guitartechk

The family compound

Scotsbloke

I don't think any foreigner can ever truly understand the dynamics of Filipino culture. And the more you think you have it figured out,,,the more trouble you can expect. You may want to take the warnings serious and slow down the marriage some. Long distance relationships and living near EX-in laws are two different things.

Wish you the best on your upcoming marriage.

A good point well made.  I can only admire the patience and tolerance of the likes of Ozbrum and Guitartechk who seem to be dealing with emotionally charged situations with great aplomb.

Your partners are lucky to have you.

I'll edit this to say that the stereotype is old foreigners using young Filipinos but threads like this (and others on the board) shows quite a different pattern - of 'foreigners' investing in families who would be much impoverished without them.

Edited by Scotsbloke
  • Like 1

rrider

I am now sort of living in a family compound, Right now I have the only house on the land that my wife's father has told us repeatedly that he is going to put it in the name of my wife, and her two sisters. it's turned into nothing but a headache for reasons to lengthy to write down here. If i could do it all over, I would have built somewhere else away from the family home. So take warning guys, don't stay , or build on family land. Get your own, far away as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

smokey

Happen to me we bought a house arizona 6 months each place let son daughter in law move in they split son leaves .. She can stay but no overnight visit ers if your horney get your own place

• Like 1

Davaoeno
On 12/21/2015 at 1:54 AM, Scotsbloke said:

A good point well made.  I can only admire the patience and tolerance of the likes of Ozbrum and Guitartechk who seem to be dealing with emotionally charged situations with great aplomb.

Your partners are lucky to have you.

I'll edit this to say that the stereotype is old foreigners using young Filipinos but threads like this (and others on the board) shows quite a different pattern - of 'foreigners' investing in families who would be much impoverished without them.

If you are going to invest in a Filipino family I dont see any problem with you getting a hot younger woman out of the deal!! 

( this post was made with as much aplomb as possible! Lol)

• Haha 1

KID
On 12/18/2015 at 11:21 AM, mactanfamily said:

this girl is very much controlled by her family.

Not really   "her" family but her late husbands family, Even more alarming.  . But hey, when kids are involved people get crazy

HongKongPhooey

It’s funny to view that the member joined in December 2015, the OP is December 2015 and the last time he visited the site was September 2016. I really do wonder what happened in the end to this guy.  I wish there was some clickbait ads in this forum like: 

“Whatever happened to”

image.jpeg.be58b2c36b3b72bf2bbd5ddb4cc98008.jpeg

Edited by HongKongPhooey
  • Like 1

rfm010
18 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

If you are going to invest in a Filipino family I dont see any problem with you getting a hot younger woman out of the deal!! ...

That's what i told my wife when we were scouting for a maid.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Boise_2_Banilad
On 12/18/2015 at 11:30 AM, RogerDuMond said:

I personally would feel uncomfortable hanging out with the deceased husbands family at their place. It doesn't surprise me that they feel that way.

If you are serious move her out, but if you have any reservations, don't take away her home.

I agree with this.  I really don't see why you'd want to force yourself upon the family against their wishes in any case.  The kiddos and so forth don't need it waved in their face that Mom is dating someone new, and all the more so because it reminds them of their dead dad.  Treading lightly when on others' turf is never a bad idea.