Sign in to follow this  
Pman

Best beaches in the Philippines?

cebulover2000

Boracay has the nicest white sand beach hands down, very long stretech with fine white sand, you can walk into the Ocean for fifty to hundred meters or more at many points without being a swimmer with many sand banks. The beach is public and wide, no restrictions or hotel only. (aside from ShangiLa  on one end but that's far beyond Station 1 and the beach there has too many crushed sea shells).

We just came back from Boracay and YES, it is very overcrowded, especially in Station 2 but when you avoid Station 2, you can still find quiet areas in Station 1 and 3. Too much traffic on the road? Yes for sure. Accomodation expensive? Yes, but you can still find plenty of available rooms at any times, even below 1,000 pesos. Food expensive? Yes, but many fast food restaurants and local eateries too. Just yesterday I had an excellent and good sized club sandwich for 45 pesos near Station 2. Beer expensive? No, 5 plus 1 local beers plentyful and below 300 pesos. Massages are 350 pesos/hour with discount during happy hour. A few girls asked if I want special massage and I refered them to my wife walking 10 m ahead of me. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Hy H

Port Barton, Palawan

Mike, can not see your pictures.  Do these from look familiar, took these o`bout 8 year ago. 

Traveling alone so it was local a/c MyBus from Puerto to Barton. They call it the RED ROCKET for some reason. R...BUCKET more fitting to it`s performance.

post-7853-0-70462700-1450940007_thumb.jpg

Buerto Beach

post-7853-0-43177300-1450940050_thumb.jpg

post-7853-0-63561700-1450940090_thumb.jpg

post-7853-0-25164600-1450940133_thumb.jpg

Hired a banca to visit one of the outer islands.

post-7853-0-42453600-1450940179_thumb.jpg

Hired same private banca to take me alone to El Nido from Barton. Great scenery along the way.

ElNido township beach front does not look too bad either. 

post-7853-0-01834300-1450940221_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

billy

Boracay has the nicest white sand beach hands down, very long stretech with fine white sand, you can walk into the Ocean for fifty to hundred meters or more at many points without being a swimmer with many sand banks. The beach is public and wide, no restrictions or hotel only. (aside from ShangiLa  on one end but that's far beyond Station 1 and the beach there has too many crushed sea shells).

We just came back from Boracay and YES, it is very overcrowded, especially in Station 2 but when you avoid Station 2, you can still find quiet areas in Station 1 and 3. Too much traffic on the road? Yes for sure. Accomodation expensive? Yes, but you can still find plenty of available rooms at any times, even below 1,000 pesos. Food expensive? Yes, but many fast food restaurants and local eateries too. Just yesterday I had an excellent and good sized club sandwich for 45 pesos near Station 2. Beer expensive? No, 5 plus 1 local beers plentyful and below 300 pesos. Massages are 350 pesos/hour with discount during happy hour. A few girls asked if I want special massage and I refered them to my wife walking 10 m ahead of me. :yahoo:

Any recomendation on where to stay? 1000 -1800 per night?

mikewright

Mike, can not see your pictures. Do these from look familiar, took these o`bout 8 year ago. Traveling alone so it was local a/c MyBus from Puerto to Barton. They call it the RED ROCKET for some reason. R...BUCKET more fitting to it`s performance.

Bingo!  The Red Rocket in its prime:

post-1421-0-19919100-1450961567_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the pics, just learning how to upload.

Port Barton:

post-1421-0-90363400-1450961877_thumb.jpg

post-1421-0-64361200-1450961699_thumb.jpg

post-1421-0-24567200-1450961920_thumb.jpg

post-1421-0-69220100-1450961941_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 4

Hy H

Bingo!  The Red Rocket in its prime:

attachicon.gif400434318_e1302f6ecd_z.jpg

Sorry about the pics, just learning how to upload.

Port Barton:

attachicon.gif400584204_d3a61b9e29_z.jpg

I just love those Palm fringed beaches.  And the Rocket looks little different, had a facelift?  Thanks for sharing and yes it is not too hard to get photos delivered for others to enjoy. 

• Like 1

mikewright

My all-time favourite beach in the Philippines, so far - on Linapacan Island.

The beach - not much to look at:

post-1421-0-36599800-1450969280_thumb.jpg

But the little store on the beach does a good meal for 105 pesos, whole fish plus beer and rice:

post-1421-0-47590600-1450969236_thumb.jpg

And the snorkelling off the beach is excellent:

post-1421-0-70855200-1450969308_thumb.jpg

Look at those fish!

post-1421-0-76120900-1450969169_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

perrya

From what I gather, the best beaches on Cebu are in and around Lambug Beach with white sand and similar ones around Moalboal. But, there are some nice ones on Mactan and Dalaguete.

ucello

Thanks everyone for the photos & advice. These places seem to align with my lifestyle - beautiful natural settings, down to Earth, humble simple living. I'm looking forward to one day setting foot on these sands :)

Edited by ucello
  • Like 1

cebulover2000

Any recomendation on where to stay? 1000 -1800 per night?

I recommend staying at Alice in Wonderland at this price. You have to book personally since the Internet rates are more. There were signs from them everywhere that the nightly charge is 800 pesos plus 12 % tax inc. aircon for 2.

There are so many places to stay, no need to make an advance booking.

Hy H
Just returned from Malapascua Island. 

Never ventured into Bounty Beach area so no update on beach condition from there but here fotos   from other beaches around the northern end of island , they  look pretty nice too.
Getting in and out of the island is getting pita due new split transportation points on mainland in Maya. Definitely, imho, no good for repeat visitor numbers.

post-7853-0-06230700-1451394583_thumb.jpgpost-7853-0-51751400-1451394585_thumb.jpgpost-7853-0-89468200-1451394616_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

ProudPinay

So far, in the Philippines.... under develop, not quite in the map yet as far as beach with resort offering top amenities. Bicol is my second home so the LOVE starts here..... :dance2:

Bicol region: 

Caramoan

Subic Beach, Sorsogon

Marilima Beach, Virac Catanduanes

If you have time this pinay blogger have been to many and featured the beaches I thought not only  great beaches  but can be compared to beaches abroad....Link below: 

http://www.thepinaysolobackpacker.com/travel-guide-subic-beach-tikling-island-matnog/

• Like 5

goggleye

Pundaquit Beach, Zambales, also Botolan Beach, Zambales. The beach in Botolan has miles of nothing on it. If you want solitude its great.

The attached picture is of Nagsasa Cove at Pundaquit.

agree 100%    last two times I was in the Phils - Christmas vacation 2015 and July 2015 we stayed at the Rama Beach resort  just south of Botolan, Zambales.  No crowds - nice shopping a 17 peso jeep ride away in Iba.   We will go back again in June.   Loved the beaches in La Union and Pagudpud too.

b

• Like 2

JohnD

Just went to Camotes a few weeks ago and stayed at Santiago Bay Garden and resort it was quite nice the beach on Santiago with good food and cheap beer, 35 pesos for a San Miguel Light but I did much prefer another beach closeby called Bakhaw for swimming.

Santiago Bay on Camotes is ranked the #2 best public beach in Cebu.

• Like 2

Earl

Getting in and out of the island is getting pita due new split transportation points on mainland in Maya. Definitely, imho, no good for repeat visitor numbers.

Nice pictures Hy. What is this sentence saying exactly? I’m a little out of the loop. Been thinking of visiting there.