[RESOLVED] Headshot (Bill) may urgently need O+ blood

Headshot

remember all the best vitamins are in the skin

I don't think that applies to bananas...  :cool:

• Like 2

Bill H

Get him the red ones, they're the best!

Skywalker

I've heard of people who dry out banana skins and then smoke them.

Some people..................

Get better soon Bill.  Sadly I can't give blood here, since I have previously had HepB.  I tried to donate when my butler had appendicitis but was refused for that reason.  But I can tell you that there are speculative donors that hang around the hospitals selling their blood.  I can't remember the price.

• Like 1

Headshot

Fred was just here with a load of fruit for me. I don't care what anybody says...you're a good man Charlie Brown. I really appreciate it. I was down to bread and water. Now, I'm eating like a...monkey.

• Like 7

contraman

Now, I'm eating like a...monkey.

OzTony may get upset with a comment like that :idontknow:

• Like 2

oztony

OzTony may get upset with a comment like that :idontknow:

If it means Bill getting well and on the mend I could possibly forego the jealously of his imitating my eating style. :)  

• Like 3

broden

I don't think that applies to bananas...  :cool:

better safe than sorry

Enuff

Bill,

I'm trying to follow what is going on here

You have decided to get away just before the holidays, to avoid carolers I assume.

Now you have started a crash diet, to fit into that swimsuit for Christmas I guess

If you are doing all of this for me I appreciate it but there isn't a chance in hell you are going to be able to drop enough weight to fit into the jeans I'm bringing you

get well soon, I will see you soon either at hospital or at home

Edited by bigmook
  • Like 3

hookedtothenet

Sorry to hear about your condition Headshot. 
I had Dengue back in Oct 2014, my platelets also dropped to just above 50,000, but the very next day bounced back up high. As soon as the platelets bounce back the doctors are not concerned and you will probably not be of anymore risk of it falling again. Well, that is what the doctors told me.
Tawa tawa apparently is good, but can have damaging effects on your kidneys, probably not an issue if for only a few days, but the doctors advised us not to take it.
What I did take was the leaves of the papaya, not the youngest and not oldest, the middle-aged ones, if that makes sense. It's was squeezed into a juice and drunk, bitter taste, but I personally feel as if it might have helped.
If I was in Cebu, I would gladly donate, that's if I am eligible, not sure after my dengue I would be.
Hope all is well and you don't need a blood transfusion and that the numbers bounce back up again.

• Like 3

Headshot

You're a funny man, Greg. My platelets are still dropping, and are now at 63,000, so it doesn't look like I will going home before you get here. You may need to come to the hospital if you want to see me before the party.

• Like 1

Enuff

You're a funny man, Greg. My platelets are still dropping, and are now at 63,000, so it doesn't look like I will going home before you get here. You may need to come to the hospital if you want to see me before the party.

I will, might even bring you something edible (by your standards, not mine)

Vulle Vuojas
Get better soon Bill.  Sadly I can't give blood here, since I have previously had HepB.  I tried to donate when my butler had appendicitis but was refused for that reason.  But I can tell you that there are speculative donors that hang around the hospitals selling their blood.  I can't remember the price.

Yes, there are many conditions to be aware of before donating blood. One need to tell what medications/if any are used.  Having a lot of tattoes is also a no to donate blood.

I had Dengue back in Oct 2014, my platelets also dropped to just above 50,000, but the very next day bounced back up high. As soon as the platelets bounce back the doctors are not concerned and you will probably not be of anymore risk of it falling again. Well, that is what the doctors told me.

Tawa tawa apparently is good, but can have damaging effects on your kidneys, probably not an issue if for only a few days, but the doctors advised us not to take it.

What I did take was the leaves of the papaya, not the youngest and not oldest, the middle-aged ones, if that makes sense. It's was squeezed into a juice and drunk, bitter taste, but I personally feel as if it might have helped.

If I was in Cebu, I would gladly donate, that's if I am eligible, not sure after my dengue I would be.

Hope all is well and you don't need a blood transfusion and that the numbers bounce back up again.

Thanks... How hard is this on kids?

