''Terrorist'' attack in Jakarta.....on-going

I guess the only thing the Philippine government can do is watch ISIS grow in their country and ask them not to hurt anyone. Or they can wipe them out now while it is still small. My wife believes the army could eliminate the Muslim problem, but there is money being made by all parties.

The government here is doing a pretty good job of staying on top of things so far. Some of the extremist that are in the video they just released last week are already dead. 

Without the cooperation of all Muslims terrorists will only grow in power

Silence is acceptance , is approval, is support.

It don't mean just saying you're against them - we have enough talkers - it will take actions  

• Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• ozboy

• lamoe

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems there is shooting and explosions currently with 4 dead so far......   http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/jakarta-dki-jakarta-id/

Don't change your plans, as the more you worry, the more theses evil scumbags win. Go and enjoy the Australian day celebrations and feck these cowards who think they can win by these methods.

So are these attackers Christians?   They certainly can't be muslim because we all know islam is the religion of peace   So were told anyway

HeyMike

Without the cooperation of all Muslims terrorists will only grow in power

Silence is acceptance , is approval, is support.

It don't mean just saying you're against them - we have enough talkers - it will take actions  

What should be done if Muslims do not cooperate?

What should be done if Muslims do not cooperate?

Stop them from coming into your country. Yes I'm talking about all Muslims until they learn that sitting on the sidelines does have consequences for them also. 

As I've said they are not allowed to be Swiss.

• Like 1

Stop them from coming into your country. Yes I'm talking about all Muslims until they learn that sitting on the sidelines does have consequences for them also.

As I've said they are not allowed to be Swiss.

There are muslims fighting ISIS on the ground in combat. There are muslims fighting (really fighting not just Jawing) ISIS in Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Indonesia. Every day.
  • Like 1

There are muslims fighting ISIS on the ground in combat. There are muslims fighting (really fighting not just Jawing) ISIS in Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Indonesia. Every day.

Did I say there are not Muslim combat troops? 

Good for them - the problem is with the ones here and in other  countries who keep their mouths shut when they know some of their fellow Muslims are extremists.

There is no way the terrorists will win in combat unless we are saddled with a very passive leader like Obama. - 

Mommy, Daddy , friends, AND Imam of Ca shooters.

We didn't end institutionalized segregation and the KKK by sitting with our thumbs up our rear ends and moaning how bad it / they were. Ordinary people got together and we took action. 

• Like 1
woodchopper

looks like another cellfone wearer in the target sights in syria? US or whose bomb for the privelege?  

Jakarta terror attack 'organised from Syria'

Updated: 5:15 am, Friday, 15 January 2016

Seven years ago, Bahrun Naim was quietly running an internet cafe in the small Indonesian city of Solo.

On Thursday he was identified by police as the mastermind behind the deadly attack on Jakarta claimed by Islamic State, pulling the strings from Raqqa, the radical group's de facto capital in Syria.

In between, Naim was arrested in 2011 for illegal arms possession and jailed for three years, and police say that since then he has emerged as a key player in militant networks that have sprouted around Solo and across Central Java.

A year ago, he left for Syria to join the frontlines of Islamic State, and police believe Naim was closely involved in coordinating Thursday's assault.

Five of the attackers and two civilians were killed in Islamic State's first strike against Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation where the group wants to establish an Asian beachhead for its "caliphate".

There had been hints of what was to come for weeks.

After the coordinated attacks across Paris in November, the militant intellectual published a blog in which he explained to his followers how it was easy to move jihad from "guerrilla warfare" in Indonesia's equatorial jungles to a city.

Reuters news agency contacted Naim on November 24 on Telegram social messaging, using details provided by one of his acquaintances.

In that exchange, he said there were more than enough Islamic State supporters to "carry out an action" in Indonesia.

"Just waiting for the right trigger," the man identifying himself as Naim said.

Naim could not be reached for comment on Thursday.

Experts say that, not long after that Telegram exchange, intelligence officials began to pick up talk in social messaging chatrooms that an attack on Indonesia was imminent.

