O Canada.....What a cabinet.

InternetTough

that was my argument ?  I really appreciate you telling me what I was saying [ especially since I didnt say anything!]

I agree. You only posted something that you didn't bother to explicitly tie to any statement.

You said nothing, really: only you posted a bunch of statistics which were obviously meant as some kind of rejoinder to what I said, so I replied.

But you took no responsibility for taking a position, that is true.

When ARE you going to say something?

Edited by InternetTough
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• the.lone.gunman

• colemanlee

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks pretty impressive lineout.      Minister of Health is a doctor. Minister of Transport is an astronaut. Minister of National Defense is a Sikh Veteran. Minister of Youth is under the age of

How's that misogyny working out for you?   Lemme take a wild guess here...   you're not happily married and you project your masculine insecurities onto your illusion of submissive Asian women...o

As much as I would like to make an appropriate response to you I have decided not to get myself banned for awhile !!

Posted Images

Davaoeno

When ARE you going to say something?

As much as I would like to make an appropriate response to you I have decided not to get myself banned for awhile !!

• Like 3
the.lone.gunman

Wtf does the korean gdp have to do with the Canadian cabinet ? i think half of u phuckers on this thread are smokin' pot. 

• Like 1

How's that misogyny working out for you?...

Mysogyny is dislike of women, if I understand the word correctly. I looove women (so no, you don't win a prize); I just know who's to wear the trousers.

I don't project my hopes onto what I think Asian women are like. I've had more problems teaching a filipina who is head of the relationship than I've had with Australian girls. At the same time, filipinas do have other qualities that Aussie girls don't.

Sorry if I am getting off-topic but several members seemed to think discussing my views should be part of this thread. I don't mind giving an answer for anything I believe.

the.lone.gunman

I wonder what their average age is? I also wonder how much of a promotion their present cabinet positions have been for them?

But not enough to look it up right now. 

Just wingin' it, I suspect that it is a youthful government, and it will show some of the same faults as South Korea's Uri Party showed after it was voted in in 2004 or so: About 80% of them were first time legislators and it showed. Cabinet positions aren't the same thing as positions in the legislature, I know, but youth (and inexperience) is where you go for brilliance---not reliability.

The young are often good at solving the hard problems (except diplomatic ones---they aren't good at understanding contending parties as well as the old are) and "experimenting" on the easy ones----very often disastrously.

Time will tell. 

They are considered by most here to airheads and empty suits.. .they got 37% of the popular vote. We didn't vote them in, we voted tho old rascals out. Woe is us .

• Like 1
Davaoeno
I just know who's to wear the trousers.

deleted

Edited by Davaoeno
Scotsbloke

Looks pretty impressive lineout. 

Minister of Health is a doctor.
Minister of Transport is an astronaut.
Minister of National Defense is a Sikh Veteran.
Minister of Youth is under the age of 45.
Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food is a former farmer.
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness was a Scout.
Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development was a financial analyst.
Minister of Finance is a successful businessman.
Minister of Justice was a crown prosecutor and is a First Nations leader.
Minister of Sport, and Persons with Disabilities is a visually impaired Paralympian.
Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Coastguard is Inuit.
Minister of Science is a medical geographer with a PhD.
New titles include
Minister of Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees was an Immigration critic.
There are scientists in the cabinet, and it is made up of 50% women.

I would expect nothing else from Canadia - possibly the most civilised country in the world....although NZ may give it a fair run for its money.  It also shows how drawing an artificial line on a map can produce two very different results - although everyone loves the "One nation under Canada" jibe.

I worked for international software companies for many years (Oracle and Computer Associates) and the blokes closing the bar during international sales conferences were always we Brits, The Scandies, The Antipodeans and, of course, The Canuks, eh?

Edited by Scotsbloke
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

.... the blokes closing the bar during international sales conferences were always we Brits, The Scandies, The Antipodeans and, of course, The Canuks, eh?

Well hell, what better way to measure a companies management ...

• Like 1
colemanlee

No better way, it measures internal fortitude...remember flying out of Goose Bay, playing darts for shots (something called screech) looser had to do the shots....friggin canucks always won...and we always took off feeling like crap..

• Like 2
Scotsbloke

No better way, it measures internal fortitude...remember flying out of Goose Bay, playing darts for shots (something called screech) looser had to do the shots....friggin canucks always won...and we always took off feeling like crap..

Two of my favourite Septics declaring that they also like a wee dram ;)

• Like 1