Sign in to follow this  
Gillbo

Urgent blood donor needed

Gillbo

My Cousin and her boyfriend (Maya and Adam) are seriously ill with Dengue fever.  It is very likely they will need a blood transfusion.  Unfortunately Adams blood type is O- and as you will know, this is extremely rare in the Philippines.  If anyone on this cite has O- blood and would be willing to donate, please respond to this post or email me.  They are in hospital in Cebu.   Many thanks.  Gill 

Paul

Bumping this thread, if anyone can help?

TorJay

Dang.  I am usually in Cebu by now and I am O-.  Too bad I won't be there until beginning of February.

Good luck and get well soon.

Edited by TorJay

cebulover2000

I had relatives in the province needing blood and they always found somebody for hard cash, go to public hospitals.

Gillbo

Hi Folks. Thanks so much for responding to this thread. The situation has improved a bit and it now looks like hopefully a blood transfusion won't be needed as of today. Not 100% so still a small chance of needing some O- but really grateful that you have tried to help. Will post again if things don't keep improving :)

• Like 1