Camera insurance

Shrek484

I having real trouble sourcing insurance for my camera gear ready for my holiday. As an expat no one seems to want to cover it, I have tried many now and all want me to be resident in the UK or put it on my contents insurance, which I do not have.

Any suggestions?

Ash.

contraman

I having real trouble sourcing insurance for my camera gear ready for my holiday. As an expat no one seems to want to cover it, I have tried many now and all want me to be resident in the UK or put it on my contents insurance, which I do not have.

Any suggestions?

Ash.

Dont loose or break it :idontknow:
Shrek484

Harder done than said, I will have to leave it at the hotel on occasion! 

Edited by Shrek484
mabutiman

Quite often safer with you than leaving in your room .....just carry in a back pack ....

spydoo

It's usually covered in travel insurance, with an option to increase the cover for individual items. It is in my policy, anyway. I can't refer you to them as it's cover for Aussies traveling abroad. 

Have you searched among travel insurance providers?

Shrek484

yeh, best I can find is £400 max per item, hell that covers the bag only!!!

Davaoeno

You have a bag for your camera that you paid 30,000 pesos for ???  If your stuff is really that valuable why would you even consider dragging it around the Philippines ??

• Like 1
miles-high

My “cheap” camera bag (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Deluxe-Backpack-200EG-Cameras/dp/B00009R6TA/ref=sr_1_7?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1452325859&sr=1-7&keywords=canon+camera+bag as compared to your £400 bag) is packed with an EOS 5D Mk3 and its battery grip, EF16-36 L IS, 70-300 DO IS, 24-105 L IS, 600EX-RT/remote transmitter, Canon GPS logger, Sony 4K Action Cam and other accessories, totaling about $9,000 worth of cam gear…

But the bag looks cheap so no one has ever bothered…

It’s heavy but I usually carry it around… When I have to leave it in a hotel room, I often put the cams in my lockable suitcase, lenses in a safe… never had any problems, stolen or otherwise, whether in NYC or in the Philippines or any EU countries… :D

• Like 1
Shrek484

Guys the bag was an exaggeration to make a point about the miserly £400 max limit, come on! and even if it was worth that, what ever amount my gear is worth, ofcourse I want to "drag it around the world" that is the whole Idea of it! 

Spydo, what is the name of your insurer, I have mailed about 6 and tried about 20 on the net. 

approx value of my gear is £3000 which is why I want it covered.

Edited by Shrek484
spydoo

Guys the bag was an exaggeration to make a point about the miserly £400 max limit, come on! and even if it was worth that, what ever amount my gear is worth, ofcourse I want to "drag it around the world" that is the whole Idea of it! 

Spydo, what is the name of your insurer, I have mailed about 6 and tried about 20 on the net. 

approx value of my gear is £3000 which is why I want it covered.

It's currently Budget Direct but I don't know if they will insure you, not being an Aussie. You would need to take comprehensive or multi-trip cover then upgrade the insurance for your camera equipment.

On page 12 of their Product Disclosure Statement you will see you can upgrade to AU$4000 cover for individual items.

Edited by spydoo
Davaoeno

but I don't know if they will insure you, not being an Aussie

they wont cover you according to their policy 

smokey

My “cheap” camera bag (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Deluxe-Backpack-200EG-Cameras/dp/B00009R6TA/ref=sr_1_7?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1452325859&sr=1-7&keywords=canon+camera+bag as compared to your £400 bag) is packed with an EOS 5D Mk3 and its battery grip, EF16-36 L IS, 70-300 DO IS, 24-105 L IS, 600EX-RT/remote transmitter, Canon GPS logger, Sony 4K Action Cam and other accessories, totaling about $9,000 worth of cam gear…

But the bag looks cheap so no one has ever bothered…

It’s heavy but I usually carry it around… When I have to leave it in a hotel room, I often put the cams in my lockable suitcase, lenses in a safe… never had any problems, stolen or otherwise, whether in NYC or in the Philippines or any EU countries… :D

my camera is bigger then your camera i named it Hubble and i let NASA use it to find their lost space stuff....

• Like 1