US Army Scout beaten in Dumaguete dies

Davaoeno

Youngest living Medal of Honor recipient who jumped on a grenade to save fellow marine is arrested for ‘hit-and-run’ 

• The 26-year-old Marine veteran turned himself into police on Thursday
  • He reportedly hit a pedestrian crossing a Columbia, South Carolina street on December 8 and drove off instead of helping the victim
  • President Obama awarded Carpenter the highest military honor for heroically throwing himself on a grenade to protect a fellow Marine

By ASHLEY COLLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 17:14 GMT, 31 December 2015 UPDATED: 04:22 GMT, 1 January 2016

sometimes even good people make mistakes !!!

2FB5668300000578-3380440-image-a-40_1451

Medal of Honor recipient Kyle Carpenter, 26, turned himself into police on Thursday and was charged in connection to a hit-and-run incident. Pictured above in his mugshot

An Afghanistan war hero who was awarded the military's highest honor for his selfless actions protecting a fellow Marine, has been arrested for a hit-and-run incident. 

Veteran Kyle Carpenter turned himself into police on Thursday, in connection to a hit-and-run incident on December 8.

The 26-year-old reportedly struck a pedestrian walking across a crosswalk in Columbia, South Carolina around 8:30pm that evening. 

Police say Carpenter pulled over to the side of the road and turned on his hazards, but did not get out of his car to help the victim and exchange insurance information. 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Irenicus

• Enuff

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several local bar owners and of course their waitresses that I have talked to knew the guy, all say the same thing, he was quiet, polite, and tipped well. However, most anyone can go off on a drunken

That was me when I used to drink. "Instant asshole - Just add alcohol"  I've haven't touched an alcoholic beverage in almost 31 years. I am not preaching against it, just stating that for me and my f

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down

diverdon

Youngest living Medal of Honor recipient who jumped on a grenade to save fellow marine is arrested for ‘hit-and-run’

• The 26-year-old Marine veteran turned himself into police on Thursday
  • He reportedly hit a pedestrian crossing a Columbia, South Carolina street on December 8 and drove off instead of helping the victim
  • President Obama awarded Carpenter the highest military honor for heroically throwing himself on a grenade to protect a fellow Marine
By ASHLEY COLLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 17:14 GMT, 31 December 2015 UPDATED: 04:22 GMT, 1 January 2016

sometimes even good people make mistakes !!!

View comments

2FB5668300000578-3380440-image-a-40_1451

Medal of Honor recipient Kyle Carpenter, 26, turned himself into police on Thursday and was charged in connection to a hit-and-run incident. Pictured above in his mugshot

An Afghanistan war hero who was awarded the military's highest honor for his selfless actions protecting a fellow Marine, has been arrested for a hit-and-run incident. 

Veteran Kyle Carpenter turned himself into police on Thursday, in connection to a hit-and-run incident on December 8.

The 26-year-old reportedly struck a pedestrian walking across a crosswalk in Columbia, South Carolina around 8:30pm that evening. 

Police say Carpenter pulled over to the side of the road and turned on his hazards, but did not get out of his car to help the victim and exchange insurance information. 

And sometimes stupid people keep doing stupid things.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

And sometimes stupid people keep doing stupid things.

while you might consider throwing yourself on a live grenade to save a comrade  as " stupid"    I am unwilling to classify it as such .   Some people are more selfless than others .

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
diverdon

Actually , I think that the guys who try to blame locals when they have no information to go on should be ashamed of themselves.

A foreigner was beaten in Duma and died as a result . That pretty much sums up everything that we know.  Everything else is mere speculation .

Yeah, I hate seeing the locals blamed every time an ET mother ship offloads an alien gang and beats someone to death. The reason locals are blamed are because they did it.

spydoo

Youngest living Medal of Honor recipient who jumped on a grenade to save fellow marine is arrested for ‘hit-and-run’ ...

Do you really think you are pushing the right agenda in this thread? Really? 

• Like 2
diverdon

while you might consider throwing yourself on a live grenade to save a comrade  as " stupid"    I am unwilling to classify it as such .   Some people are more selfless than others .

The noble motive " to save the life of a comrade" is inputed. No one knows what his thought process was. The subsequent behaviour shows that the person is not capable of cogent reasoning under stress. Did this comrad even need saving? Why not just shout grenade and everyone jump away from it?

But, I guess if Obama gave him a medal He must be a hero.

USMC-Retired

Topic is closed,  It has run its course.  Feel free to start other topics to discuss all side issues.  Use quote response to do as such.