And when is SOMEONE going to do SOMETHING about the traffic?

Wolfpack

"And when is SOMEONE going to SOMETHING about the traffic?"

When it snows in Manila.

when it does snow in Manila, its volcanic ash :(

• Like 3
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colemanlee

• smokey

• SkyMan

• M.C.A.

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here is a novel idea enforce the traffic laws ... no parking mean no parking.... use jeep stops.... no 3 wheeled peddle trikes use the main highways .. If a store has no offstreet parking it gets no p

I'm surprised that in 3 pages of posts no one mentioned the elephant in the room.  Let's use building a road as an example.  After the planning and such, the contract to build the road is published. 

As much as the 5% of the population who have excess funds to spend  would enjoy your recommendations you are condemning the average person to even more poverty since they will be unable to get to work

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The Cebu traffic plan is to build more fly overs. 

The Manila traffic plan is all hedged on the skyway expansion project. Since it solved the problem for South Metro dwellers they think it will be the panacea for all of NCR's traffic ailments. The idiotic thing is they get all this traffic flowing and then stop it at toll booths because they haven't automated that. Well they tried automating it but it is very problematic. They can't seem to solve something that the rest of the world has solved for decades (automatic toll collection).  If someone were to collect data I would put money on Filipinos being the slowest toll payers anywhere in the world. Seems it is a very difficult concept to grasp while sitting in line for 20 minutes to get the money ready so you don't go looking for it when it is your turn to pay. 

This time of year traffic is horrendous, then on December 25 it all dies down for a while. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 3
SkyMan

ha ha great thought but they cant even get the 50 year old jeeps and trucks scrapped 

Exactly my point.

A_Simple_Man

Not only are there more of them, but it seems all the SUVs, trucks, and busses on the road are bigger now than they were a few years back. Bigger means they take up more space on the limited amount of roadway.  Ya just can't get 6 cars across 2 lanes any more.  :wheel:

• Like 2
RogerDat

Just deport all the Bitc---g foreigners and nobody is complaining anymore! LOL  :sarcasm:

Do what Bangkok did( they filled in the canals). They should fill in Mactan Chanel from pier 6, to the General Milling.

More room for roads, and buildings.

Why would someone need to do anything? The problem will solve itself when driving becomes slower than walking.

People could always choose to walk, ride a bike or motor.

mistaeric

During the day with all the bumper to bumper traffic it takes a ridiculous time to cover a few miles. But when you travel at 3am across Cebu,you will be surprised how fast you can get from one place to the other.

SkyMan

They should fill in Mactan Chanel from pier 6, to the General Milling. More room for roads, and buildings.
They've been trying to do that but everyone complains about the pollution.
Soarking

when it does snow in Manila, its volcanic ash :(

It snows in Manila at MOA over the ice skating rink when they turn on the snow making machine.

• Like 1

I live in Baguo City,  and one suggestion  has been to have non-residents  park outside of Baguio and take a shuttle/bus up to the city on anticipated high-traffic days (ie holidays). Residents would be issued stickers. 

This had been done successfully for Yosemite National  Park in California.

This won't solve the problem entirely  but it's one simple low-cost solution to help a bit. 

Edited by hitman

but they don't have bus, or bus lanes or station or the space for them. Even the big roads in cebu are too narrow without illegal parking at roadsides, so adding big, frequently-stopped buses might not help at all.

They don't even have traffic policemen. The only place I can see them is inside Ayala Business Park.

Also most of the travel distances are short so they really should take bikes if not for the terrible sunlight.

cebulover2000

You know that nothing will change when a marked police vehicle blocks the traffic on both lanes just to gain 3 inches of forward movement.

miles-high

All the power and money is in Manila and they don't give a shit about Cebu.

The traffic is just as bad in the Metro Manila area. It took us 3 hours to go from NAIA Terminal 1 to Mandaluyong (where EDSA Shangri La hotel is) last night. I do not know the actual mileage between these points but it used to take us about 30 to 40 minutes (16 minutes once during the Holy Week some time ago). My friend told me it took 2 hours from Makati to Ortigas last night...

More reason for us to avoid visiting the Philippines... :D Can't wait to leave for NYC tomorrow... :D

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1
RogerDuMond

And when is SOMEONE going to do SOMETHING about the traffic?

for awhile sir

• Like 1