New Zealander nabbed after he failed to pay his bill

Why the heck would anyone try to do that? 

A 26-year-old man from New Zealand landed in jail after he failed to pay his bill amounting to P20,040 to a pension house Sunday night.

Sean Terry Bullock-Bain will be facing a charge of estafa.

Nino Adrian Ting Dizon, management officer of NS Pension House, on Juana Osmeña Ext. in Cebu City asked the tourist to pay his bill but Bain refused.

Dizon called the Fuente police station.

PO2 Ulysses Reales responded and assisted the manager in making a citizen’s arrest.

The foreigner was taken to the Fuente police station where he remains detained until charges are filed.

Link 

• Like 1

Sean Terry Bullock-Bain will be facing a charge of estafa.

It appears that ol' Sean is in deep doo-doo.

• Like 3

Seems he actually lives in Sydney and does'nt appear to have much connection with the Phiiippines, although his missus could be...but many NZ  ''Maouri'' people can pass as being filipino..

'

Edited by ozboy

Seems he actually lives in Sydney and does'nt appear to have much connection with the Phiiippines, although his missus could be...but many NZ  ''Maouri'' people can pass as being filipino..

'

I don't see how. They are some BIG boys. Filipinos, by comparison, would be tiny things. Hell, the Maori fellas I met while in New Zealand, made ME look small.

• Like 2

I wonder how a 26 yr old could squander away his savings so quick?

He must have fallen in love with jolibee

• Like 7
contraman

Most 26 year olds that I know would not have any savings to squander  :idontknow:

• Like 8
jtmwatchbiz

Why the heck would anyone try to do that?

my guess is heavy substance abuse.

• Like 2
to_dave007

He bought a plane ticket to Cebu.  That's how.

• Like 2
the.lone.gunman

How is it that he didn't have to pay in advance like I do ?

• Like 1
woodchopper

it be interesting how many nights he stayed?

i see it now,,,15 days

Edited by woodchopper
colemanlee

How is it that he didn't have to pay in advance like I do ?

Though I havent thought of it, as the wife usually handles all that for me...we rarely pay till check out...I think the exception to that is when staying at the Orchid Inn in AC we usually pay ten or twenty percent down...

I wonder if he already paid his accommodation and the additional bill was for food/drinks etc.?? 

would be pretty easy to spend PHP20,000 pesos eating three meals a day with drinks and snacks during the course of 15 days.

Even easier if he wasn't alone.

Edited by JayT
SkyMan

Probably figured he'd just come here and get a job.

Something doesn't sound right, why no formal charges? the report clearly states  "Nagduha-duha pa sila ba (They’re having second thoughts),” he said. Catalan reminded the Dizons that they can only hold Bullock-Bain in the station for up to 72 hours.

If no case is filed against him in court, police will have to release him or else they can be held liable for illegal detention."

If I ran a pension House and someone failed to pay I would press charges immediately, not wait over 24 hours.

• Like 1