Sign in to follow this  
Shrek484

Balamban

spydoo

Crad- thanks for updating your review of Sailors.   No grandes you say ?? hopefully that wont cause you too much stress !! 

He's sooo obvious, isn't he?

• Like 1

miles-high

Guenther's place, Stranded Ships Cook is good, but access is difficult.

Open Google Earth, go to the Balamban area, locate his place (shown as a pic site), obtain the coordinates from GE, enter them in your GPS and, voila, you will be there in no time! I have been there a few times, not difficult to find it. I might stop by there first week of Feb as I need to make a day trip to Balamban...

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

This confuses me Roger. I went there several times with Guenther and the only hill I saw was a slight rise in the road of maybe 3 meters.  The restaurant is very close to the main road, the only problem is that the entrance road to go there is not marked [ or at least it wasnt 2 years ago ] . But once you find the road entrance the rest is a piece of cake.  

I would estimate that it is probably around 2 kilometers from the main road, but more important than the distance is the condition of the road. Very little of it is paved and it is quite rough. It is okay if you are using a bike, but tough on a car. Guenther is a great guy, but to me it isn't worth the ride especially when Knights Cafe is right on the main road in Aliwanay right where the road splits to go into Balamban downtown.

miles-high

Very little of it is paved and it is quite rough. It is okay if you are using a bike, but tough on a car.

Hmmm, I have been there 4 or 5 times, usually with a sedan, once with a Toyota Grandia... :D After having practiced driving the Silverado Mountains' (Orange County, CA) 4WD trek… with a sedan (AWD)… no big deal haha :D

miles-high

Well, we went to Balamban today… we were going to see how easy it is to get to that Stranded Ship Cook’s restaurant by car but we decided to take a helicopter instead... and his place doesn’t have a suitable place to land…

We did not follow the Transcentral Highway, we just flew straight line, 15 minutes to Balamban, landed for those "$100 hamburgers", then 15 minutes back to Mactan airport.

1.jpg

Gaisano Gran after takeoff

2.jpg

SM Cebu

3.jpg

Ayala

4.jpg

Those strange blue dome condos

5.jpg

Straight to Balamban

6.jpg

City of Balamban, I can see his place

7.jpg

Transcentral Highway

8.jpg

Toward Liloan, I can see one of the members place

9.jpg

Casanga Bridge

10.jpg

New Bridge

11.jpg

Back to Mactan

12.jpg

A twin engine helicopter, image slightly altered to hide ID

• Like 1

Shrek484

I went there, it was empty, no human presence at all, I walked around, called out and nothing so I left. Was easy to find though but a waste of time finding it!

Gus

I went there, it was empty, no human presence at all, I walked around, called out and nothing so I left. Was easy to find though but a waste of time finding it!

Same experience as me last time i went , .. hope you,ve gone into Toledo and had a decent feed at Caesars , and a chat to a few of the guys there.

Shrek484

not hit Caesars yet, hit the Norwegian place and had crap food and service, very sad. Love the market there in Toledo and rode out past Toledo for about 25km, met some nice people.