Sign in to follow this  
mactanfamily

A Cebu legend JOHN BRECKENRIDGE died Christmas Eve.

mactanfamily

John Breckenridge AKA "Kentucky John" or "Guam John" died Christmas eve in a motorcycle accident traveling from Angeles to Subic bay.

John was a local legend in Cebu during the 80's and 90's and at one time owned the Kentucky Bar around the corner from the Silver Dollar. He once told me he won it in a bet. He enjoyed the lifestyle in Cebu but was checking off a full list of countries around the world. He had recently visited North Korea and Bhutan. He did not have many to go. John owned a few houses on Guam near the Navy base and would rent them out to officers. I once went to a huge bash at one house that had 4 Submariners renting. He was well liked out there and will be missed all over the world. 

RIP buddy....Ill miss you.

PS

A few years ago I mentioned in a couple posts how I had lost at least 12-15 friends in the Philippines since the 90's on bikes. I put 2 more on that list in the last 3 weeks. For the people that want to argue and say how they are different, they dont drink, this and that. For gods sake DO NOT ride a frickin bike in the Philippines. You can add another 20 to that list that were near deaths myself included. If you ride a bike in the PI you are eventually a dead man.  

Here is a TV Patrol story on the accident. I do not have full details, as I do not understand Tagaolg. The video shows another American doing CPR and Rescue breaths as well as complaining about the time it takes for the ambulance to arrive. it is right a the beginning of the broadcast.

It's fairly graphic and if you knew John, I urge you to consider deeply if you want to watch. At least he did not suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7LxTuN-CqM

• Like 5

SkyMan

RIP

easy44

I only talked to him a couple of times at Drifters but he was a real character with lots of stories to tell. RIP

• Like 1

ozboy

I always was against riding a bike over there...hell it was bad enough driving and wearing the blame, even if not your fault...taxis or hire are the next best option....but it's your personal choice...

RIP.....

woodchopper

this will be a big shock to many. Santa Claus ray was a friend he met also,,Ray is an avid traveller,,150 countries and N Korea also.

R.I.P.

woodchopper

i believe i am reliably informed that John suffered a heart attack whilst riding.(minimal injury and damage etc)

Again,,,,,,,,,,,,,R.I.P.

broden

R.I.P.

Lordblacknail

R.I.P.

battleborn

R.I.P.