Filipina-American Divorce

Enuff

Congratulations!

Getting a divorce is usually a better feeling than the original marriage.

Enjoy your new found freedom.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maldita23

• Paul

• SkyMan

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the asshole could fly to the Philippines, screw you, marry you, and make you promises that he couldn't afford to keep. Then, when he should have carried though, he dropped the ball, like a number

Maldita, sorry to hear about your situation. Read all the post but you didn't say much about your "husband". I can understand if you want to keep info private about him.   5 years ago, a young woman

I now have the authenticated documents needed for the Recognition of a Foreign Decree.  Next step is to look for a Filipino lawyer.

Posted Images

Maldita23

I now have the authenticated documents needed for the Recognition of a Foreign Decree.  Next step is to look for a Filipino lawyer.

• Like 7
Paul

I am glad this is moving along for you.

Headshot

Look in the Services forum under "Lawyer" and you will find some recommendations there.

quit_yume
He said he can not afford to divorce me yet. He just keeps on ignoring me even if I offered to pay for the whole process of divorce. Like I said, I actually have sent him some money to divorce me. He just took the money and did not process it.

what he is doing is claiming you as a dependent on his taxes.  it's not expensive to get a divorce but he probably is getting a few thousand from having you on his tax return and he will want to do that for as long as possible

ouch... looks like i should have finished the whole thread..  sounds like you have a plan now.  good luck!!

Edited by quit_yume
  • 2 weeks later...
Maldita23

I found a lawyer who will handle my case in Phil. Court for 50k.

Told me this is the process:

A.) Filing

b.) Notice to public (will take 3-4 weeks)

c.) Preliminary Hearing

d.) Final Hearing

e.) Court's judgement

We will file the case by Monday and we expect to get it done by December - January ( with a bit of help from some connections).

Hoping for the best :)

• Like 3