[RESOLVED] Headshot (Bill) may urgently need O+ blood

jtmwatchbiz

jtmwatchbiz

Txt message sent, I am 0+ but away for a few days starting Sunday

i just woke up and replied to your text.  thanks for also posting your info in this thread as bill now knows you are also a potential donor if needed.

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 3
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Paul

• colemanlee

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the comments so far. According to Dr. Mejia, only O+ (a perfect match) will do for this purpose. Forget everything you know about normal blood transfusions. My platelet count went from 101,

Thanks to all of you who offered to help me with this problem, but luckily I won't need any blood now. My platelet level is bouncing back up (as of last night and this morning), so they are releasing

Well, I was willing to risk it, but thankfully now I won't have to get any transfusions. I have been released from the hospital, and now have my beautiful four-year-old daughter snuggled up next to me

i just woke up and replied to your text.  thanks for also posting your info in this thread as bill now knows you are also a potential donor if needed.

Send you an PM about donor issues but made an mistake on info and could not be able to correct it due forum guidelines.

jtmwatchbiz

Send you an PM about donor issues but made an mistake on info and could not be able to correct it due forum guidelines.

no problem i got your message and replied and thanks.  

Txt message sent, I am 0+ but away for a few days starting Sunday

If he needs the blood, it would definitely be before Sunday. 

Headshot

My CBC this morning showed my platelet count at 65,000, so it is still going down, but slowly now. Hopefully, it will stabilize and start to rise before it hits the magic number of 50,000.

One thing...I cannot eat the food here. It may be a mental block (because I got food poisoning here four years ago), but they have no concept of the temperature food should be kept in order to keep it good...so everything is room temperature when served. Who knows how long it has been sitting out before it was served? In any event, every time I have tried to eat the meat they serve, I have puked. In fact, the only things I have found edible have been the fruits and a cucumber and tomato salad.

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz

I cannot eat the food here

i will be around there this afternoon as Samantha is undergoing a procedure so text me if you want something edible and my wife will whip something up for you.  

• Like 3
Headshot

Some fruit would be good. I can always eat bananas. I have that in common with Contraman.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 5
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Some fruit would be good. I can always eat bananas. I have that in common with Contraman.

remember all the best vitamins are in the skin

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

i've been called worse things than a fruit, and since you're not feeling well i will ignore the insults and bring you some bananas later today :)  

• Like 1
contraman

I have that in common with Contraman.

Just don't eat the complete stocks before I get there :)

• Like 2
Headshot

remember all the best vitamins are in the skin

I don't think that applies to bananas...  :cool:

• Like 2
Skywalker

I've heard of people who dry out banana skins and then smoke them.

Some people..................

Get better soon Bill.  Sadly I can't give blood here, since I have previously had HepB.  I tried to donate when my butler had appendicitis but was refused for that reason.  But I can tell you that there are speculative donors that hang around the hospitals selling their blood.  I can't remember the price.

• Like 1
Headshot

Fred was just here with a load of fruit for me. I don't care what anybody says...you're a good man Charlie Brown. I really appreciate it. I was down to bread and water. Now, I'm eating like a...monkey.

• Like 7
contraman

Now, I'm eating like a...monkey.

OzTony may get upset with a comment like that :idontknow:

• Like 2