And when is SOMEONE going to do SOMETHING about the traffic?

smokey

i want to see a chicken in every pot and a car in every driveway vote for me i want to serve the people .....

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colemanlee

• smokey

• SkyMan

• M.C.A.

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here is a novel idea enforce the traffic laws ... no parking mean no parking.... use jeep stops.... no 3 wheeled peddle trikes use the main highways .. If a store has no offstreet parking it gets no p

I'm surprised that in 3 pages of posts no one mentioned the elephant in the room.  Let's use building a road as an example.  After the planning and such, the contract to build the road is published. 

As much as the 5% of the population who have excess funds to spend  would enjoy your recommendations you are condemning the average person to even more poverty since they will be unable to get to work

Posted Images

When I complain about the tricycle or pedi cycle in the way or the many wacky ways people get around, sort of like Mad Max, my wife gets after me and tells me that they too need to get out and get around, transportation would be too much for them but a liter of fuel and 4 family members on a motorcycle would be there only way of escaping every now and and then.

Trains to move cargo and trollies to move people sure would help, I'd rather take trolley then to drive to Manila and I can't stand the buses they can only take you so far and then you'll need to take another form of transportation, it's not cheap but it could be and people would use it.

miles-high

Just wishful thinking, but if I had the power and authority to make changes in solving the traffic

congestion in the Philippines here are some of the proposals I would implement and enforce...

I would go further…

1) No vehicles (including buses and Jeeps) older than 5 years allowed, all vehicles older than 5 years shall be destroyed

2) Used car sales are not allowed, even those newer than 5 years old

3) No parking is allowed on any street

4) Each private car purchaser shall buy a new air-conditioned bus to be used by his or her community (barangay, etc.) for workers commuting use only

:D :D :D

• Like 1
colemanlee

I would add and elephant that can fly.... :yahoo:

• Like 3
contraman

I would add and elephant that can fly.... :yahoo:

I think that the word "DUMBO" is appropriate in this thread :idontknow:

• Like 1
colemanlee

I think that the word "DUMBO" is appropriate in this thread :idontknow:

I cant say that, Ill be accused of being insensitive....and you know me, PC till the end....... :yahoo:  

• Like 4
MarinePride

the only place in the Philippines I have found traffic laws enforced is Baguio and the enforcers I saw were PNP maybe traffic should be run by police so either make the traffic personal police personal or live with the problems

I was motioned to pull over because of an illegal U turn in front of the Park Mall years ago.  2 Citoms I believe were there looking for people who do it in spite of the sign.  I let my wife handle it and all was good, but my wallet was lightened up a bit.  There is always selective enforcement going on some where, but there is no real commitment to anything.

I have an idea for Mactan island that would generate a lot of revenue for the gov't.  Prohibit parking in the lanes of the newly concreted roads, as people freely park there on a lot of the secondary roads.  It creates a problem and shouldn't be allowed at all.

This mostly because the handful of rich and powerful families who actually control things here are quite happy with the way things are and each year they get richer, so why change?

That's not true as all developing countries faced the same problem. Corruption is not against development but a critical part of it.

Why would rich families push the government for city rebuilding? Because land value would be increased drastically and more room for business, more contracts and privileges granted from the government, and government officials get rich by having such projects (with corruption). Successful development enables more development and more money from treasury into their pockets, and stimulate the economy which further increases tax base.

You just have to look at China or Korea 20 years ago to see how this game is played. It's a win-win situation to everyone.

If they don't change, then nothing happens. But that's just stupid, what kind of businessman would reject opportunities to make more money?

Edited by aqd
colemanlee

Here its not all about the money, its about keeping the hierarchy also, check out the names of everybody from billionaires, to politicians, to movie stars, to TV personalities...in this country there is a for real glass ceiling that you can peek through, but very few actually get to go through...I know some pretty powerful folks here in Leyte that are not a member of that club...