"Chatter among Islamists began to become more organised last month and there were discussions for the first time of a multiple attack," said a Jakarta-based security adviser, who monitors radical group discussions on mobile messaging services for the government.

Counter-terrorism officials believe there are at least 1000 sympathisers of the radical jihadist group across Indonesia.

The eavesdropping helped lead police to the arrest of more than a dozen men across the populous island of Java who were suspected of planning attacks over the Christmas and New Year holidays.

Bomb-making materials, a suicide vest and "jihad manuals" were found during the raids.

Police said some of those rounded up had received funding and support from Naim, who believes Indonesia should be governed strictly as an Islamic country.

Naim had been planning the attack on Indonesia's capital for a while, Jakarta Police Chief Tito Karnavian said on Thursday, adding that he clearly had ambitions to become "the leader" of Islamic State in Southeast Asia.

But experts have pointed out that the relatively low death toll in the Jakarta assault suggests the involvement of local, poorly armed militants with little or no training.

In the Telegram exchange Naim also spoke of more mundane affairs, explaining that he enjoyed life in Syria and had no plans to return to Indonesia.

"I move around, depending on where our emir orders us to go. It's good here in Syria. There's electricity, accommodation, water and it's free. The services provided by them are good, cheaper than in Indonesia," he said.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/01/15/jakarta-terror-attack--organised-from-syria-.html?cid=BP_ARTICLE_1_SKY_JAKARTA_SYRIA_150116#sthash.1xStMJEb.dpuf

Edited by woodchopper
Tullioz
Jakarta Attacks: Weapons Supplied from the Philippines

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Coordinating Minsiter for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Luhut Pandjaitan, said that the weapons used in the attacks at Jalan M.H. Thamrin, Central Jakarta, on Thursday, January 14, 2016, were supplied from Mindanao, the Philippines. "Some were from Mindanao," said Luhut on Friday, January 15, 2016.

However, Luhut said that the police have discovered that the explosives used in the attacks were assembled in Jakarta. "The police have found the location. We'll announce it later, Luhut said.

The government confirmed that the situation following the attacks is currently under control. Nevertheless, Luhut reminded people to be aware and careful of future threats and promised that the police will keep pursuing and investigating terrorists groups that have not been caught.

The attacks killed seven people and wounded dozens others. Five of the seven people killed were suspected to be the perpetrators while the other were two civilians; one was Dutch national and the other was an Indonesian.

The attacks killed seven people and wounded dozens others. Five of the seven people killed were suspected to be the perpetrators while the other were two civilians; one was Dutch national and the other was an Indonesian.

What happened to the Canadian that was reported to be executed in your other post?

Tullioz

What happened to the Canadian that was reported to be executed in your other post?

Probably just an error by the editor. There is a Dutch victim who was seriously injured, but a Canadian was definitely killed in the attack. The main thing to take from this is that it confirms that there is coordination between the extremist groups found in Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines and since it is confirmed that the attack was directed by ISIS it is no longer just speculation that they have a direct connection to the IS.   

Edited by Tullioz
colemanlee

Probably just an error by the editor. There is a Dutch victim who was seriously injured, but a Canadian was definitely killed in the attack. The main thing to take from this is that it confirms that there is coordination between the extremist groups found in Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines and since it is confirmed that the attack was directed by ISIS it is no longer just speculation that they have a direct connection to the IS.   

Thank you.....anybody that thinks it will not happen here is just plain stupid

• Like 1
Tullioz

Thank you.....anybody that thinks it will not happen here is just plain stupid

I don't think many people here realize just how serious the threat is. The government continues to play it down in the media, but with recent developments they will soon have no choice but to be more upfront with the public. It is just a matter of time before a similar attack to what we saw in Paris, and more recently in Jakarta, occurs here in the Philippines. I have a strong feeling the attack in Jakarta was just the first of many that will occur in southeast Asia in the coming months carried out by this recently formed alliance.

