Shipping computer - Questions

cvgtpc1

As to combining drives in the tower itself, I'm running an SSD for the OS and a RAID config for the HDD's for both speed and security, the only way I could make it faster would be 1.5 TB of solid state and that's out of my budget.

Way above my skill level lol

SHHHHH...You'll screw up my witness protection program sponsored relocation.

And I picked Cincinnati????   :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnk213

• Paul

• miles-high

• rep1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Knock yourself out. Seems like a waste of time to me.    Think about it. When a company ships a desktop to you from a manufacturer, is it disassembled, or assembled? I have never received one that w

Yeah, most the peripherals use brick low voltage.  When I shut down tonight, I'll pull to see if they are dual voltage, the one I can see is not, so bringing it puts me back to the step-down.  I may b

Every computer I've had always had a dual voltage power supply. The older ones had a small toggle switch on the PS. The newer ones didn't even require that. In fact every piece of electronics I brough

Posted Images

i shipped many pc desktops here,,3 at a time in 1 LBC box,,i simply put a plywood base,,glued wooden struts in 4 corners and sealed with plywood,,well packed and tight,,with whatever soft packing required.

monitors etc went a different box with adequate packing.

i did this several times to help out different people i thought worthy of it and sensible enough to onsell same,,and make a "quid"

When you ship stuff like this of significant value in a balikbayan box through say LBC, isn't the recipient charged significant tax duty before being delivered? 

Edited by TreeFrog
woodchopper
When you ship stuff like this of significant value in a balikbayan box through say LBC, isn't the recipient charged significant tax duty before being delivered? 

i did it several years ago no problem,,i simply labelled it household goods!

whether that scenario has changed,,i do not know,,ask at an lbc outlet maybe? (and,,of course,,they were second hand with little value,,,,, :cool: )

Edited by woodchopper
  • Like 1

When I moved to Mexico , I put my pc in two bags . One with the drive and the other with the screen. Packed clothes around it and Locke the bag. Everything made it.