pasta fagioli, bigmook style

Enuff

my family has been eating a pot of soup about every 3 days. they freaking love it!

ingredients:

1 whole chicken (about p185)

1 can corn/drained (about p30)

1 can peas/drained about p15)

1 large can diced tomatoes (about p85)

1 can tomato paste (about p30)

3 carrots (about p30)

3 potatoes (about p30)

6 small onions (about p30)

1 head cabbage (about p20)

1/2 cup pasta/any kind, we prefer macaroni (about p15)

1 stallion red horse (about p35)

1 tbsp itailian season

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

salt to taste

total cost is about p500 +/- actual costs, we get vegetables at carbon so out cost is about p400 per pot.

directions:

fill large pot 1/2 with water. put on stove and turn on high, add whole chicken.

in a large bowl put your drained corn & peas, diced tomatoe & tomato paste + all of your chopped vegetables (we start chopping while chicken is boiling).

once chicken is cooked, pull out of pot and place on your cutting board. transfer bowl of vegetables into the pot. rinse bowl and slide the chicken inside, use cutting board to cover while cooling.

let vegetables cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. then add bottle of beer. also add all spices except salt. keep stirring.

start pulling the meat off your chicken, saving only what you want in the soup. add to soup then add pasta.

keep cooking & stirring for another 15 mins. you should have a delicious pot now and taste to see how much salt is needed.

we serve plain in a bowl, sometimes adding a little rice to the bowl. its also delicious with bread and butter.

Kids eat it often and we have a family of 6, it will be gone in 3 days max.

0c41e3325ffb49afaf4ede06c29ab203.jpg

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

sounds good.. nothing like a nice big pot of pasta fa zool

never made it with chicken before though.. we usually use the end of a ham and some smoked hocks

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

pasta fa zool

finally someone spells it as it sounds.  my dago relatives make it with beans and i think that's the traditional style.  it's not one of my favorites tho.  is also don;t like eggplant or ravioli so i'm not the best of wops.

• Like 2
Enuff

i made with chicken cause thats what family loves.

i also do a vegetable beef almost the same way and with pork and some nice dry beans.

bottom line is they love love love my soups.

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

finally someone spells it as it sounds.  my dago relatives make it with beans and i think that's the traditional style.  it's not one of my favorites tho.  is also don;t like eggplant or ravioli so i'm not the best of wops.

you're a good guy to have around when i don't want to share my food.. so you got that going for you

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

bottom line is they love love love my soups.

post-4506-0-77509100-1451614782_thumb.jpg

• Like 2