Sign in to follow this  
Dafey

Pesos account VS. Dollar account

Monsoon

YA Catch 22. My first problem will be opening account when i get there to transfer funds for first deposit on Condo then later funds as required for full payment. From what i have read BPI seems to be the easiest.

I bet your developer will be able to assist you there.

TheWhiteKnight

Land Bank, still til this day, is the cheapest bank I know of, to open a USD Savings Account at. The requirement is $100 USD. Their minimum to open a Piso ATM account is Php 500.

True it's a low minimum to open but still $500 average daily balance to avoid fees (and earn interest).

rep1

it's only $100 in CTBC.

but the dollar account is passbook only.

TheWhiteKnight

it's only $100 in CTBC.

but the dollar account is passbook only.

Wow never heard of this bank, but they do have an Angeles branch.

rep1

Wow never heard of this bank, but they do have an Angeles branch.

Yes. See http://www.ctbcbank.com.ph/Locations/En_Branches.html[PROVINCIAL BRANCH]

but they really give only passbook for dollar account; ATM card and transaction history emails are for peso account only

TheWhiteKnight

Yes. See http://www.ctbcbank.com.ph/Locations/En_Branches.html[PROVINCIAL BRANCH]

but they really give only passbook for dollar account; ATM card and transaction history emails are for peso account only

Yeah, I think I just need to open it up at my favorite BPI and leave $500 in there.