US Army Scout beaten in Dumaguete dies

shadow

From Hulagway Dumaguete;

US Army Scout beaten outside Zanzibar, Dies

If you have Information, Please Contact PNP Dumaguete

It is with great sadness that I say "Farewell" to a fallen warrior brother, Phil Prins. He expired at Silliman Medical Center this morning, 29 December, 2015 on his birthday.

He was an Army Scout, gulf war veteran and photo-journalist for Foundation University. Phil was murdered by several men outside a downtown Dumaguete bar Christmas.

He was last seen leaving Zanzibar Disco. Authorities are seeking any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderers. Please contact the PNP with any information related to this brutal crime.

*Chiquiting

https://www.facebook.com/teamHUKAD/?ref=br_rs

Phil was active in many causes to the Philippines and it's people. He started a charity to benefit Haiyan victims, namely by collecting more than $6000 to buy school materials and help to start new buildings in Leyte. His list of contributions to this country are too many to list. Here is one of his websites and his Facebook page;

https://philprins.exposure.co/san-roque-elementary

https://www.facebook.com/phil.prins.7

I didn't know Phil, but know several people who did. All say the same thing, he was quiet and level headed, and always helpful. Yet another case of biting the hand that feeds you in the City of Gentle People.

R,I,P.

1914466_1091747227526256_117746312110292

Edited by shadow
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• Irenicus

• Enuff

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several local bar owners and of course their waitresses that I have talked to knew the guy, all say the same thing, he was quiet, polite, and tipped well. However, most anyone can go off on a drunken

That was me when I used to drink. "Instant asshole - Just add alcohol"  I've haven't touched an alcoholic beverage in almost 31 years. I am not preaching against it, just stating that for me and my f

Was told the bouncer was lead guy on this. Right now from what I know he is in jail. Also not hearing the best of things about this guy's behavior when drunk. People tend to have 2 personalities down

:rip:

I am typing this way too often this past year, :( I pray 2016 will see a year of a lot less deaths Philippine related.

• Like 3
Irenicus

Phil Prins was the kind of man we'd all want to be had we the humility, compassion and simple dignity that he possessed. 

RIP.

• Like 8
steve schrader

Amen.

i have heard one of the men who killed him worked at the club.

Amen.

i have heard one of the men who killed him worked at the club.

That is a sad thing to hear. I wonder is the geniues at the PNP will be able to ge this far, or if this is just another foreginer murder to cover up.

+ Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen +

• Like 3
Ozepete

Such a waste of a good mans life and most likely over nothing. RIP

• Like 5
greatplace

When are they going to drop the title "the city of gentle people"...........it hasn't been that why for a decade now............the city of gentle murderer's and robbies 

:rip:

• Like 2