American found dead inside house in Pangasinan

cvgtpc1

I agree thePhilippines can be a wonderful place to live. And it can be a living hell.

And that's the rub about the place, have said the same thing along those lines many times myself.

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soarking

• Vulle Vuojas

• shadow

• Lee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, you missed it. You see, in the eyes of many Filipinos ALL foreigners are bad. When politician's promises fall well short of the mark, who do they frequently blame? Foreigners, of course. We'r

A Guy really needs a exit plan here .. not just a ticket back to their  home country ,but a game plan once you return Family , Job , place to live etc. to many Guys are all in , no chips for a new ga

Maybe some Americans dislike some from other groups but not many Americans that I have met do. as I wrote, most Americans like everyone and especially since the US is a melting pot, but illegal Mexica

It's very obvious he killed himself....he was a a bad foreigner and that's what bad foreigners do....disregard the choke marks on his neck or bullet wounds on his head.  He was a very bad foreigner and should be dead.  Cremation, the sooner the better.   /sarcasm   and of course RIP.  Hope it wasn't our previous poster who had his own unique system for adjusting here.

I must have missed it,  but why was he a bad foreigner  ?

Philstar

American commits suicide

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2015/12/27/1536459/american-commits-suicide

SAN CARLOS CITY, Pangasinan, Philippines – An American man allegedly committed suicide in his house in Barangay Bacnar here.

The body of Clay Adam Doucette, 37, a native of Harris Bay town in Texas, was found hanging in the garage with a water hose looped around his neck at 7 a.m. yesterday, Superintendent Charlie Umayam, police chief here, told The STAR.

Umayam said initial investigation showed Doucette had an argument with his wife, Donna Rose Fernandez, prior to the incident. Doucette reportedly asked his wife to leave their house.

Soarking

Find her brothers.

I doubt the brothers would go through the trouble of trying to stage a hanging with a garden hose. More likely he would have just disappeared or been found dead when the wife away with a staged break in.

Edited by Soarking
Vulle Vuojas

Yes, you missed it. You see, in the eyes of many Filipinos ALL foreigners are bad. When politician's promises fall well short of the mark, who do they frequently blame? Foreigners, of course. We're the perfect scapegoat! We have no vote, very little if any voice in local politics and the country's natural tendency towards xenophobia makes it all the more believable. The same can be said for the press.

Need an example? When the Marine was accused of killing the Ladyboy the media was screaming for his head. A little over a year earlier, a Marine was killed in cold blood and the entire event caught on security cameras. There was no doubt the 4 Filipinos were guilty. The media dropped the story very early and when the 4 men were given a walk, the story was buried or not covered at all. On top of that, even though a capital murder case is not a bailable offense here, the four were given bail so quickly they never spent a night in jail!

A comment to your first paragragh...   In my country many foreigners are looked down at, surely the same in USA..... or you welome all the Mexicans?   Why would a foreigner have voting wright in a foreign country? Goes beyond my understanding....

My oinion is that we as foriegners have no writght to involve in local politics. Simple.

• Like 1

A comment to your first paragragh...   In my country many foreigners are looked down at, surely the same in USA..... or you welome all the Mexicans?   Why would a foreigner have voting wright in a foreign country? Goes beyond my understanding....

My oinion is that we as foriegners have no writght to involve in local politics. Simple.

In the US legal foreigners are given all rights that citizens have and once they become citizens after 3 plus years, then they can vote as well. Legal Mexicans are welcome, as are legal people from all countries. In the US no one is looked down on and people are treated as they treat others, since much of the US is a melting pot made up of people from other countries. I wish the Philippines treated us as good as the US treats Philippine citizens when they have arrived in the US legally.

• Like 6
batman2525
Sounds like the guy pulled a Robin Williams. This time of year can be real depressing..that along having an argument with your partner and being so far away from home for +2 years. It all adds up. Sometimes people just don't know where to turn and look to the wrong solution. 

Sounds like you have it all figured out.....sure am glad your not the person in charge of  the investigation.

• Like 1
Vulle Vuojas

In the US legal foreigners are given all rights that citizens have and once they become citizens after 3 plus years, then they can vote as well. Legal Mexicans are welcome, as are legal people from all countries. In the US no one is looked down on and people are treated as they treat others, since much of the US is a melting pot made up of people from other countries. I wish the Philippines treated us as good as the US treats Philippine citizens when they have arrived in the US legally.

Mr Lee, I know from reading many posts from you that you are a respectful, good man.

But, I can't from reading here and elsewhere say I agree with you what You said in the sentence I've highlighted..... 

Americans hates Mexicans and Afro-Americans....  not the same here.... but we have difficulties with Assyrians/muslims and the likes....

On top of that, even though a capital murder case is not a bailable offense here, the four were given bail so quickly they never spent a night in jail!

They were jailed for 3 months, from Nov 26, 2012 (2 days after the killing) till Feb 21st, 2013. They got bail because the judge didn't feel the evidence supported the charge of Murder.

• Like 1
rainymike

One of the reasons I really dislike the holiday season. There are a lot of pressures on all of us to be of good cheer and all. If you're having a down time, the season can push you even further down.

I don't know this guy and I don't know his motivations. But looks like he reached a point where he just couldn't take it anymore which was probably magnified by the holiday season. Hope he ends up in a better place.

I have no clue what the debate about people hating foreigners is all about. Give it a break guys. Us expats all need to be careful, being so far away from home and in a strange land. Doesn't take a whole lot for your world to get turned upside down. Hopefully, we'll have the strength to weather the storm. Doesn't help to magnify our vulnerabilities with our personal paranoias.

RIP dude, you gave it a try, and there's no shame in that.

• Like 3
Vulle Vuojas

I have no clue what the debate about people hating foreigners is all about. Give it a break guys.
Yes, Thank You, but I am part of it....  Apologize!

I have lived in many different countries and are mostly open minded but can't explain what happened here. Sorry!

Mr Lee, I know from reading many posts from you that you are a respectful, good man.

But, I can't from reading here and elsewhere say I agree with you what You said in the sentence I've highlighted..... 

Americans hates Mexicans and Afro-Americans....  not the same here.... but we have difficulties with Assyrians/muslims and the likes....

Maybe some Americans dislike some from other groups but not many Americans that I have met do. as I wrote, most Americans like everyone and especially since the US is a melting pot, but illegal Mexicans are not liked because they broke into our country and on top of that demand rights and benefits, not because they are Mexicans, and when it comes to Blacks, some from that race do not like white people either but I have found that most people of all races get what they give, I get along with all races because I grew up and worked with all races. 

• Like 6
rainymike

Yes, Thank You, but I am part of it....  Apologize! I have lived in many different countries and are mostly open minded but can't explain what happened here. Sorry!

Sorry, I wasn't criticizing anyone in particular. I was just making a general comment. I just felt sorry for the guy, especially if he did commit suicide. Life in the Phils has been good to me so far, but I know that could change in a minute. Life is not so forgiving in this country. Very easy to get caught up in all the nice things and not be prepared for the downside.

• Like 2