• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• Wrye83

• Wolfpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen the CCTV footage of what happens inside the bar (and have a copy on my computer) for about an hour prior to where the live leak video starts. I've been asked to not release the video until

AN OLD WOMAN WALKED UP AND TIED HER OLD MULE TO THE HITCHING POST. AS SHE STOOD THERE, BRUSHING SOME OF THE DUST FROM HER FACE AND CLOTHES, A YOUNG GUNSLINGER STEPPED OUT OF THE SALOON WITH A GUN IN

I have spent a whole lot of time in "public drinking situations" (including Zanzibar and other local discos at least once a week) for about 5 years in Dumaguete and have never had a problem that I cou

Posted Images

shadow

So, a guy on the ground, with three or four other guys kicking the shit out of him is not too excessive? 

You are right about one thing. Your opinion isn't very popular.

This exact case scenario may well have been filmed in my hometown, USA. The only difference being, the dark skinned people would be Indians, not Filipino. Of course, there is the fact that half the local Indian tribe (Nesika Illahee) is half Filipino! This type of interaction would be a normal Saturday night out there.

• Like 4

This was not murder, but a case of involuntary manslaughter.

At the start of the video the second person out the door takes the weapon out and sets in on the ground to be picked up later, clearly it was a planned attack.

And with that.....a murder charge is possible

• Like 4
woodchopper
  it usually ends custodial time in australia   Gang set upon teen in Brisbane assault

Updated: 12:21 pm, Sunday, 3 January 2016

Police are striving to identify four men over a sickening assault in Brisbane that has left a teenager fighting for his life.

The 18-year-old man suffered life-threatening head injuries after being assaulted in the Chinatown Mall in Duncan Street at 3.35am (AEST).

He is in the intensive care unit at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital in a critical condition.

Detective Acting Inspector Tom Armitt said the young man was walking through the mall with a friend when they were approached by four men of Pacific Islander appearance, believed to be in their 20s.

'A short exchange has occurred and the victim was struck once to the back of the head (and) has fallen forward,' he said.

'This is a random act of violence - there is no indication that the victim knew who the offenders were.'

He appealed for any witnesses to the brutal attack to come forward and assist police with their enquiries.

It's understood the bloodied teen was found unconscious by two NightWatch chaplains, who rendered first aid before paramedics arrived on scene.

The teen's assault came about an hour after a 24-year-old man was also punched in the face while sitting in a Brunswick Street nightclub.

The force of the blow broke a ceramic mug the offender had in his fist, leaving the victim's face and eye lacerated.

Police are still trying to determine if the men knew each other.

Investigations are continuing.

AAP

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/01/03/suspected-one-punch-assault-in-brisbane.html?cid=BP_RSS_top-stories_1_suspected-one-punch-assault-in-brisbane_030116#sthash.2MwjQL9a.dpuf

Davaoeno

Yeah. In many cases, concerning the guys anyway, it is cowardice. 

If fights were supposed to be fair then countries wouldnt have things like nuclear subs and aircraft carriers, warthogs and F35-s etc.   I think the last time anyone worried about a fight being fair was sometime  in WW1

• Like 7

If fights were supposed to be fair then countries wouldnt have things like nuclear subs and aircraft carriers, warthogs and F35-s etc.   I think the last time anyone worried about a fight being fair was sometime  in WW1

You are comparing apples to oranges. When it is person on person, and certainly not in war time, fair fighting should apply. 

If I am at war with your country, and am a Warthog pilot, I would have no issues filling your armored personnel carrier with depleted uranium. However, this is not the case. No where near it, in fact. 

The good thing about fighting Filipinos is, all you would probably have to tell them is, "Which one of you is willing to take a knife to the gut and die, so the others can get to me?" That would tend to thin out the willing participants pretty quickly.

• Like 1
shadow

And with that.....a murder charge is possible

In most US states, yes, that would show premeditation, but here?

• Like 2
Humboldt

lots of People fight in groups Gangbanger's motorcycle clubs , Cop's etc.

I don't think there are many Filipino's that would be willing to go 1 on 1 with that guy.

• Like 5
Irenicus

He obviously was not trained and/or had forgotten that cowards do not fight "fair".  

By that time of the morning, I can only imagine how much he had drunk. 

Ugh - horrible combination of all relevant factors.

Families always suffer the most when things like this happen.

• Like 8

I don't think there are many Filipino's that would be willing to go 1 on 1 with that guy.

Never seen one willing to go one on one with any foreigner, honestly. 

• Like 3
Davaoeno

Never seen one willing to go one on one with any foreigner, honestly. 

Considering that most foreigners are much bigger, and that many have had previous military training I think any filipino who takes on a foreigner by himself is a suicidal retard . [ especially if late at night after the foreigner has been drinking all night, and even more so if the foreigner takes to the street and seems determined to make something out of it ]

If it was late at night outside a bar in  Georgia  i would be very much surprised if the locals didnt close ranks to beat my ass if I was a much bigger asian  guy who wouldnt back down  .

• Like 1
Wolfpack

This page purports to show the recent killing of the US Army scout killed in Dumaguete.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3fa_1451710066

drinking alone...

responding to folks harassing you, anywhere in the world...

can be deadly...

I get harassed here a lot...even when I am with my wife...some times she barks back at them...and I have to remind her not to bark back...

doesn't matter how well a person is trained...when they have had too much to drink...they are at a huge disadvantage...

clearly, dude was blindsided...likely, the blind sided blow knocked him out (may have been the deadly blow)...doesn't really matter at this point, the end result was death...

life is a humbling experience...this is a sad end to a mans life...

• Like 1
Wolfpack

Anybody besides me think the Army guy came out of the bar and pursued the argument? 

yes, I think it was pretty clear...he made some type of jester...to bring it on...and they did...

watching the video, that was painful to watch, knowing the outcome...

just a very sad situation...and why I recommend folks do not drink alone...

but then again, if a group of us get to rowdy...folks that don't like us come back with guns or something worse...

Edited by Wolfpack

Watching the video and knowing more about the circumstances, this isn't a "foreigners in the the Philippines" issue at all. That exact same scenario plays out hundreds of times a day all over the world, between every race imaginable. White college bars, biker bars -- every kind of bar -- drunk people fight. And sometimes people get hit a little too hard and die. It sucks, and I'm sure he didn't deserve it. In 3 years in the Philippines I went to a Filipino bar one time, and I tipped the bouncer 100 pesos to watch our backs. If shit went down, it probably wouldn't have mattered but made me feel better.

• Like 6