US Army Scout beaten in Dumaguete dies

Skywalker

Dumaguete.

I've said it before - there are far better places to live.  Why would anyone travel this far, and then live in a low rent trailer park?

• Like 5
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Irenicus

• Enuff

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several local bar owners and of course their waitresses that I have talked to knew the guy, all say the same thing, he was quiet, polite, and tipped well. However, most anyone can go off on a drunken

That was me when I used to drink. "Instant asshole - Just add alcohol"  I've haven't touched an alcoholic beverage in almost 31 years. I am not preaching against it, just stating that for me and my f

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down

Personally, I feel it is wrong to poke the victim when he's dead and can't defend himself.  I know we don't know all the facts (we in fact only know he was killed by multiple attackers).  Still, the man is dead and is due respect.  Nothing has come to light which might indicate this guy did ANYTHING to deserve getting killed.  Let's all remember that.

Those of us who have been here a while know the Pulis are far more related to the Key Stone Cops than not.  They are experts at doing nothing and solving no crimes, but by golly, they keep the daily blotter in pretty good shape!  We also know that unless someone is giving them a gentle (and sometimes) not so gentle kick in the ass NOTHING will happen in this case.  Larry, do you know if anyone has stepped up to play the roll of prod the cops?  Does the man have any family to act in his behalf?  These would be good things to know.

• Like 8
Humboldt

Very sad story . Handsome kid , Just maybe he was attracting to much attention

from some crack head gang banger's girlfriend / wife . jealousy enviousness etc..

I have kids about the same age they enjoy visiting me in Cebu They do attract lots of

attention roaming around the area ..

I would rather have them stay in America , to much worry and stress for me .

RIP

• Like 9
jtmwatchbiz

Very sad story . Handsome kid , Just maybe he was attracting to much attention

i'm afraid that is probably the case.  nice good looking young guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 4
contraman

Dumaguete.

I've said it before - there are far better places to live.  Why would anyone travel this far, and then live in a low rent trailer park?

Maybe, it is because many expats can not afford to live elsewhere :idontknow:

• Like 3
shadow

Dumaguete.

The area does have some attractive features, but Dumaguete is not one of them IMO. For those who are not big city lovers, like myself, 15 minutes in any direction from downtown Duma puts you in very nice areas, with clean beaches, gorgeous waterfalls, hiking, swimming, outdoor activities, etc.

Personally, Dumaguete is much too large for my liking, being well over twice the size of any city I have ever lived in. I live in a very clean area (air and otherwise) surrounded by trees, birds, and wildlife, yet 10 minutes away is a quite passable mall in a City that is too large for my liking.

Not everyone is attracted to large, stinky, polluted cities.

• Like 6
Irenicus

Duma rocks.

And whatever the circumstances might be, she just lost one of the best of us.

The Dumagute PNP recovered our stolen motor. I hope they have similar luck with this case.

• Like 3
Alfred E. Neuman

Never happy for such incidents. The ratio of this is increased in murky waters. This can happen to anybody local or foreign.

• Like 4
contraman

Never happy for such incidents. The ratio of this is increased in murky waters. This can happen to anybody local or foreign.

Just think, It could happen to any one of us while living or visiting the PI :idontknow:

• Like 5
colemanlee

Just think, It could happen to any one of us while living or visiting the PI

Naw, they are too scared to mess with old grumpy Apes....

• Like 2
contraman

Naw, they are too scared to mess with old grumpy Apes....

Got to get outta town soon, its getting a bit crowded.

Went out the other night and met 4 people I know

None were from the forum (unless you count Fred's Janice)  :yahoo:

Alfred E. Neuman

It is news cause he's white, but there are probably at least ten more unreported deaths on locals at the same time.

• Like 2
contraman

sober nice guy In the day, obnoxious foreign drunk at night.

Damn

I know many like that

In fact I see one every day

When I look in a mirror :idontknow:

• Like 8
arentol

There seems to be a disturbing trend of young foreign guys who pour out their heart and soul helping people ending up brutally murdered in the Philippines.

Great observation -- you're spot-on.

:rip:

Aren

• Like 1