Sign in to follow this  
jtmwatchbiz

[RESOLVED] Headshot (Bill) may urgently need O+ blood

Headshot

I need anybody with O+ who thinks they are qualified to come to the blood bank on the first floor of CDUH to become a qualified donor. I don't need a transfusion yet, but if I get to that point, things will have to move fast. Please PM me if you can do it, and I will exchange contact information with you.

• Like 1

contraman

who thinks they are qualified

As a point of interest, What are the qualification to become a blood donor in the Philippines.

eg. age, health, medications etc ?

Bill H

As a point of interest, What are the qualification to become a blood donor in the Philippines.

Forget it Ape, you're too hairy, have a tendency to throw shit too much, and would probably bend the needle with your tough hide.

I think your over-all health is a larger factor than your chronological age.  They also don't want any blood born diseases.  Imagine that?

• Like 2

contraman

Forget it Ape, you're too hairy, have a tendency to throw shit too much, and would probably bend the needle with your tough hide.

I think your over-all health is a larger factor than your chronological age.  They also don't want any blood born diseases.  Imagine that?

Okay, I will bring a couple of pints with me.

Not for Bill, Its for me, I will probably loose a bit after falling down those stairs at SM Seaside :yahoo:

• Like 2

colemanlee

Ill be there the 24th...O+ if they will take it from an old guy....hmm down a pint or two...cheaper drunk... :yahoo:

• Like 2

Bill H

Ill be there the 24th...O+ if they will take it from an old guy....hmm down a pint or two...cheaper drunk... :yahoo:

Ummmmmm I think he was hoping for actual blood, not Jack with a little blood mixed in.

• Like 2

colemanlee

Ummmmmm I think he was hoping for actual blood, not Jack with a little blood mixed in.

At least, its good booze, not Tanduay

Edited by colemanlee
  • Like 3

Skywalker

Don't knock tanduay, it does the same job.

I'm up this early sending the kids to mass at school.  Silly bloody religion this is!

• Like 2

colemanlee

Don't knock tanduay, it does the same job.

I'm up this early sending the kids to mass at school.  Silly bloody religion this is!

Wifey just took all the kids and headed to church...something about you have to do it for nine days...its beyond me but if it makes them happy, rock on

• Like 4

broden

Thanks to all of you who offered to help me with this problem, but luckily I won't need any blood now. My platelet level is bouncing back up (as of last night and this morning), so they are releasing me today. I'm very happy.

keep getting better man

hope you won't ever need that blood

can you imagine living the rest of your life with the collective blood of the forum coursing through your veins 

• Like 1

colemanlee

keep getting better man

hope you won't ever need that blood

can you imagine living the rest of your life with the collective blood of the forum coursing through your veins 

And doing it knowing some of the folks in the forum .....can blood lower or raise your collective IQ

• Like 1

Paul

Thanks to all of you who offered to help me with this problem, but luckily I won't need any blood now. My platelet level is bouncing back up (as of last night and this morning), so they are releasing me today. I'm very happy.

I really think this is far too soon. Did they examine your head? I mean, just to make sure nothin' is wrong with it and all. Not saying there is, mind you. Just figured, you know, while you were there and all.

• Like 2

shadow

They are pretty strict in this area, at least at Silliman. Not too young nor too old, within a certain weight, must have been in country for 6 months, no history of heart or blood diseases, etc.

A few years back a friend of mine died of needing blood due to internal hemorrhaging, while a friend of the same blood type stood by and watched. They would not accept his blood as he had not been in country for 6 months. Much better to let the patient die, I guess.

• Like 4

Salty Dog

They are pretty strict in this area, at least at Silliman. Not too young nor too old, within a certain weight, must have been in country for 6 months, no history of heart or blood diseases, etc.

A few years back a friend of mine died of needing blood due to internal hemorrhaging, while a friend of the same blood type stood by and watched. They would not accept his blood as he had not been in country for 6 months. Much better to let the patient die, I guess.

Yea like being in the Philippines for 6 months is better than being in a 1st world country before that...

• Like 1

the.lone.gunman

How much was the hospital bill if u don't mind my asking ?

cebulover2000

Canada only accepts you as a donor if you are neither from Europe nor Asia - well that eliminates about 90 % of the people.

When my SIL has dengue she needed transfusions and some doc at the public hospital was able to find donors. It was not very expensive. I think public hospitals have more resources and less strict rules.

Edited by cebulover2000

Davaoeno

Canada only accepts you as a donor if you are neither from Europe nor Asia -

Do you ever consider whether or not the things you post are true or not ?  It would seem not .  Perhaps you should post a warning with your comments so people know not to think that they are true ??

Can I Donate?
Ready to Give Life? Start Here.

btn-book-appointment.png

For your safety and the safety of the patients, all volunteer blood donors must be evaluated to find out if they are eligible to give blood. Whether you are donating for the first time or checking to see if you can continue to donate, the following information will help you before you book an appointment or visit a clinic.

When you go to donate, you will be asked a number of questions to determine your eligibility. One of our qualified team members will make the decision about whether or not you are eligible to donate.

Am I eligible to donate?

To become a blood donor in Canada you must be:

• In good general health, feeling well and able to perform your normal activities
  • At least 17 years old
  • Meet our height and weight requirements if you are between 17 and 23 years old. Use our calculator to determine if you are ready to donate.
  • Like 3

Hy H

Most members, due to this forum having been a huge supporter of donating over the years, add their blood type to their profiles. In the past, it has been more for donating rather than receiving though. I guess it is time to rethink my position on that, asking people to put their blood types in, for either.    If / When you type your blood, please add it to your profile, if you would. 

There are few guys who do not know their blood type, me included. Will find out tomorrow where I can get it checked.

Many won`t donate for reasons whether it is political, religious, medical, substance abuse or just scared of needles and blood.  

• Like 1

smokey

i tried once to give to my sister but seems many who were in Viet Nam are on the list of not the greatest blood

colemanlee

Well, I was willing to risk it, but thankfully now I won't have to get any transfusions. I have been released from the hospital, and now have my beautiful four-year-old daughter snuggled up next to me in my own bed at home.

Good to hear Bill...

Headshot

Again, thanks to all who offered to help. It will be remembered.

• Like 2

Paul

Well, I was willing to risk it, but thankfully now I won't have to get any transfusions. I have been released from the hospital, and now have my beautiful four-year-old daughter snuggled up next to me in my own bed at home.

Did you tell her you have cooties and she could catch them? :D

• Like 1

Headshot

There are few guys who do not know their blood type, me included. Will find out tomorrow where I can get it checked.

Many won`t donate for reasons whether it is political, religious, medical, substance abuse or just scared of needles and blood.  

Probably the biggest reasons that would eliminate our members are hypertension meds, blood thinners and tattoos. I had a donor lined up, but her veins were too small to draw blood from. I still appreciated her going down to be qualified (or in this case disqualified).

• Like 1