truthful) information they need so they are more aware of what to expect once they are on the ground and running. 

Anyway, I would like to come forward and ask the members now to donate or support the forum by becoming a sponsor. These funds are primarily used to pay for the costs to run the site. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, you may do so by clicking THIS LINK and selecting a subscription package. 

If you do not wish to use PayPal as a payment method, but are on the ground in the Philippines (anywhere) and would like to donate, you may do so by sending the money locally (to Cebu) to Fred (jtmwatchbiz) who would then transfer it on to me.

Please contact me by clicking on PM or email for other questions, comments or concerns. 

If you live elsewhere around the world, but would like to donate, please contact me by clicking on PM or email. If you send via Western Union, MoneyGram, or other online payment method, I will be happy to add the cost of your fees to your account, giving you additional time as a sponsor for your donation. 

Either way, any amount donated, no matter how great or small, is truly appreciated.

As always, thanks to everyone, for your continued support of this forum. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 7

Paul

Thanks to those who have contacted me by PM, so far. If I have not replied to you directly, I will do so as soon as possible. I will send out a group PM at once, to save a bit of time for me. So, please be patient concerning where to send your donation within the Philippines.

AussieLex

The site has helped me many times over the past year or so and i would like to thank Paul and the site moderators for the excellent job they do keeping this site informative, real and free of any real backbiting ...

I for one am glad to contribute and hope to be a member here for many more years ...

oztony

Good timely reminder for me , just checked on the subscriptions tab and due on the 27th,

The volume of info on this site is pretty vast , imagine the on the ground leg work without it..

Although not mandatory to access the info on this site ,

I dare say that injection of money from sponsorships sure helps out to keep it available to everyone.

I am up again for sure.

Oz Jon

You can be a crusty crotchety bugger at times Paul, but you run a good operation.

Lots of good information and the humour alone is worth the sub cost!

Thanks!

ps*

Oh dear! -  I just looked up "crusty" in the urban dictionary - it no longer has the same meaning that it did in my youth!

Not what I meant! - please replace it with "crotchety"

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1

Paul

Okay, Tony sent me a PM, stating I may not have it visible enough for people to see where to go to choose a package and how to send donations for the site. :D

Where to go:

Click the image below to go to the "Subscriptions" page.

Or, CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE SUBSCRIPTIONS PAGE

Screenshot 2016-01-19 20.39.gif

If you would like to make a single donation, in any amount to the site, without paying for a subscription, just use any of the options below, rather than choosing an actual package, above. 

How to send: 

Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, or any online remittance. Those locally in Cebu, or elsewhere in the Philippines, can contact me regarding where to send those funds which can be held and later sent together, to me.

Thanks again, to all who have donated, and in advance to those who will.

JayT

Could I ask a (stupid) question and ask your forgiveness beforehand....am I able to make a payment using Paypal without actually joining Paypal?

Paul

Could I ask a (stupid) question and ask your forgiveness beforehand....am I able to make a payment using Paypal without actually joining Paypal?

Yes, It is my understanding that you can make a payment through PayPal with a credit card, without actually joining PayPal. I have never done so, because I have had one account with PayPal for almost 20 years. My other, I opened in 2006.

In fact, I opened it in Australia and linked it to my Bendigo Bank account. 

I just noticed you were in Australia. If there is a Bendigo near you, you could put it directly into my account there, if you wish. Not sure what the US to Aussie conversion rate is at the moment, though. 

Edited by Paul

miles-high

Google has its limits so does Yahoo! or Bing… Accordingly, if you visit the Philippines, have a Filipino GF, are engaged to a Filipina or married to one, it is imperative that you join the LinC, a treasure trove of Philippine-related information! :D

Although I now make frequent but very short visits only, I still like to contribute to the forum (even though a few members think I am fake and worthless haha :D)…

Soooo, I hope I can still send my contribution to “Watchman” and he in turn send it to Paul.

For his service, I will buy him a lunch at RadBlu!

Let me know if it is OK. :)

Paul

Let me know if it is OK.

Howdy. Yes. I didn't want to post it before, without talking with him first about it. But, I was pretty sure that Fred would be fine with collecting local donations for me. I spoke with him this morning, in fact. He let me know it would be okay to post that information. 

Thanks for your donation. And, thanks for so much what you have done in the past. 

Salty Dog

Paul told me if I stop humping his leg, I can remain a member of LinC.....

decisions, decisions... :animal0019:

• Like 2

Headshot

Paul told me if I stop humping his leg, I can remain a member of LinC.....

decisions, decisions... :animal0019:

Hey...look at the bright side. He didn't say you couldn't still sniff his butt.

• Like 3

Paul

Don't you two have something better to do, than to harass me? 

• Like 3

Maybe Next Yr

When I click on the subscriptions link, it tells me I'm an Emerald Sponsor, money renewal will be automatic in June.   I've got a couple dumb questions:

1. How will it be automatic,  will LinC Bill me via Paypal or am i registered in Paypal to automatically send it?
  2. It also says that I can't upgrade (more status) until I cancel my reoccurring subscriptions ... how to do that?  

nothing any dumber ... except beside politics, Linc is terrific!

• Like 2

oztony

When I click on the subscriptions link, it tells me I'm an Emerald Sponsor, money renewal will be automatic in June.   I've got a couple dumb questions:

1. How will it be automatic,  will LinC Bill me via Paypal or am i registered in Paypal to automatically send it?
  2. It also says that I can't upgrade (more status) until I cancel my reoccurring subscriptions ... how to do that?  

nothing any dumber ... except beside politics, Linc is terrific!

I have a similar thing going on with the subscription , I just figure if it does not go through then I will sort it out , because paypal say's I have no automatic payments in place,

I will say this about the forum though , for those of us that do not live there full time it is a great venue for staying in touch and , I suppose filling the philippine gap for us to a certain extent when we are not there,

Some people are probably hesitant to become a sponsor but really , whats 20 bucks or so for the use of this forum even if you come in on a ruby for 50 bucks , $1 a week to have access to all this!!!!

I know Paul sticks a heap of time into keeping this going and no pressure people , but a little sponsorship go's a bloody long way into helping this venue operate at a level that those that use it appreciate.

• Like 4