Anyone use LBC Shipping Cart?

JohnSurrey

I was on the LBC site and noticed you can shop at US online stores and have the items shipped to you here by LBC...

I have a UK Credit Card and a UK American Express card (both tied to UK addresses) ...

I presume they'd work ok because I used to buy stuff from Amazon (US) and have it shipped to the UK etc.

Anyone use the service or foresee any problems with me using it?

I'll only be using it once or twice a year for toys and a few bits I cannot find here.

RogerDuMond

I just looked at it and the only problem I see is that the maximum insurance available is $500.

johnormoc

I plan on trying this service for a small item (under $20) from Amazon to see if it works. I'd love to hear about anyone's experience who has used it already. If it works, this would be fantastic!  I've read some online reviews of the service and the biggest complaint so far is the length of time it takes for the items to arrive. One lady's review said it took over 2 months to get her item.  I could live with that for something I didn't need right away. My biggest concern is that the item would never arrive.

RogerDuMond

I plan on trying this service for a small item (under $20) from Amazon to see if it works. I'd love to hear about anyone's experience who has used it already. If it works, this would be fantastic!  I've read some online reviews of the service and the biggest complaint so far is the length of time it takes for the items to arrive. One lady's review said it took over 2 months to get her item.  I could live with that for something I didn't need right away. My biggest concern is that the item would never arrive.

Two months is a reasonable time for something coming from the US by sea cargo which is one of their options. From looking at the website, I believe that the sea cargo is an extension of the  balikbayan box shipping. What I like about LBC balikbayan shipping, is the ability to track your box on their express cargo website. The air cargo shipping is supposed to be delivered within 15 days.

• Like 1
JohnSurrey

Well I've registered and got my US address... I'm just waiting for a supplier from the UK to get back to me about something I cannot get in the US without a medical prescription (yawn)...

I've ordered some toys/books and other pharmacy items, nothing too expensive so I'll let you know how it all works out - fortunately I already had an Amazon US account which is where I'm buying everything from.

I just looked at it and the only problem I see is that the maximum insurance available is $500.

Well I've registered and got my US address... I'm just waiting for a supplier from the UK to get back to me about something I cannot get in the US without a medical prescription (yawn)... my plan will be to order this item in the UK and deliver it to the US to combine with my US shopping.

I've ordered some toys/books and other pharmacy items, nothing too expensive so I'll let you know how it all works out - fortunately I already had an Amazon US account which is where I'm buying most things from... (I use Walmart.US for a price comparison check)

• 4 weeks later...
MIDNITERIDER

Two months is a reasonable time for something coming from the US by sea cargo which is one of their options. From looking at the website, I believe that the sea cargo is an extension of the  balikbayan box shipping. What I like about LBC balikbayan shipping, is the ability to track your box on their express cargo website. The air cargo shipping is supposed to be delivered within 15 days.

Oh it works very well, I've been hooked on their service by now ! I compare prices from stores that DO ship to the Phils (not many) such as Amazon and Target and the prices are just not even close. LBC is a great value, that is if they don't lose any of my packages, but so far we have not been disappointed. 

LBCSHIPPINGCART.PH is the site

Edited by MIDNITERIDER
questsea73

Are items shipped from USA through this method likely to be subject to on-arrival opening of pkgs and assessment of customs/vat/storage/processing fees at Manila?

Ken

questsea73

from poster 7:  Sorry.  I re-read the website, closer this time.  These taxes are incorporated in the flat rate you pay LBC for either sea or air transport before shipment leaves origin.