When I was in Thailand a mate I was staying with showed me this solar light from a project he was supporting called a Solarpuff I was pretty impressed and bought 3 from the seller because I've been looking for cheaper ways to have light. 

Having lived in the philippines in a far out province with its unique electrical problems I always carried one of those mechanical wind up light generator torches and this is a step up in my opinion. 

Put it in the sun for up to 8 hours and you get an 8 hour charge at full power.  It has two power settings 60 lumens and 90 lumens.  The charged battery will last 3 months without use and after 2 years will drop to 50% power if not used at all so it makes for a great emergency light.  It will even charge on a cloudy day or under an incandescent light.  Use it everyday they say it will last 2 years. 

What do you think for the Philippines?

post-479-0-50743500-1450065078_thumb.jpg

You'll have to google solarpuff if you want to know more.

• Like 6

What do you think for the Philippines?

I think most Filipinos wouldn't spend that kind of money on a light, if they had it. $30 USD / each? A bit costly, at Php 1,400 per lamp.

I think most Filipinos wouldn't spend that kind of money on a light, if they had it. $30 USD / each? A bit costly, at Php 1,400 per lamp.

Agreed.

Them as can afford it don't need it and them that need it can't afford it.

KonC

• Like 1

I'm in Thailand now. Where can I buy? Thanks

Oh its based in the US I bought mine online same as my mate in Thailand he helped them out with their start up I believe.  See link below if Paul allows it to stay. 

They encourage people to donate lights to less fortunate people at a discount. 

http://www.solight-design.com/givelight/

Well Philippines is not on the list, so no free light for us poor people....

90 lumens is too weak for anything; only 2 years life and cost is $30 while typical 1000 lumen LED has more than 4-5 years and cost $10, using 10 watt only.

That sounds like another green scam to me...

Edited by aqd

Well Philippines is not on the list, so no free light for us poor people....

90 lumens is too weak for anything; only 2 years life and cost is $30 while typical 1000 lumen LED has more than 4-5 years and cost $10, using 10 watt only.

That sounds like another green scam to me...

Now you tell me !