Judge dismiss p*orn charges against American National in Cebu City

oztony
I mentioned that mebbe he shouldn't videotape underage Filipinas topless and promptly got blocked from his feed.

UH , Hard to understand that response from him , 

Has anyone seen the tape ? Can it be confirmed by those here that he purposefully video taped under age semi nude girls ?

Why was he let out of jail , and then acquitted ?

Why wasn't the trafficking law invoked ?

The guy is a dickwad , but why is he free ?

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• RogerDuMond

• contraman

• Irenicus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been following this case for nearly five years.  I know him by his blog "Wandering Blindly" when I was researching the Philippines.  Seemed like a straightforward dude.   I knew he had been r

Sex crimes ? I have obviously missed some of the hard proof on offer here , unless you are referring to accusation and innuendo , accompanied by a wrestling tape of girls in bikini's ......

Again...I only have knowlege of the US laws in this arena. In the US it is rare to see a young girl that is "budding" go topless. However, in Europe it is acceptable. In Brazil the expectation is ever

SkyMan

Seriously , how many times has it been said by a judge , that the jury will disregard that statement ? So can you unhear things just as well as unsee them?
True but that's for something accidentally released in a trial.  There are no juries here so the judge wouldn't (shouldn't) view something until it is ruled admissible.  At the point where the prosecution submitted it I'm sure the defense objected causing the ruling.  It didn't have to be watched for the defense to object to its being obtained incorrectly.  As far as the judge was concerned it didn't matter what was on the video. 
  • Like 1
oztony

True but that's for something accidentally released in a trial.  There are no juries here so the judge wouldn't (shouldn't) view something until it is ruled admissible.  At the point where the prosecution submitted it I'm sure the defense objected causing the ruling.  It didn't have to be watched for the defense to object to its being obtained incorrectly.  As far as the judge was concerned it didn't matter what was on the video. 

I hear you , but the supposing word keeps ringing......

• Like 1
Irenicus

I hear you , but the supposing word keeps ringing......

Tony it was noted that he had already taken the video of the underage girls topless. He also admitted to it. The issue has to do with with technicalities involving the initial arrest. Any evidence thus gained becomes inadmissible. You are right about the trafficking and RA bit. I dunno.
  • Like 2
RogerDuMond

UH , Hard to understand that response from him , 

Has anyone seen the tape ? Can it be confirmed by those here that he purposefully video taped under age semi nude girls ?

Why was he let out of jail , and then acquitted ?

Why wasn't the trafficking law invoked ?

The guy is a dickwad , but why is he free ?

He is free because the tanods wanted to play robocop and do something they didn't have the legal right to do. They played it wrong and a pervert gets to go free.

delancey

You have to have the base common sense to know certain activities are taking you down the wrong road, legal or not.

This isn't a pretty country where they do a modern investigation and then release you within 72 hours on bail.

He had to know that.

Filming a group, boobs, underage, paying... that's too many words at one time that say Filipino prison if you ask me.

• Like 1

You have to have the base common sense to know certain activities are taking you down the wrong road, legal or not.

This isn't a pretty country where they do a modern investigation and then release you within 72 hours on bail.

He had to know that.

Filming a group, boobs, underage, paying... that's too many words at one time that say Filipino prison if you ask me.

I agree, this guy is not the brightest bulb in the rack

Tony it was noted that he had already taken the video of the underage girls topless. He also admitted to it. The issue has to do with with technicalities involving the initial arrest. Any evidence thus gained becomes inadmissible. You are right about the trafficking and RA bit. I dunno.

So has this fool left yet?

RogerDuMond

So has this fool left yet?

If he has half a brain he will get out of Dodge quick, because the barangay isn't likely to take these results well.

• Like 1