US Army Scout beaten in Dumaguete dies

shadow

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down here, sober nice guy In the day, obnoxious foreign drunk at night.

Hmmm, for most of them, I thought it was drunk and obnoxious during the morning and throughout the day, and sleepy time by 8 pm. That was one of the reasons I started coming out mostly at night, fewer of them around.

This is, without a doubt, one of the trashiest bars in Duma. Very old wooden building packed with 300 people upstairs and down, only one staircase and one exit, a death trap waiting to happen.

• Like 6
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Irenicus

• Enuff

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several local bar owners and of course their waitresses that I have talked to knew the guy, all say the same thing, he was quiet, polite, and tipped well. However, most anyone can go off on a drunken

That was me when I used to drink. "Instant asshole - Just add alcohol"  I've haven't touched an alcoholic beverage in almost 31 years. I am not preaching against it, just stating that for me and my f

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down

motorboy

Hmmm, for most of them, I thought it was drunk and obnoxious during the morning and throughout the day, and sleepy time by 8 pm. That was one of the reasons I started coming out mostly at night, fewer of them around.

This is, without a doubt, one of the trashiest bars in Duma. Very old wooden building packed with 300 people upstairs and down, only one staircase and one exit, a death trap waiting to happen.

You forgot the piss all over the restrooms, water always all over the place, poor aircon, the place smells like an armpit.

• Like 1
shadow

You forgot the piss all over the restrooms, water always all over the place, poor aircon, the place smells like an armpit.

I was in there one time several years ago, forgive me my short memory.

I defer to your having much more experience in there!

;)

• Like 4
Irenicus

And the Red Horse fueled 4 am brawls outside. Don't forget those.
  • Like 1
shadow

And the Red Horse fueled 4 am brawls outside. Don't forget those.

Here I was, trying to give a bad review of the place, and you guys come along and remind me of the all the finer features!

Edited by shadow
  • Like 4
RogerDuMond

Lets make sure we don't attack other members.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

That is a sad thing to hear. I wonder is the geniues at the PNP will be able to ge this far, or if this is just another foreginer murder to cover up.

History tells us there is almost no chance of this being handled properly by the PNP and even if they do, then judicial system will finish off any last hope.

• Like 3
shadow

History tells us there is almost no chance of this being handled properly by the PNP and even if they do, then judicial system will finish off any last hope.

Chances are pretty good that those involved will meet the same or similar fate before the next year is out. That's how it works here.

This will upset some pretty fragile egos, the powers that be have been trying for a decade or more to get Duma on the map. This is not going to be good for tourism.

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

Maybe you entered the provincial jail instead of the bar.

Irenicus

Maybe you entered the provincial jail instead of the bar.

That would be me.

The jail is actually rather homey -a lot more laid back than the ones I worked or resided in.

Conjugal visits are always a plus.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Conjugal visits are always a plus.

For you or them.... :db:

• Like 5
smokey

Dumaguete.

I've said it before - there are far better places to live.  Why would anyone travel this far, and then live in a low rent trailer park?

well one lives where one can enjoy and stay within an acceptable cost range.... I don't know what happened but over the years I have found some locals feel hopeless and always in need of funds to feed themselves and family and yet these foreigners show up and enjoy all there is to offer including rock star status with the ladies... seems that could grind a few minds..

• Like 2
smokey

yet many would say ....oh you need to live like the locals ... experience the culture and the booze is cheap .... you can if you desire live like a western party animal for pennies

Sadly a man is dead, there can be no justification for that since there is never a reason to kill another person unless that person is trying to kill you. We do not know the facts, but yet another one of us is dead and I am sooooooo darn tired of reading of so many expat deaths in the Philippines this year. You guys can keep saying it can happen anywhere and you are partially correct, but with so few of us in numbers, it sure as heck does seem that it can happen much more often in places like the Philippines, but especially when one of us does not keep a low profile. You all please be safe!

• Like 4
Skywalker

I have found some locals feel hopeless and always in need of funds to feed themselves and family and yet these foreigners show up and enjoy all there is to offer including rock star status with the ladies

I couldn't have said that any better myself.

When I'm in the poorer areas I always conduct myself with humility and politeness.  Which is obviously hard for me being an ex-rock star and Hollywood actor.

• Like 5