California cop shoots unarmed drunk driver 'by accident'

To the point of fabricating lies  ?

Yes, some will and some won't, as I said you can see it right here on the forum, where some will defend Muslims with their supposed facts while refusing to believe anyone else's supposed facts and the same happens with those from different countries, it is just the way things are, people tend to believe one of their own and also refuse to believe any news that they deem does not present facts, why, because their ilk has told them the other news is not factual even to the point of refusing to watch it themselves to see for themselves. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jester

• AussieLex

• Paul

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another day at the office for "out of control" American law enforcement.  He "forgot" he shot a man in the neck and provided no first aid at all.  Should be charged with attempted murder.  Just m

What a load of shit.   What was his finger doing on the trigger then? I've never heard of any academy   that doesn't teach officers to keep their finger off the trigger and indexed along the frame u

i don't think this has anything to do with feeling sorry for the guy or the girl for that matter.. or not   it has more to do with the cop and in a broader sense law enforcement over all   people

Posted Images

To the point of fabricating lies  ?

When I fabricate mistruths to support or defend any of my pre concieved ideas or CMA.  I am simply following the lead of my elected officials who have shown me by example time and time again that it is the honorable and right way.   Jester

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

http://fox40.com/2015/12/20/man-accidentally-shot-by-police-officer-in-paradise-dies/

A speeding car rolls over in the darkness ahead. Office Patrick Feaster of the Paradise Police Department has been chasing it on suspicion of drunken driving. Within seconds he's there.

And he shoots.

"I've got an unresponsive female ... I've got a male refusing to get out," he says into his police radio after Andrew Thomas, the man Feaster shot, drops back into the car.

Feaster will wait 11 minutes before he tells any of the other responding officers, including his supervisor, that he fired his weapon.

This incident happened Thanksgiving morning. Not long after, demonstrators began calling for Feaster's arrest and the recall of Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey, the man who refused to prosecute the Paradise police officer.

"I want to see him go to trial. Let it be trial by judge or trial by jury. Why can't they decide if there's something right or wrong?" said one protester Sunday, holding signs in the rain at the scene of the shooting.

Andrew Thomas has a long record of running from arrest. Police say his blood alcohol content was .15, nearly double the legal limit.

His girlfriend, Darien Ehorn, was in the car with him, but was thrown out. She died at the feet of Feaster as he looked for the shell casing from the shot he fired.

But Thomas, who was shot in the neck, doesn't die. Not right away.

“The officers can call it accidental discharge. I’ve been calling it negligent discharge. That gun didn't go off without the trigger being actuated," said Ramsey in an interview last week.

Ramsey was explaining why he hadn't sought charges against Officer Feaster.

He says he's convinced the shooting was accidental, even negligent. But California law, he says, doesn't make it a crime for a police officer to shoot someone by mistake.

Still, Ramsey said things would have been different if Thomas died.

"A different set of laws come in, if Mr. Thomas was killed. Thankfully he wasn't. Now we're talking the law of manslaughter, in which negligence is an issue," District Attorney Ramsey said.

For nearly a month after the incident Thomas does cling to life, as doctors work on two shattered vertebrae in his neck where Feaster shot him.

But this weekend, he finally slipped away.

District Attorney Ramsey told FOX40 Sunday that he's now exploring the possibility of a negligent manslaughter charge, but hasn't filed one yet.

• Like 1

Who are you talking about?

The guy was only wounded.

For nearly a month after the incident Thomas does cling to life, as doctors work on two shattered vertebrae in his neck where Feaster shot him.

It be murder....

• Like 1
AussieLex

We all saw the video ... why did he re-holster his gun after firing the shot and watching the suspect drop from sight ... he didn't know the condition of the suspect so should have approached the overturned car with caution and his gun drawn ???

Watching the video ... To me it was like draw the gun, immediately shoot the perp,  you know have hit him because he collapsed, then re-holster the gun knowing it was safe to do so ... total time from starting the draw to having the gun re-holstered was 4 seconds... there is something very wrong with that and I bet thats not proper procedure.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

It be murder....

Very Hard to prove Murder.  The situation would never let them even prosecute let alone convict him of it.  

Here is the definition of Murder in California:

A prosecutor may charge homicide, the unlawful killing of a human being, as murder or manslaughter. Murder requires proof of "malice aforethought," which refers to the defendant's intent or state of mind.

Very Hard to prove Murder.  The situation would never let them even prosecute let alone convict him of it.  

Here is the definition of Murder in California:

A prosecutor may charge homicide, the unlawful killing of a human being, as murder or manslaughter. Murder requires proof of "malice aforethought," which refers to the defendant's intent or state of mind.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart famously said in his 1964 Order that he could not use words to describe p*ornography but...

"I know it when I see it."

I saw the same video as the rest of ya....

I know what I saw...

People seem to be focusing on hanging the officer, and not what they SHOULD be focusing on.

What about the girlfriend, whom this piece of shite murdered? Well, as far as I am concerned, he might as well have. He wrecked and she was ejected from the car. What about her life? 

Like I said, the guy got EXACTLY what he deserved. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
USMC-Retired

People seem to be focusing on hanging the officer, and not what they SHOULD be focusing on.

What about the girlfriend, whom this piece of shite murdered? Well, as far as I am concerned, he might as well have. He wrecked and she was ejected from the car. What about her life?

Like I said, the guy got EXACTLY what he deserved.

Funny how people seem to forget he committed intoxicated manslaughter. Does not make feel ok about what I saw. I hope there are more facts we are not seeing.
AussieLex

Two wrongs don't make a right ... the guy got what he rightly deserved but i wouldn't want that trigger happy cop working in my neighbourhood ...

What is a law enforcement weapon for ? ... it is a last resort solution to protect life... 

I know what I saw in the video as well ...

(My one and only daughter died at the hands of a drunk driver so i kinda hate drunks in general and drunk drivers in particular ... but whats right is right)

Edited by AussieLex
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart famously said in his 1964 Order that he could not use words to describe p*ornography but...

"I know it when I see it."

I saw the same video as the rest of ya....

I know what I saw...

Are you sure you're from Alabama... :yahoo:

• Like 1

If the drunk would have drank at home none of this would have happened. 

Putting a normal human being in an in a totally unacceptable situation does not make for a rouge or trigger happy cop or out of control police force!

Are some of you guys ex cons, you really seem to have it out for the police?

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.                                  Jester

Andrew Thomas has a long record of running from arrest

Does that really matter ?

Did the officer know who he was shooting at when he fired his weapon ?

Was his car yes but did the officer know who was was in the car ?

Edited by Woolf

Does that really matter ?

Did the officer know who he was shooting at when he fired his weapon ?

Was his car yes but the officer know who was was in the car ?

Yes it matters. He was a repeat offender. Not sure of the size of the town / city this was in. But, in smaller cities, towns and municipalities in the US, often, the police know the "bad element" on a personal note. 

So, Woolf. What about the girl? Again, someone not even thinking about her, her life, or her value. 

He took a life, and he gave his for doing it. Sounds like justice to me. 

• Like 1

I am thankful that we do not have that kind of justice in denmark

In denmark criminals are brought to court for justice.  not "hanged in the nearest tree" 

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 4