Sign in to follow this  
KeithAngel

Cebuano and English Classes

KeithAngel
Is it 200p or 2000p per hour?

You made me look twice to as per my origional post 200p per hour for the intensive 1-1 thanks Alan for revaluing

KeithAngel

Kumusta man ka?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How are you?(meeting and greeting)

We had our first introduction to Cebuano on Saturday afternoon and covered such words as

How...............Unsa on

What..............Unsa

Who...............Kinsa

When..............Kanus a

Why...............Ngano

Where............Asa/Diin

and then went on to use these word in simple sentences nga is great fun I hold my nose for this one lol(I write my notes phonetically so sometimes my spelling of the Cebuano word may not be 100% accurate as i am primarily interested in verbal communication).

This group class will be running twice a week and there is still room if you are quick final days are not yet fixed but will be on one evening a week at 7pm and one weekend afternoon at 3pm starting next weekend cost 200peso per session paid monthly in advance let us know your prefered days and we will see if we can get it to fit

We envisage a second intro class in three weeks depending on interest from you guys here and we also have a couple of ladies who want to improve their English and this group class will start soon and still has vacancies

Chris stokes
Kumusta man ka?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How are you?(meeting and greeting)

We had our first introduction to Cebuano on Saturday afternoon and covered such words as

How...............Unsa on

What..............Unsa

Who...............Kinsa

When..............Kanus a

Why...............Ngano

Where............Asa/Diin

and then went on to use these word in simple sentences nga is great fun I hold my nose for this one lol(I write my notes phonetically so sometimes my spelling of the Cebuano word may not be 100% accurate as i am primarily interested in verbal communication).

This group class will be running twice a week and there is still room if you are quick final days are not yet fixed but will be on one evening a week at 7pm and one weekend afternoon at 3pm starting next weekend cost 200peso per session paid monthly in advance let us know your prefered days and we will see if we can get it to fit

We envisage a second intro class in three weeks depending on interest from you guys here and we also have a couple of ladies who want to improve their English and this group class will start soon and still has vacancies

I was there on Saturday and enjoyed the lesson.

I have not needed to concentrate on anything for a few years and have got out of practice. I think this is just what i have been waiting for, i have got nowhere in the past using books on my own, i have high hopes that this will work. Angie is a good teacher, explaining things well and offering encouragement when needed.

KeithAngel

Just a quick update Angie is teaching privately full time now and very busy its she still teaches more English than Cebuano but what has come out of this is a wealth of beginners lessons more than 30 two hour classes and when I return we will work towards a book and audio disc and at the moment she will have a couple of free slots at the beginning of April.

Many thanks to those of you here Bret, Chris Mark and Karl who have helped so much in developing this resource and to you Paul and the forum for the support

J&Sheila

Nice work Keith and Angie!

You found a niche and wade things work!

I will definitely keep you guys as a reference for when I eventually reside in Cebu (It may take a few years!). In the meantime I am very interested in you book/CDs when they become available.

Jason

Vince Runza

Yo! If ya need somebody to teach "Aut'entic, New York English", look no furtha!

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Mark 1 EMH

I can fumble through a casual conversation in binisaya, but I require a few intensive one on one lectures for a specific purpose. Please send me an email at [email protected] as my PM functions on this board are disabled for some reason. Ill give you the details of what I need... Thank you!