Edited by Tullioz
colemanlee

1. Have a gun

2, use it

3. best you can do

Tullioz

1. Have a gun

2, use it

3. best you can do

You forgot practice, practice, and more practice. I don't have near as much time as I would like, but I try to make it to a range at least once a month. Even with my eyesight not what it used to be I can still put 3 rounds inside the diameter of a 5 peso coin at 50 meters with an R4 while standing. That should get the job done ;)

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
rainymike

Time for a reality check guys. You're now in the Philippines. None of this is new. Problems like this have been around for a very long time. If its not extremist Muslims, then it's the communists, or the gangs and drug dealers, or just poor people too damn lazy to get a job and earn money by hurting other people. Sure, they make the news when the news is slow - kind of like the taxi scam or the bullet scams. Suddenly it's in the news, but frankly that crap has been ongoing for a while.

Terrorist threats are real, but pretty random. Will there be bombings here? Duh ... read the damn papers ... bombings have been ongoing for years. So have kidnappings. So have shootings. Etc. ISIS is just the latest flavor of the month for some extremist types (previous flavors of the same thing have been Al Qaeda, Abu Sayyaf, MILF, MNLF, etc). These days, headlines love to be ISIS this or that. On the other hand, governments try to avoid ISIS this or that because they are afraid it'll scare away the tourists. But, Christ sake, over 50 PNP troops were wiped out last year in a battle with extremists. People are being kidnapped already. The army has been on the counterattack for a while with their own body count. The US continues to coordinate its own version of covert anti-guerilla warfare against the terrorists - that in my opinion has been pretty effective in the broad international scheme of things.

Want to live in the Phils? Better read the papers and understand its long history of domestic conflict. 

Do I feel a need to arm myself or build a bomb shelter or get a kevlar vest? Not really. But I did move here with a fairly decent grasp of the conflict and what I need to do to adapt to the situation. Reality is - not a whole lot (I keep low and invisible and that pretty much does the job). But ... if you really need some assurance that there will not be some sort of violent act committed in this country, you are probably living in the wrong country.

I still maintain that old age, wild women, and dengue are the real statistical risks that we have to deal with. But let's not be fooled. Violence of all types and terrorism is real in this country. And every once in a while, it will pluck some hapless tourist or expat from the tree of life. It's a very small statistical risk, but it will happen. But that's life ... happens in the good old USA as well.

Edited by rainymike
Tullioz

Time for a reality check guys. You're now in the Philippines. None of this is new. Problems like this have been around for a very long time. If its not extremist Muslims, then it's the communists, or the gangs and drug dealers, or just poor people too damn lazy to get a job and earn money by hurting other people. Sure, they make the news when the news is slow - kind of like the taxi scam or the bullet scams. Suddenly it's in the news, but frankly that crap has been ongoing for a while.

The difference between what has been happening here for the past several decades and today is that you have a uniting force under the umbrella of ISIS. Instead of several small groups, now we will start to see several coordinating to carry out attacks and trying to control territories in southeast Asia. Apparently funding and direction is already coming in from the IS in Syria and Iraq as evidence from the attack in Jakarta is starting to show. All the jihadists who went from southeast Asia to fight in Syria and Iraq are starting to return home due to the success of the western coalition and they will be bringing not only their own battlefield experience back with them, but also jihadists from that region that have even more experience and some who will be experts in explosives. If the governments of the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia are not proactive and try to eliminate the threat now, things could quickly get out of hand just as they did in the Middle East. The military seems to be doing a good job so far here in the Philippines, but time will tell if it will be enough. I would not be too complacent. On the other hand, I would not be changing any of my day to day routines just yet either.

If this newly formed group is going to make a statement and get more funding from ISIS, they will have to stage another attack similar to what just happened in Jakarta in a city like Kuala Lumpur or Manila soon to show they are capable of pulling something like that off. Bombing and attacking targets in the provinces and places where no one outside of the countries of the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia have ever heard of will not be enough to win support from ISIS.

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2