Silly American, he did not know lending means giving

rainymike

My solution: let the partner handle the budget for loans.

My partner loaned 10K pesos to a tutor who said she needed GALL BLADDER surgery (she even visited us and I explained to her about laparoscopy instead of the scalpel. The story began to fall apart at a Christmas party at the school. Several other moms were angry at the tutor - turned out they had also loaned her 10-20K. The tutor said she really really needed the KIDNEY surgery - at which point my partner went ballistic. Talk about a pack of wild dogs tearing into the tutor ... the principal of the tutorial school was called in ... and all hell broke loose.

The tutor was required to deduct from her salary to each and every parent. Of course, my partner was the biggest and meanest dog in the pack and got paid first and had already gotten the money back by badgering the tutor.

Keep in mind this was Christmas time, and all the moms were coming up a tad short on Christmas presents. Don't know where some people get the idea that pinays are these quiet, docile, forgiving, creatures ... lol.

• Like 3
Skywalker

Poor chap.  This is an oft occurring theme.  Not sure of the relevance of posting that the guy is an American since this is more generally applicable to Foreigners being taken advantage of.

Not much of a festive season for him, but think about the hundreds of other foreigners who have learned this lesson the hard way.

I think we probably all know of someone who has been overly generous, only to discover that the story they've been fed has been just another cry for cash.

• Like 2

Is he a member here?

If not he would fit in well :yahoo:

You reckon ?   :yahoo:

Same old story but different name.... :unknw:

cvgtpc1

Don't know where some people get the idea that pinays are these quiet, docile, forgiving, creatures ... lol.

Are those the people that have never met a filipina?  lol

Being married to the alpha female of her family is a good position lol

• Like 5
smokey

Poor chap.  This is an oft occurring theme.  Not sure of the relevance of posting that the guy is an American since this is more generally applicable to Foreigners being taken advantage of.

Not much of a festive season for him, but think about the hundreds of other foreigners who have learned this lesson the hard way.

I think we probably all know of someone who has been overly generous, only to discover that the story they've been fed has been just another cry for cash.

he probably read all that crap about the perfect women and family values and loyalty 

• Like 2

Just exactly how could she be much of a caretaker if she was so sickly?

What you want to bet he is contacted by a 'relative' of the lady who claims she was so ashamed over the bogus

charges, she killed herself?

He should drop the charges, and also send 50000 php so they can bury her.

FWIW, I've made over 270 small loans via Kiva.org to ladies in SE Asia. SOME ladies do know what an actual loan is

Only a few have defaulted, or been late, and the default/late percentage at Kiva for SE Asian females, is much lower than

other groups.

I was stunned, also. :)

Me too! "Stunned like a Mullet"

Vulle Vuojas

Silly? Me, I see it's sad he goes this way...

Hell, he must have met some foreigners that could have advised him?