Brisket 50/50 burgers

• Admin (Retired)
broden

just put a brisket through the grinder. 

trimmed a few pounds of fat off of it and ended up with 11 pounds of good ground beef

if you've never used brisket to make hamburger do yourself a favor and give it a try .. really has a good beefy taste to it, more so than other cuts of beef

then i followed the beef with a couple pounds of bacon through the grinder and mixed it with a couple of pounds of the already ground beef to make the 50/50 mix

letting those flavors meld right now.. best burgers ever and so simple just 2 ingredients 

pulled a couple more briskets out of the freezer gonna grind them tomorrow .. might grind part of another one sunday and use part for stew 

• Like 5
Enuff

pictures?

better yet address?

i will stop by . . . just to verify the taste

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

there's always room for more at the table

pictures?

better yet address?

i will stop by . . . just to verify the taste

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

we already had a manual hand grinder(old school) but i found an electric one i like and she got it for me for Christmas.. makes the job so much easier and faster and cleans up much easier to boot

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200451267_200451267

she got me that one..

all metal internal gearing 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Are you in the Philippines? If so where do you buy the beef?

nope sure not.. we live in texas now days.. here briskets almost fall from the sky

Haha.. yes sir. Brisket is what I miss most about living in Texas. That's why I was hoping you had a line on the good stuff in the PI.

• Like 1
woodchopper

here briskets almost fall from the sky

well that would make them easy to grind eh?............ :killself:

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

well that would make them easy to grind eh?............ :killself:

if you keep your grinder outside yes

woodchopper

if you keep your grinder outside yes

u silly bugga,,it getz stolen.......... :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

grinding up a couple more briskets today.. trimmed them down to make about 90/10 ground beef .. the dogs enjoyed some of the fat as a treat 

might pull one more out of the freezer for tomorrow.

cvgtpc1

Then you re-freeze it as the ground beef?

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Then you re-freeze it as the ground beef?

yup.. ready to use 

we're gonna grind one tomorrow mixed with the cut from a pig that would be made into bacon and make some meatballs

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Are you in the Philippines? If so where do you buy the beef?

I get brisket by speaking to the butcher at my local S&R. They call it something else and I forget because it has been years since I pointed at a meat cut poster on the wall and said "give me that."

Now they just know. You should be able to sort something out in a similar way.

• Like 1
Johnny S

just put a brisket through the grinder. 

trimmed a few pounds of fat off of it and ended up with 11 pounds of good ground beef

if you've never used brisket to make hamburger do yourself a favor and give it a try .. really has a good beefy taste to it, more so than other cuts of beef

then i followed the beef with a couple pounds of bacon through the grinder and mixed it with a couple of pounds of the already ground beef to make the 50/50 mix

letting those flavors meld right now.. best burgers ever and so simple just 2 ingredients 

pulled a couple more briskets out of the freezer gonna grind them tomorrow .. might grind part of another one sunday and use part for stew 

Sounds good must try it..I enjoy Brisket 'second cut' with a little fat on it. The fat seems to give it the flavour..I prefer purchase strips about 6-8" long and 3-4"sq. I put half a dozen into the fryer half fill with water, add a pinch of salt and boil for about an hour. Then empty remaining water out and then roast for at least an hour. Don't over roast as it tends to dry out, one hour should be enough.Final result moist tender and delicious roast beef..Can purchase Brisket it at Ayala groceries ground floor for around 240 pesos 1kg.

• Like 1