Christmas Eve Shooting at SM Clark

At approximately 3:20 PM on December 24 an unknown gun man was shot in the parking lot adjacent to the front entrance at SM Clark. 

Police arrived quickly to subdue the man.  

Panic rushed throughout the mall and people began running for exits and trampling each other. No other details have emerged but the mall and its shops is back open. 

More as it comes in.

Merry Xmas.

It's more fun in the Philippines....

I was there at the time and saw a little of the aftermath - not much to report really but I'll post a little.

As I was leaving the supermarket, to go back into the main mall, a few dozen people came running into the supermarket.

I figured something was up, so I exited the supermarket side entrance into the car park.

I had to walk around the perimeter of Mall as my apartment is only walking distance from SM Clark.

As I came around the main entrance (walking casually with nobody directing me other wise), I see the main entrance is closed and a several cops (in green uniform) standing around a moaning body on the ground.

Some staff from inside the Mall were outside looking and I asked what's up - they said snatcher got shot.

The dude shot on the ground was moaning on and off and I could see some blood - closest I got as I walked past was about 20 meters.

The cops in green uniform (Clark base military) were standing over him, there was no first aid being applied.

If he was a snatcher, he's paid a high price - even if he doesn't bleed out in the car park.

The chief of security at our subdivision was shot 7 times in our clubhouse last Saturday, by 2 civilian guards he had just sacked. Needless to say he died instantly. I was in the clubhouse moments before it happened. The perpetrators are well known in the locality and, although a warrant for their arrest has been issued, they have been seen riding around as nothing has happened. 

No-where is really that safe here.  

• Like 1

Cop in motorcycle theft shot dead in Pampanga mall parking lot

CLARK FREEPORT—A policeman suspected of stealing a motorcycle died in a shoot-out with personnel of the Clark Development Corp. (CDC) and security guards at a parking lot of a shopping mall here on Thursday, a report from the Central Luzon regional police showed.

PO1 Joman Batul, a member of the Provincial Public Safety Command in Oriental Mindoro, died from three bullet wounds in the head, Supt. Sydney Villaflor, Angeles City police chief, said in a report to Chief Supt. Rudy Lacadin, regional police director.

Batul, 28, died at the Ospital ning Angeles.

The report said Batul allegedly stole a motorcycle parked in front of a Jollibee branch across the SM City Clark at 3:40 p.m.

When CDC policemen saw Batul, he ran toward the mall’s parking lot where the shoot-out ensued.

Jake Machinal, a member of the CDC police, said Batul introduced himself as a policeman when he confronted him.

“I was about to arrest him but he fired at me. Then, the mall guards started exchanging gunfire with him,” Machinal said.

Batul, a resident of Caloocan City, was not in uniform during the incident, Villaflor said when reached by telephone.

Villaflor also denied reports that a stampede occurred inside the mall.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/749958/cop-in-motorcycle-theft-shot-dead-in-pampanga-mall-parking-lot

• Like 1

Cops and Robbers/Cops.

The dude I saw was outside the main entrance, but totally in the car park - the last part of the car park, walk across the road and you'd be at the entrance.

Seems like maybe the shots outside caused panic inside.

What I saw inside was similar to the videos ..people running a bit, but not like a stampede.

Crooked cops are the worst kind of thug on the streets.

• Like 1

No-where is really that safe here.

They just need bulletproof vests. How come they can afford guns but not protection?

They just need bulletproof vests. How come they can afford guns but not protection?

Actually I meant us, and I don't think we will be wearing bullet proof vests.

The guy that got killed took 4 shots to the head at point blank range.