NYC will fine employers up to $250K for referring to ‘transsexuals’ by their natural gender

Insanity has officially been proven in NYC. I think if I ever visit then I will call everyone, hey there, or yo yo yo. What would we all do if they ever did this in the Philippines. :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  

Failing to use an individual’s preferred name or pronoun, under the new ban, will be considered a violation of New York City Human Rights Law, punishable by fines up to $250,000.  

“Refusal to use a transgender employee’s preferred name, pronoun, or title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) may constitute unlawful gender-based harassment,” the new NYC Pronoun Ban reads.

“Gender is defined as one’s ‘actual or perceived sex and shall also include a person’s gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression,’“ the new ban reads, “‘whether or not that gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression is different from that traditionally associated with the legal sex assigned to that person at birth.’“

Fines may be levied whether the man who wants to be called a woman, or the girl who wants to be called a boy, has legally changed their name or not. MORE

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

this is what they will fill their coffers with when drugs are all made legal in the gender fluid world we live in now days

Sex is in the chromosomes and cannot be changed. XY you are male, YY your are female.

Everyone wants to deny science.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

New York found a way to make Transgenders less desirable to employ.

They need an excuse?

I think instead of having CRs for men and women they need to have CRs for normal men and women and a different bathroom for freaks, perverts and weirdos.

Sex is in the chromosomes and cannot be changed. XY you are male, YY your are female. Everyone wants to deny science.

Sex is in the mind, regardless of genitalia. aversion to transexuals, which i am guilty of to some degree, is also in the mind. science is not god nor infallible.

isn't the US the land of the free?

Edited by sperman

Sex is in the mind, regardless of genitalia. aversion to transexuals, which i am guilty of to some degree, is also in the mind. science is not god nor infallible.

isn't the US the land of the free?

"Land of the free" would allow people freedom of speech to address Transgenders however however one wants.

• Like 1

So you can't have a weapon in NY,  you can't use the N word, you can't have a big gulp, now you gotta be careful how you refer to a   a      a  ?????.  Can I refer to the people in NY as idiots.  At least you can still burn a US flag, that is freedom of speech!      Jester

This is hilarious!!! I got nothin!

That means you get your choice?

Here's the kicker - the boy? who says he's a girl refuses to use a separate locker room / CR - demands to be allowed in with the actual girls so he doesn't feel discriminating against. Of course the real ladies have no say about letting him in.

• Like 2

If a Brit goes to NY and ask a Policeman if its legal to smoke a fag in the street he might be arrested and fined?

Thats a bit harsh.