Filipina-American Divorce

SkyMan

costs $75 (p3,531)
That's if you file it yourself and can wade through the paperwork yourself.  It's possible but I did mine in Ohio and when I looked at the paperwork I opted for a cheap lawyer.  And I do my own taxes.
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maldita23

• Paul

• SkyMan

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the asshole could fly to the Philippines, screw you, marry you, and make you promises that he couldn't afford to keep. Then, when he should have carried though, he dropped the ball, like a number

Maldita, sorry to hear about your situation. Read all the post but you didn't say much about your "husband". I can understand if you want to keep info private about him.   5 years ago, a young woman

I now have the authenticated documents needed for the Recognition of a Foreign Decree.  Next step is to look for a Filipino lawyer.

Posted Images

RogerDuMond

You're not going to get any meaningful answer by emailing a lawyer.  They want to get paid for their advice.  Google divorce North Carolina.  Lots of information from the state, itself, on what to do and how to file.

I have never heard of an attorney in the US that charged for the first consultation. Once you retain them, then the charges begin.

woodchopper

google "free or self divorce procedure" in your concerned state,,i would be surprised if you did not find the answer maam!

Maldita23

Once again, the divorce must be filed where one party lives, so if you don't live in the US, you will need to find an attorney in the state where your husband lives.

If I do not live in the US, and will find an attorney where he lives- What favor will it do for me? Will that help me file a divorce?

No kids involve. No joint assets to divide.

It also sound to me that he doesn't want to give me a divorce. I actually have sent him some money to file it but he just got the money and did not push through it. It is not possible for me to file the divorce,in that case- my only option is annulment. Do I have other options?

I'm sure you know all the horrors regarding an annulment?  Ask me,  my gf just completed hers (3 years,  p250,000-300,000).  And not to discourage  you but even if you meet all of the requirements,  it's still only 50/50 that the judge will grant it. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm sure you know all the horrors regarding an annulment? Ask me, my gf just completed hers (3 years, p250,000-300,000). And not to discourage you but even if you meet all of the requirements, it's still only 50/50 that the judge will grant it.

Wow. Mine paid P45,000 and then he asked for 10,000 more at the end. Her ex didn't even show up even though he was directed to by the court. The judge (a woman) basically said screw him and granted it. Well the fact that he was previously and still married when they got married didn't help his cause either.

Well to be clear here. It wasn't actually an annulment. Because the marriage was illegal, it is considered null and void. All the lawyer had to do was to submit documents from NSO showing he was a bigamist. The end is the same though.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 4
Enuff

That's if you file it yourself and can wade through the paperwork yourself. It's possible but I did mine in Ohio and when I looked at the paperwork I opted for a cheap lawyer. And I do my own taxes.

I did my own in Maryland in 2001.

Total costs for everything was less than $300.

Taxes and divorce are easy, marriage is the toughest.

• Like 4
Davaoeno

The OP lives in Cebu . Since she does not have residency in any US state she can not file for divorce anywhere in the US. 

Basically her options are:

1. Get him to apply for a divorce in the state where he lives.  These days most places offer DO It Yourself Divorces that you can get online. [ I use online legal forms all the time! ]  They  supply the forms for you to download and tell you how to process them. If he refuses to pay for it himself you can offer to pay for it yourself.

2. Go to Guam for 2 weeks to get residency, or to some other state  to get residency [ I think Nevada used to be easy, possibly las Vegas also ] . If it is uncontested this should be quite easy to do . 

3. Get an annulment in Cebu .  I usually hear fees of 200,000 . Salty Dog managed it for 55,000- maybe ask him where he went .   It can also be done in Davao for 100,000-125,000

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 4

costs $75 (p3,531)

In North Carolina, divorce can be obtained whether or not both parties want a divorce. As long as you have been separated a year and one of the parties has been a resident of North Carolina for six months prior to the filing of the action, then you can obtain a divorce. Consent by both parties is not necessary in North Carolina.

http://cordellcordell.com/resources/north-carolina/northcarolina-divorce-questions/

This looks like the solution.... if the lawyer is willing to work with her while she stays  in the RP and the lawyer is honest. 

• Like 1
Enuff

hey dear, pm me his info and i will stop by and convince him to divorce

• Like 7

Wow. Mine paid P45,000 and then he asked for 10,000 more at the end. Her ex didn't even show up even though he was directed to by the court. The judge (a woman) basically said screw him and granted it. Well the fact that he was previously and still married when they got married didn't help his cause either.

Well to be clear here. It wasn't actually an annulment. Because the marriage was illegal, it is considered null and void. All the lawyer had to do was to submit documents from NSO showing he was a bigamist. The end is the same though.

Yours was a Declaration of Nullity of Marraige,  wish my gf's was only p45000 :(

The price of love eh?   haha

• Like 1
diverdon

My serious question for the OP is wether or not she knows if her husband is a member of this or any other board and if so what is his name? How did they meet? If on a dating site is his profile still up? 

hey dear, pm me his info and i will stop by and convince him to divorce

Haha..  I'm sure a few guys here would  like to get in on the 'attitude  adjustment ' meeting, work off some calories  -  badabing badaboom.. 

(joke... I do not condone violence under most circumstances) 

Edited by hitman
  • Like 1
Maldita23

My serious question for the OP is wether or not she knows if her husband is a member of this or any other board and if so what is his name? How did they meet? If on a dating site is his profile still up? 

My ex is not a member in here. We meet through a common friend. I do not think he is on a dating site.