New Zealander nabbed after he failed to pay his bill

bahalina buong

Yeah, something doesn't sound right.  I always have to pay upfront for rooms, unless there is a credit card involved.  Maybe his card was bad. 

But at least the "management officer" was able to detain him until police arrived.  Probably had some help from the "reservation technician" and "custodial engineers".

oztony

How is it that he didn't have to pay in advance like I do ?

Because is not a lone gunman..  :)

• Like 2

May the LADY BOY DESK CLERK THOUGHT HE WAS CUTE AND YOU DID NOT TURN HIMSHE!!!! OVER

I usually have to pay in advance but last Christmas on a trip to daanbantayan we stayed at skips and paid when leaving

Buko Beach

I wonder if he already paid his accommodation and the additional bill was for food/drinks etc.?? 

would be pretty easy to spend PHP20,000 pesos eating three meals a day with drinks and snacks during the course of 15 days.

Even easier if he wasn't alone.

Go back and read the article again. It states "A NEW Zealand national arrived in Cebu City last Dec. 5 and checked in a pension house on Juana Osmeña St. He told management he would pay for his accommodation and food. The NS Royal Pension, however, did not receive any payment from Sean Terry Bullock-Bain, 34, for the 15 days he stayed and ate there".

He didn't pay for the room, or the food and drinks.

NS Royal Pensione standard room rate 1312.50 php x 15 nights = total 19687.50 php

Subtract the reported amount owed to NS Royal Pensione by the guest - 20040 php

You get a difference of... 352.50 php

NS Pensione also runs a promo, they offer a 20% discount off the rack rate if you book direct with them vs with an online discounter like Agoda, so if STBB received the discount, he used up a heck of a lot more than 352.50 php in food and drinks.

Anyways if the guy didn't pay and was trying to scam or commit some kind of fraud to get out of paying his bill, he should be tossed into jail until he pays. Add on 1000php a day for a penalty, and if he still refuses to pay after the first week of him sitting in jail increase it to 5000php a day for another week and see what happens.

If he still refuses to pay dress him up in bright pink overalls and get him to break rocks with a sledge to make gravel all day under the hot sun. Place him and the credit/debit card hacker squad they caught and any other bozo foreigners who come to Cebu to commit fraud, over on Lapu-Lapu Airport Road so all the newbie foreigners who are getting off the plane can see what could happen to them if they come here to commit crime.

Ohh I'm guessing 6 months breaking rocks under the hot sun with a sledge along with a permanent lifetime blacklist banned from ever entering the Philippines followed with deportation back home will greatly reduce the numbers of idiots who come to the Philippines to commit crime and cause trouble. At least that's my feeling, personally I'm sick and tired reading every few days about foreigners coming to the Philippines to commit crimes because it reflects poorly on all of us.

• Like 4

Go back and read the article again. It states "A NEW Zealand national arrived in Cebu City last Dec. 5 and checked in a pension house on Juana Osmeña St. He told management he would pay for his accommodation and food. The NS Royal Pension, however, did not receive any payment from Sean Terry Bullock-Bain, 34, for the 15 days he stayed and ate there".

Before you go launching into me.... The opening post, being post number 1 of this thread says:

A 26-year-old man from New Zealand landed in jail after he failed to pay his bill amounting to P20,040 to a pension house Sunday night.

Sean Terry Bullock-Bain will be facing a charge of estafa.

It was actually me who posted the PhilSun online article that describes the guy as being 34, not 26 as stated in the original post. 

It was the PhilSun online article that I posted said the guy was being held for accommodation and food. The OP article said nothing of this.

Just so that we are clear. I did actually read the OP in Post number 1.

Which is why I asked the question. 

Thanks.

Edited by JayT
  • Like 1

Ohh I'm guessing 6 months breaking rocks under the hot sun with a sledge along with a permanent lifetime blacklist banned from ever entering the Philippines followed with deportation back home will greatly reduce the numbers of idiots who come to the Philippines to commit crime and cause trouble. At least that's my feeling, personally I'm sick and tired reading every few days about foreigners coming to the Philippines to commit crimes because it reflects poorly on all of us.

Surely foreigners who visit the Philippines with the intention to commit crimes are in the minority.

Although I agree it is not a good look and is a bad reflection but my own view is that most locals don't have a high opinion of foreigners generally anyway; at least until they get to know you and make their own minds up about you.

There are bad and good people everywhere. Just saying.

Edited by JayT
I don't see how. They are some BIG boys. Filipinos, by comparison, would be tiny things. Hell, the Maori fellas I met while in New Zealand, made ME look small.

Facial features......There are many peoples around the world that have this ''Asian'' look........Not talking about size...The other day i was talking to a girl we met, who we swore could be a Filipina....To our surprise she was an Afghan....She came from a peoples living in the borders between Pakistan, Afghan and the Hindu Kush Mountain Range/Himalayas.. Only around 10% of the population and Mongolian Ancestry......not sure what she said their ethnic name was....  These similar looking and often culturally similar people are found all over the world co-existing with totally different featured local minorities.

and back to my observation, i agree the wife appears small, but not all Maori People are huge, just the ones that we tend to see regularly where their size is a stand out, same as most Islander nations....that was the surprise as he seems to have very little else to connect him being in the Philippines and in trouble...... :ontopic:

OK....He does have a connection...

QUOTE ''The view from our room.. After a 14 hour monsoon... Fireworks display n a few Beers and some 15yrs aged Rum... before going to Cebu after a thriller in Manila..''

Happy days. One step closer for UTUtm Rum. Spent yesterday talking to Don Sarao, President of Negros Agricultural Foundation University Farm. Organizing organic fruit for flavoured rums. 7 options confirmed...

..........................................................................still not enough proof he was here for any illegitimate reason...

Edited by ozboy
  • Like 1