Sign in to follow this  
contraman

Report on Sampaquita Suites

Alfred E. Neuman

Thanks for the laugh

• Like 1

Jester

Sounds like several of the places I have stayed in the PI's.   Getting your wallet back makes it a 4 star!   Jester

• Like 2

colemanlee

I didnt post on this before as I was lazy...but as Ken has said, the place is the pits...they had to replace the AC unit...froze up and leaked over out stuff..wife had 40 k worth of jewelry stolen...didnt notice it until we had left...had to be the cleaners...and they pulled it off while I was in the room...DO NOT STAY THERE

• Like 3

woodchopper

several years ago i read a comment,,not sure where,,the people or staff etc actually walked around the ledge to enter the room.

there are 2 sampaguita's in Cebu city.

Mack Carrol Jackson (US) was shot dead 50mtrs (in his regular room) from the front desk in Davao("new sampaguita") and not a word more was heard after that!

For Real

I stayed there when it first opened and was Ho hum about the place when comparing to other city pension houses. Now I have heard the latest and no so greatest I will tell people not to stay there.

oztony

Maybe try another street next time ;

Capture.JPGalc.JPG 

• Like 6

contraman

I stayed there when it first opened and was Ho hum about the place when comparing to other city pension houses. Now I have heard the latest and no so greatest I will tell people not to stay there.

Hell, how old are you then if you stayed there when it was new?

This place was never new in my lifetime :idontknow:

Maybe you stayed at the other one

Thanks for the laugh

I was actually being serious :good:

contraman

Maybe try another street next time ;

attachicon.gifCapture.JPGalc.JPG

I tjink that is one for Colemanlee :yahoo:
  • Like 2

Yellowfever

Sounds like you're having a pretty bad run of things mate.  I've stayed at Sampaguita and it was pretty standard run of the mill for cebu hotels.  People stay there because you can walk to mango, which I'm sure you already knew.  Grand prix across the road can be had for P1k sometimes, but the rooms are tiny and many don't even have windows.  If you want a place that's a bit nicer to stay but still walking distance to mango/fuente then premiere citi suites (not to be confused with citi suites) is pretty nice, has a rooftop restaurant, very large rooms and can be had for a reasonable price.  Breakfast is eatable and included.  

contraman

Sounds like you're having a pretty bad run of things mate. I've stayed at Sampaguita and it was pretty standard run of the mill for cebu hotels. People stay there because you can walk to mango, which I'm sure you already knew. Grand prix across the road can be had for P1k sometimes, but the rooms are tiny and many don't even have windows. If you want a place that's a bit nicer to stay but still walking distance to mango/fuente then premiere citi suites (not to be confused with citi suites) is pretty nice, has a rooftop restaurant, very large rooms and can be had for a reasonable price. Breakfast is eatable and included.

On the contrary,

This was Not A Complaint.

I was just reporting on my experience for the benefit of othrrs

And yes, I am very well aware of alternative accommodation in the area. :idontknow:

• Like 1

Headshot

On the contrary,

This was Not A Complaint.

I was just reporting on my experience for the benefit of othrrs

And yes, I am very well aware of alternative accommodation in the area. :idontknow:

Next time, try Eddie's Hotel on Gotianuy Street (just off Mango Ave). I have heard nothing but good things about it, and it is just as convenient to the bars on Mango as the rat trap where you stayed. Thanks for the report.

Jeepney

There was a shower over the toilet pan with a gas hot water service on the wall.

Never seen gas appliances like that in PH, it would need piped, or bottled gas.

Can be only electric water heater, that type would have breaker also.

contraman

Never seen gas appliances like that in PH, it would need piped, or bottled gas.

Can be only electric water heater, that type would have breaker also.

I can assure you it was a wall mounted HWS with an electrical connection

Edited by contraman

Buko Beach

Contraman,

What was the rate?