Free money transfer

HeyMike

I have not used them. I do not see Philippines on the list of countries they send to.

They say if you sign up now you can $ 10 free to any one soon

it csays a the top ad also on the list  not the one for the $10         free rit mit that the !0$ one

HeyMike

I use Western Union, but always looking for a cheaper way to send money, thanks.

I use Western Union, but always looking for a cheaper way to send money, thanks.

World Remit is MUCH cheaper and a is quick and efficient online service, without any need to sign up or provide IDs. You just register a debit or credit card, and then you can send in less than a minute. 

It's rates are always good and the charges low. It works. Collection can be made at many of the usual places.

It quite often runs a "free until ???" promotion. 

By comparison WU sucks big time and is a dinosaur. 

HeyMike

I did not see the Philippines listed in countries to send to because I did not change the country to USA on the top right. Western Union is $7 and World Remit is $3.99, good deal. I will use World Remit the next time I transfer money and take advantage of the free first time offer. Thanks Tonny and David.

Enuff

I did not see the Philippines listed in countries to send to because I did not change the country to USA on the top right. Western Union is $7 and World Remit is $3.99, good deal. I will use World Remit the next time I transfer money and take advantage of the free first time offer. Thanks Tonny and David.

check out the exchange rate too

world remit is almost p1 HIGHER

plus i use my debit card in usa to my eastwest bank and typically is available within 24 to 48 hrs.

HeyMike

check out the exchange rate too

world remit is almost p1 HIGHER

plus i use my debit card in usa to my eastwest bank and typically is available within 24 to 48 hrs.

Bigmook, are you saying you use your debit card to transfer funds from usa bank to your bank here? I have a usa bank, but not a bank here in RP.

Enuff

yes, i have CapitalOne 360 checking account. I use my debit/MasterCard to transfer via WorldRemit. Much better rates than WU and always available for withdraw at my EastWest account within 48 hrs, typically available in 24 hrs.

Bigmook, are you saying you use your debit card to transfer funds from usa bank to your bank here? I have a usa bank, but not a bank here in RP.

Sorry to butt in but I think it is definitely worth having a bank account here. I use BPI, who also have a bank in the UK which is linked to the British system. I have a PH account in pesos and a UK account in £s. I can transfer money online into the BPI £ account from my other UK bank accounts within an hour or two. It then appears online and I can convert it into pesos instantly, or wait until the rate is favourable. Their rate is always matching the current mid market rate, so no hidden charges there. If I need to I can load my BPI peso account and be withdrawing via an ATM in less than 2 hours.

They charge me £5 per transaction, no matter the size, so I do it in large amounts occasionally. This makes transfers quick, and cheap. I used WorldRemit to move money whilst in the UK to those here without a bank account. 

I don't know if other PH banks have similar arrangements but know that BPI also have a US bank. 

Jew.

HeyMike

Jew.

lol... sabbath keeper; not necessarily a Jew. Not that there is anything wrong with Jews, mind you.

• Like 1

lol... sabbath keeper; not necessarily a Jew. Not that there is anything wrong with Jews, mind you.

Okay. Cheap Charlie.