O Canada.....What a cabinet.

Now the question is, can this cabinet function clean and sober, or will they succumb to the weed?

Welcome back Ian, this place just isn't the same without you!

Edited by Bill H
  • Like 2
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• the.lone.gunman

• colemanlee

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks pretty impressive lineout.      Minister of Health is a doctor. Minister of Transport is an astronaut. Minister of National Defense is a Sikh Veteran. Minister of Youth is under the age of

How's that misogyny working out for you?   Lemme take a wild guess here...   you're not happily married and you project your masculine insecurities onto your illusion of submissive Asian women...o

As much as I would like to make an appropriate response to you I have decided not to get myself banned for awhile !!

Posted Images

colemanlee

How's that misogyny working out for you?

Lemme take a wild guess here...

you're not happily married and you project your masculine insecurities onto your illusion of submissive Asian women...online.

do i win a prize?

Sounds like you hit the lottery with this one....

• Like 1
the.lone.gunman

Now the question is, can this cabinet function clean and sober, or will they succumb to the weed?

Welcome back Ian, this place just isn't the same without you!

Here's a pic of Justin's mom when she was first lady of Canada. She succumbed to the weed eh ?

post-7086-0-11689400-1450591151_thumb.jpg

colemanlee

Here's a pic of Justin's mom when she was first lady of Canada. She succumbed to the weed eh ?

Loose lips....really.... :yahoo:

InternetTough

I wonder what their average age is? I also wonder how much of a promotion their present cabinet positions have been for them?

But not enough to look it up right now. 

Just wingin' it, I suspect that it is a youthful government, and it will show some of the same faults as South Korea's Uri Party showed after it was voted in in 2004 or so: About 80% of them were first time legislators and it showed. Cabinet positions aren't the same thing as positions in the legislature, I know, but youth (and inexperience) is where you go for brilliance---not reliability.

The young are often good at solving the hard problems (except diplomatic ones---they aren't good at understanding contending parties as well as the old are) and "experimenting" on the easy ones----very often disastrously.

Time will tell. 

Edited by InternetTough
Davaoeno

the same faults as South Korea's Uri Party showed after it was voted in in 2004 or s

post-8045-0-17214900-1450601321_thumb.png

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

the same faults as South Korea's Uri Party showed after it was voted in in 2004 or s

post-8045-0-17214900-1450601321.png

I know you're laughing as you posted this, so why no emoticon...  :yahoo:

Edited by Salty Dog

Just, curious, are the numbers in the histogram above adjusted for inflation?

Having anyone high on any drug and performing a responsible task is a very bad idea in my opinion. Marijuana is NOT a benign harmless drug. Perhaps that's one of the problems with the current US administration.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

....Marijuana is NOT a benign harmless drug. Perhaps that's one of the problems with the current US administration.

What, that they are benign... :biggrin_01:

InternetTough

That is certainly superficial enough. South Korea's GDP has been on the rise since the days of the dictators, with Park Chung-hee, who ruled for 18 years, having the most to do with South Korea's economic rise of all of the ROK's Presidents, as even former democracy fighters now admit. 

And yet, there is much more to governance of a country than increasing its GDP---never mind that the Uri Party inherited a dynamic economy and did not manage to destroy it during the short time they were in power (your argument on their behalf).

Davaoeno

That is certainly superficial enough.

translation: " since i dont like the figures that you quoted I am going to refer to them as superficial.  However if the facts had supported my contention then I would have referred to them as informative ." 

• Like 2
InternetTough

Having anyone high on any drug and performing a responsible task is a very bad idea in my opinion. Marijuana is NOT a benign harmless drug. Perhaps that's one of the problems with the current US administration.

You are certainly right about pot.

If one Google's "THC and white brain matter destruction" there is a lot of interesting reading. In some cases, youths that started smoking pot heavily at the age of 13 were missing about 80% (4/5) of the expected white brain cells they should have had at age 21. 

That is a nice trick to play on one's kid---smoke pot in front of him while he is young, taking much less of a hit oneself because one is older, and encouraging the kid to start smoking pot early. One could then be morally responsible for inflicting manor brain damage on one's child and the law could not touch one.

Davaoeno

your argument on their behalf

that was my argument ?  I really appreciate you telling me what I was saying [ especially since I didnt say anything!]

• Like 1
InternetTough

translation: " since i dont like the figures that you quoted I am going to refer to them as superficial.  However if the facts had supported my contention then I would have referred to them as informative ." 

You did not explicitly tie your facts to any contention. Logically, I did not have to reply to the nice little evidence card you threw at me.

But, I dismiss the implicit contention that I charitably made explicit for you and answer that because the South Korean economy continued to grow during the time of the foolish Roh Mu-hyun administration and the time of control of the National Assembly by the gang of childish newbies called the Uri Party that that constituted any real evidence in favor of the Uri Party----which manifested its foolishness in large measure in a completely fantastic gullibility towards North Korea. Luckily, the next president, Lee Myung-bak, broke some of the last promises made by the future suicide, Roh Mu-hyun in his last summit meeting with the North. He was a conservative. And the next president, and the current one, Park Geun-hye, also a conservative, has been more realistic.

Even economically, the record of the left in South Korea has been quite inferior to that of the political right. 

Edited by InternetTough