Fred was just here with a load of fruit for me. I don't care what anybody says...you're a good man Charlie Brown. I really appreciate it. I was down to bread and water. Now, I'm eating like a...monkey.

You could eat some Youghurt/Musli with sliced fruit?

Paul

Fred was just here with a load of fruit for me.

That's a good thing, for a change. Usually it's a load of shite.

I'm eating like a...monkey.

When's your birthday?

"And you look like one toooooooo..."

• Like 1

bluecarabao

Your correct,i could damage one's kidneys if one goes crazy taking the stuff,but you only take it until platelet count stop dropping.If i have my info correct,dengue itself,can cause major kidney damage if not treated quickly.

Tawa- tawa taste like crap so we mixed it with Gatorade,which contains Dextrose which is what they will put you on in the hospital.

I have been told that there are five strains of Dengue, Dengue type one and three is less severe compared with type 2 with may explain why Headshot looks to be in good shape. Type four is the dangerous one. I had type two.  I know why they called it 'break bone disease' as i could hardly move for the pain. Looks like they just found a fifth strain of dengue.  http://www.upmc-cbn.org/report_archive/2013/cbnreport_10252013.html

My stay in the Mission Hospital in Davao was a very good experience.They did not think of me as an ATM but as a fellow human being. My total cost was P18,000. My two kids where treated at home using tawa-tawa and gatorade,worked great.

• Like 7

Headshot

Bad news. My platelets have dropped to 53,000, and they are telling me that I MIGHT be released before Christmas. However, they also told me the 50,000 is only the threshold for a blood transfusion IF you are going into surgery. As long as I'm not bleeding, the threshold is 10,000, and if I'm bleeding, they will transfuse me if it reaches 20,000.

• Like 5

Enuff

Bad news. My platelets have dropped to 53,000, and they are telling me that I MIGHT be released before Christmas. However, they also told me the 50,000 is only the threshold for a blood transfusion IF you are going into surgery. As long as I'm not bleeding, the threshold is 10,000, and if I'm bleeding, they will transfuse me if it reaches 20,000.

Bill, it's not bad news it's hopeful news.

Being home for Christmas would be grand!

• Like 5

Hy H

Bill, it's not bad news it's hopeful news.

It is bad , if he not want to be home for x-mas......................................................................jokin ok...get better Bill.  

Btw....in case guys like me who like to donate but first need to find out our blood type.  Would you get this tested out at Red Cross opposite Cebu Doctors Hospital? 

Headshot

I think you can get your blood typed right here at CDUH too.

• Like 1

Denis

I think you can get your blood typed right here at CDUH too.

Sir,

I don't think I have your blood type and I have forgotten my blood type. Probably suppressed from the memory banks.

But I will find out and let you know.

Paul

I MIGHT be released before Christmas.

Ahhhhh. Bing Crosby.

• Like 2

Paul
Would you get this tested out at Red Cross opposite Cebu Doctors Hospital?

Any hospital can type your blood. 

I would imagine you could go to Hi-Precision Diagnostics, or other similar clinic, to do the same?

Sir,

I don't think I have your blood type and I have forgotten my blood type. Probably suppressed from the memory banks.

But I will find out and let you know.

Most members, due to this forum having been a huge supporter of donating over the years, add their blood type to their profiles. In the past, it has been more for donating rather than receiving though. I guess it is time to rethink my position on that, asking people to put their blood types in, for either. 

If / When you type your blood, please add it to your profile, if you would. 

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

I would imagine you could go to Hi-Precision Diagnostics, or other similar clinic, to do the same?

Yes.  I did that years ago and they even give a pretty, laminated card that shows your blood type in big letters.

• Like 2

Hy H

Yes.  I did that years ago and they even give a pretty, laminated card that shows your blood type in big letters.

I heard they do charge fair bit for it these days....back in Oz anyway I was told.

Whereabouts did you did yours, you mind me askin?

Paul

Whereabouts did you did yours, you mind me askin?

I'm sure any location can do it for you. Just pick the one closest to you

• Like 1

to_dave007

Just tripped over this thread.  Type A+ here so all I can offer Bill from the boonies is a "Get well soon".  Sounds like good news that there is no bleeding.

I didn't see what Hospital Bill is in.. Cebu Doctors?