US Army Scout beaten in Dumaguete dies

shadow

When are they going to drop the title "the city of gentle people"...........it hasn't been that why for a decade now............the city of gentle murderer's and robbies 

:rip:

Ok, how about we call it "one of the world's top places to retire"?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Irenicus

• Enuff

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several local bar owners and of course their waitresses that I have talked to knew the guy, all say the same thing, he was quiet, polite, and tipped well. However, most anyone can go off on a drunken

That was me when I used to drink. "Instant asshole - Just add alcohol"  I've haven't touched an alcoholic beverage in almost 31 years. I am not preaching against it, just stating that for me and my f

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down

greatplace

They do state that............and I don't no why........they leave the juicy stuff out it looks better

im not defending or condemning anyone until we know what really happened

we might not ever know but i have seen many locals put up with many foreigners and visa versa.

i know many American servicemen who love to get drunk and start fights.

before we do the woe is me shit lets wait for the facts or lets paint both sides of the picture.

i have a friends who lives to get beat up. never knows how many it takes but they always more than enough to do the job.

• Like 2
Irenicus

before we do the woe is me shit lets wait for the facts or lets paint both sides of the picture.

Paint both sides of the picture, Mook?  I am not sure where you are going with that.

Not sure if any sort of circumstances can be painted to make what happened palatable.

I only met him twice.  The first time he recognized me from our website.  The second time I got his site, checked out his work and was thoroughly humbled.

He was a great writer, photographer, videographer, educator and philanthropist. 

• Like 4
burnttoast

RIP bro. There seems to be a disturbing trend of young foreign guys who pour out their heart and soul helping people ending up brutally murdered in the Philippines.

• Like 7
Davaoeno

I have no comment on this particular guy but not all that glitters is gold !! 

• Like 7

I have no comment on this particular guy...

... but not all that glitters is gold !! 

so which is it?

• Like 3
bahalina buong

I have no comment on this particular guy but not all that glitters is gold !! 

Posts like this one certainly prove that point!  RIP

• Like 2

My curiosity is getting the better of me, I may go poke around a bit myself.

appreciated, i know you enjoy facts.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

im just stating there is always 2 sides to every story

Three sides actually, his side, their side and then the truth. Too little competent reporting to make a true assessment of which truth. Damn shame and a senseless death either way. I only hope his family and friends find closure and I am sorry for their loss.  

• Like 8

Thanks to those who have posted with actual knowledge of the man. It's good to hear of his admirable deeds and honourable life, and right to respect the dead. 

For those who cast doubts on the character of a recently murdered person, doubts you hold with absolutely no basis, bear in mind you are posting in a public place where their grieving relatives will likely read it. 

Sure their are two sides to every story, but for this killing to be legally (or in my opinion morally) justified the victim would have to have been holding a gun on the perpetrators, or some such similar situation. That's very unlikely. 

He can't defend himself now. RIP. 

• Like 6
jtmwatchbiz

now now,  no one is negatively criticizing the victim and every member here will agree it was a tragic and senseless end to the young man's life.  i see no reason to draw a line in the sand in this thread when some members are just pointing out that there is most definitely more to the story than was reported.  

• Like 6