Interpol Clearance for Adoption Proceedings

SumDumJoe
And, take a look at your Police and NBI clearances.  I'd think they would both expire before you get to submit.

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up. I had not even thought of that.

Edit: The wife looked at our clearances and they are good for six months to a year. That gives us another three months to file. 

Edited by SumDumJoe
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jawny

• SumDumJoe

• to_dave007

• MaKe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprise.. surprise !!   I googled "how to obtain Interpol Clearance" and turned up this Philippine INTERPOL CLEARANCE APPLICATION FORM. Lord knows what effort is required to complete it and get it

I've been through the adoption process. If I recall, there are a variety of posts in the LinC files on the topic. You may find useful info there.   I'm not especially surprised there is some added

You may be able to use the marriage certificate which was filed locally at least to get the ball rolling. The NSO has had instances where the preparation of the official document was nothing more tha

The briefing I attended was in Tagbilaran City on Bohol, done by the DSWD

I'm doing the adoption process now and wasn't told of the INTERPOL requirement, either, though our lawyer had us prepare a long list of documents which are different from others we know who have adopted.

It looks to me that where you live, consequently which court handles your process is as important as is the lawyer.  We live in a jurisdiction that has a new court and looks like it will take over a year, though certainly not the 3+ years that some others have endured.

Good luck...

Jawny

I'm doing the adoption process now and wasn't told of the INTERPOL requirement, either, though our lawyer had us prepare a long list of documents which are different from others we know who have adopted.

It looks to me that where you live, consequently which court handles your process is as important as is the lawyer.  We live in a jurisdiction that has a new court and looks like it will take over a year, though certainly not the 3+ years that some others have endured.

Good luck...

I recall that during the court procedures, my lawyer was deciding which witnesses to call. It was not like it was a prescribed list or requirement. Essentially, he was "making the case" that the adoption met all requirements and should be approved. The witnesses were myself, my wife and the child as well as the case worker who interviewed us. I simply answered questions that I was who I said I was, such as confirming the passport was indeed mine. My wife did the same. It was basically a lot of show. I recall the SOLGEN attorney "examining" my passport when it was presented as evidence. What a farce.

Each witness is called, the process lasts a few minutes, and then another hearing is scheduled for the next. This can be a month or more away. On top of that, the judge and/or the SOLGEN attorney can have conflicts in scheduling. Hence, the extended period to complete what would ordinarily take a single day of well organized effort.

We started the process while my child was in elementary school. Our goal, which was met, was to have the adoption completed before high school finished.

We never did this, but the expenses for adoption are tax deductible for USA taxes.