Filipina-American Divorce

Maldita23

The lawyer should be able to do this as part of his fee.  

Here's the lawyer's response about the authentication:

"The authentication process requires us to get an exemplified copy of your divorce from the court, send that to the NC Secretary of State for their authentication and then to the Philippine Embassy for their authentication.

We will charge $200 for this service."

Do you think the price is fair enough?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maldita23

• Paul

• Davaoeno

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the asshole could fly to the Philippines, screw you, marry you, and make you promises that he couldn't afford to keep. Then, when he should have carried though, he dropped the ball, like a number

Maldita, sorry to hear about your situation. Read all the post but you didn't say much about your "husband". I can understand if you want to keep info private about him.   5 years ago, a young woman

I now have the authenticated documents needed for the Recognition of a Foreign Decree.  Next step is to look for a Filipino lawyer.

Posted Images

shadow

"The authentication process requires us to get an exemplified copy of your divorce from the court, send that to the NC Secretary of State for their authentication and then to the Philippine Embassy for their authentication.

Considering you are here an unable to do this yourself, it is probably as good a solution as you are going to get. You know that you cannot get your ex to do it for you in a expedient manner.  

• Like 3
bahalina buong

I don't want to read all 18 pages again, but was it the OP who's hubby was already married ? I thought that was a story from someone else.

Yep, there's a whole lot of BS in this thread.  Love the self-righteous white knights ready to castigate (castrate?) the hubby for some things that likely never happened.  From the OP's wordage alone, one can deduce the real reasons the marriage didn't work out.  Some of you guys would make horrible detectives, at least if there was a woman involved...  Anyways, glad it worked out for her...and she learned that "life's not a fairy tale" ;)

• Like 2
TheWhiteKnight

Yes that's fair enough, similar to what I paid to a 3rd party and at least your lawyer knows what to do and will handle it all.

RogerDuMond

Some of you guys would make horrible detectives, at least if there was a woman involved..

And others would make a terrible detective because of past prejudices.

• 1 month later...
Maldita23

My Divorce in the USA's done and now waiting for authentications. I need some information on where to file the case in the Philippines  for faster and less hassle process. And also, a Filipino lawyer who could get it done. Thank you.

• Like 5
baby43

I got married to a Filipino woman in the Philippines 8 years ago found it was a scam, about 18 months later filed for divorce here in Australia no problem, , anyway found ot later this woman was already married when I married her, its funny how Filipinos know someone done something wrong wont give you proof so the easy way was for me to get divorced here in Australia. 

hitman

You can get a cheap divorce in Guam if both parties agree to cooperate and it will be completed in about 3 weeks or so. I know because I went to Guam in 2012 to accomplish my US divorce but in my case my wife fought it and it took about 11 months.

One party must travel there and stay for a week or so to do the paperwork (for a noncontested divorce)

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
Paul

You can get a cheap divorce in Guam if both parties agree to cooperate and it will be completed in about 3 weeks or so. I know because I went to Guam in 2012 to accomplish my US divorce but in my case my wife fought it and it took about 11 months.

One party must travel there and stay for a week or so to do the paperwork (for a noncontested divorce)

Read two posts above yours. Her divorce is now finished in the US. But, that is good to know. 

hitman

Read two posts above yours. Her divorce is now finished in the US. But, that is good to know.

yeah i realized that after i

hit post. i deleted my post but i guess some members had already seen it and quoted from it

Edited by hitman
Paul

yeah i realized that after i

hit post. i deleted my post but i guess some members had already seen it and quoted from it

You didn't have to delete it. It still offered good information. I meant that with my reply. I will put your text back. If you don't want it, I will delete it. Just let me know.

• Like 1
Maldita23

" If another girl steals your man, there's no better revenge than letting her keep him. Real men can't be stolen".

Cheating isn't  a  struggle to overcome, it's a reason to break up.

Edited by Maldita23
  • Like 7
perrya

A uncontested divorce in the US is easy and can be done by yourself. The cost varies because each county is different. In the county I live in, filing fee is $450. If there are real property issues, this can be an issue, but as long as parties are on decent terms, you don't need an attorney. There are many DIY divorce books: basicaly, file the petition and summons, serve the papers, wait 30 days and if no answer, the case is default. You may have to exchange income info etc. After all the steps, couple is divorced after six months. A cheaper way is to use a paralegal.

hitman

You didn't have to delete it. It still offered good information. I meant that with my reply. I will put your text back. If you don't want it, I will delete it. Just let me know.

You can leave the Guam divorce info.... or my entire post, whatever you feel best..... hope ít might help another poor soul in the future

• Like 1
Maldita23

One of the most courageous decisions I have made in my life is when I have decided to let go of what was hurting my heart and soul. Everyone in our lives are meant to be in the journey but not all of them are meant to stay. I wouldn't be who I am now if I have not gone through this. And I now find myself as a better person.  There are so many things I am looking forward for. So many more mistakes to make, many more people to meet, and many more lessons to learn.

Live, Laugh, Love !

I will update once my authentication is done. I will file it right away to the RTC in my province.

• Like 6