RIP Meadowlark!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

R.I.P.

i never met Meadowlark.. but wow the globetrotters  their history is so interesting and amazing .. as much as their talent for basketball and for entertaining others

i do know one of his teammates of many years .. the man who took over the mantle of clown prince of basketball when meadowlark retired Geese Ausbie, though i haven't spoken with him in a while 

it would be hard for just about anyone to pull themselves away from listening to the stories harlem globetrotters could tell.. especially from that era 

• Like 1
Mandingo

Growing up the Globetrotters coming to town was a big event, one we always looked forward to and they never failed to entertain us.

R.I.P. and thank you for the memories.

• Like 1
Skywalker

The clown from the Harlem Globetrotters.

post-12091-0-18007400-1451358694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skywalker
SkyMan

Bloody amazing to me.  Not a mention on www.nba.com

:rip: he and the others were so enjoyable to watch.    

Headshot

Bloody amazing to me.  Not a mention on www.nba.com

The Harlem Globetrotters were never an NBA team. They were entertainers.

SkyMan

The Harlem Globetrotters were never an NBA team. They were entertainers.

True but in most of the Globe Trotter documentaries I've seen they mention that there might not be an NBA today if the Globe Trotter's hadn't entertained and kept people interested in Basketball during some lean years.  Perhaps the NBA doesn't want to own up to that now.

• Like 2