Video of US Army Scout killed in Dumaguete

Davaoeno

yes, I think it was pretty clear...he made some type of jester...to bring it on...and they did...

your last comment on this matter was on Dec 31 when you said "  I really hope you folks that took the time to make negative comments...take the time to read the facts and the tribute..."

• Like 2
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• Wrye83

• Wolfpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen the CCTV footage of what happens inside the bar (and have a copy on my computer) for about an hour prior to where the live leak video starts. I've been asked to not release the video until

AN OLD WOMAN WALKED UP AND TIED HER OLD MULE TO THE HITCHING POST. AS SHE STOOD THERE, BRUSHING SOME OF THE DUST FROM HER FACE AND CLOTHES, A YOUNG GUNSLINGER STEPPED OUT OF THE SALOON WITH A GUN IN

I have spent a whole lot of time in "public drinking situations" (including Zanzibar and other local discos at least once a week) for about 5 years in Dumaguete and have never had a problem that I cou

Posted Images

Wolfpack

your last comment on this matter was on Dec 31 when you said "  I really hope you folks that took the time to make negative comments...take the time to read the facts and the tribute..."

my most recent comments on the matter were deleted by a mod...and I was suspended for 8 hours...

but big daddy has done what that mod suggested and sent PM's instead of responding further publicly...

liquido
In the Philippines, sadly I doubt we will ever see justice for Mr. Prin and especially not if anyone who wishes to prosecute this sees that video.

As printed in the paper,we might see some justice..."

Additional sources claim to have been notified about several members of the US army that were heading to Dumaguete City. This might lead to the assumption that acts of retaliation might be immanent."

Maybe if the calvary shows up there might be a few pieces of vomit flushed out the system...

Edited by liquido
Wolfpack

Additional sources claim to have been notified about several members of the US army that were heading to Dumaguete City. This might lead to the assumption that acts of retaliation might be immanent."

talk of retaliation...and the reality of retaliation...are two different things...

sure, it is a natural reaction to want to go there...and retaliate...

reality, would take some serious planning...a lot of money...and our bosses would not approve of such a mission...

Art, inspiration and legacy.

Thanks, Phil.

attachicon.gifprins 9.jpg

attachicon.gifprins 27.jpg

attachicon.gifprins 73.jpg

attachicon.gifprins 99.jpg

attachicon.gifprins 206.jpg

attachicon.gifprisn 220.jpg

attachicon.gifprins 220.jpg

these are the things folks need to be remembering...

thanks for posting

• Like 1
Johnny S

Maybe if the calvary shows up there might be a few pieces of vomit flushed out the system...

More fodder for the local drunks!!!!

Tullioz

So, a guy on the ground, with three or four other guys kicking the shit out of him is not too excessive? 

You are right about one thing. Your opinion isn't very popular.

The beating in that video doesn't compare to some that I have witnessed first hand. 7 seconds of being kicked and punched is not too excessive when compared to your average street brawl.  Unfair and cowardly on the part of the attackers, yes. excessive, no. A person can be killed by a single blow or a combination of blows in a fight and depends on a variety of factors. What was shown in that video is a common occurrence. I was expecting the video to show something much worse when I started viewing it and was surprised at just how common it actually was. If anything, the cowards in this video showed restraint by not continuing to beat him longer than they did once he was down. 

I am not sure of the exact cause of death, but in most cases, following a beating as shown in this video a guy would be waking up the next day with a severe hangover, nursing his wounds, and realizing he probably made a few mistakes leading up to the situation he found himself in. I have been there myself.

And with that.....a murder charge is possible

There is no evidence that the guys who attacked intended to kill so there are no grounds for a murder case. This was just a cowardly attack against a lone guy that ended badly for the victim. I think this video will actually help defuse some of the anger that is out there as it is clear that this was a typical bar fight and not an intentional killing. 

The beating in that video doesn't compare to some that I have witnessed first hand.

Got it. Thanks. We can put you down as our resident expert on videos of what beatings will only hurt you, and what beatings will kill you.

I think this video will actually help defuse some of the anger that is out there as it is clear that this was a typical bar fight and not an intentional killing.

Then, I suggest you view the video again, and again, until you see it. Larry posted what happened, earlier on in this thread - if you still have trouble seeing it.

• Like 6
diverdon

Most of you are not going to like what I write but from the video, it did seem like Mr. Prin was saying bring it on, he may have told them to step outside, and he went to the guy who walked away to the end of the fence. For someone who has been in the Philippines for quite a while, he had to know that there was more than one of the Filipinos and that he was larger than the Filipinos, thus he should have expected more than one of them to fight him. The guy behind him caught him off guard and anyone with experience should know to always keep you back to a wall when getting into a fight with more than one person. I too believe that the guy knocking him to the ground while he was off guard may have been what caused the most damage but I guess we may never know. 

Seems a few lessons are to be learned from this, never force a fight when you can walk. It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than to pursue one.

Never have your back to anyone who may be an enemy.

Filipinos fight in groups, I doubt there is any member of this forum who did not know that but if there was, then I hope they know it now.

An average Filipino is not going to even try to fight fair when facing someone much larger than them.

In the Philippines, sadly I doubt we will ever see justice for Mr. Prin and especially not if anyone who wishes to prosecute this sees that video.

RIP Mr. Prin

For my self knowing it and remembering it when I need it can be slightly different things. To me it seems that the establishment that night could have benifited from 500 pounds of uncle Sams love.

Popular Bar my hometown , high school football star drunk and disorderly .

Big Black bouncer pro MMA training , grabs the kid by the neck lifts him up throws

him out the door kid hits his head on the ground dies ,,

family sues bar for millions bar close's down. Moral of the story , one must be careful

about hiring knuckle heads for security .

It might be hard to find anyone who was not a knucklehead who wanted that job.

Edited by diverdon
woodchopper

at least 1 of the thugs appears to be part of the bike riders that arrive early in the clip. how was he part of a "bar room" brawl????

• Like 2
Tullioz

Got it. Thanks. We can put you down as our resident expert on videos of what beatings will only hurt you, and what beatings will kill you.

I think most here who have spent a lot of time in the bar scene or have witness such events elsewhere would agree that what is shown in that video is typical. I have seen a single punch put a guy in intensive care and I have also seen guys get put on the ground, kicked, and stomped repeatedly and still walk away. No two fights are the same and some people can take a beating better than others. This was a cowardly act no two ways about it, but with the exception of the victim dying, it was not an unusual occurrence. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2

I think most here who have spent a lot of time in the bar scene or have witness such events elsewhere would agree that what is shown in that video is typical. I have seen a single punch put a guy in intensive care and I have also seen guys get put on the ground, kicked, and stomped repeatedly and still walk away. No two fights are the same and some people can take a beating better than others. This was a cowardly act no two ways about it, but it is not unusual. 

I'm 49, and have seen my share of them. I have been involved in a few as well, in my lifetime. Either way, there is no way in hell that you, me, or anyone else could determine how severely this man was beaten by the Filipinos who were kicking him. The surveillance camera video, at this point anyway, simply is not clear enough.

You know, some topics you really should refrain from posting in. While you may be voiced concerning some, you certainly are not concerning all. This, being one of the latter. 

And again, view the video again and see what you missed. Hint: It happened early on in the video.

• Like 1
woodchopper

And again, view the video again and see what you missed. Hint: It happened early on in the video.

at least 2 of them complicit in my view

bahalina buong

Looks like someone moved his motor and he was pissed about it.  I would get angry also if I just saved the world and nobody gave a shit.

• Like 1