• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vulle Vuojas

• broden

• contraman

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when i was little, around 5 or so, i had a pair of toy handcuffs   one day my Mom had a few friends over to visit in the afternoon.   i was playing in my room and hand cuffed myself to the bed ..

Such is the quality of customer Service nowadays She was probably waiting for the food she ordered an hour ago  

i don't know why you would make the assumption it wasn't friendly  i don't know how to respond in a more friendly way.

Posted Images

contraman

Just wondering what it makes that woman to be so tired she needs to sleep in the mall....

Such is the quality of customer Service nowadays

She was probably waiting for the food she ordered an hour ago  :idontknow:

• Like 7
Vulle Vuojas

Such is the quality of customer Service nowadays

She was probably waiting for the food she ordered an hour ago   :idontknow:

LoL, there's always an answer to everything :)

The mother is being very creative! I can't think of better ways to treat an annoying crybaby without resorting to kicking and slapping.

They should give her an award or something.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Ok. My apologies. I think I read to much into your previous sentence. (thought I saw some sarcasm in there)

no worries

shonkyimp

Its incredible that people think wearing proper footwear is more important than wearing a helmet. When l was young l had an accident and nearly lost my foot. When l was 30 my friend wasn't wearing a helmet and died, big difference.

As for children not wearing a helmet that's just ridiculous and selfish in my opinion. I saw a guy wearing one of those things where the baby sits on his chest in a harness. Usually by a woman but this time it was a guy on a motorbike. I cringed when l thought of any accident that involved him falling off and what would happen to the baby. 27 years coming to Asia and l still can't get used to something like that.

Vulle Vuojas

As for children not wearing a helmet that's just ridiculous and selfish in my opinion.
Yes, and I asked for a helmet for a child when booking my scooter in St Fe/Bantayan a  month ago.... she got a helmet for adults  :fool: 

I had no choice than to accept that..... but I never drew faster than 40 km/h or 25 or so in yankee language.

shonkyimp

Yes, and I asked for a helmet for a child when booking my scooter in St Fe/Bantayan a month ago.... she got a helmet for adults :fool:

I had no choice than to accept that..... but I never drew faster than 40 km/h or 25 or so in yankee language.

My comments weren't directed to anyone on this thread. It was directed more to locals who always espouse their family values but won't take basic precautions.
Vulle Vuojas

My comments weren't directed to anyone on this thread. It was directed more to locals who always espouse their family values but won't take basic precautions.

Yes, I understood that. Nothing towards your post, but something in general and needed out of me.

Headshot

You are correct, we don't have humor. But we sure have humour

Was that how they taught you in your ESL class? You got robbed. The Brits put all kinds of unnecessary letters and consonants into words. Americans find that bogus and, in a lot of cases, just cut to the chase on spelling. Just because we disagree with the Brits doesn't make it wrong. Why would I want to orientate myself to true north when I can just orient myself to true north? English is probably the most mongrelized language on Earth. Why make it more obtuse than necessary?

Vulle Vuojas

Was that how they taught you in your ESL class? You got robbed. The Brits put all kinds of unnecessary letters and consonants into words. Americans find that bogus and, in a lot of cases, just cut to the chase on spelling. Just because we disagree with the Brits doesn't make it wrong. Why would I want to orientate myself to true north when I can just orient myself to true north? English is probably the most mongrelized language on Earth. Why make it more obtuse than necessary?

This deserves to be in the "nerve" thread... :biggrin_01:

And yes, I would say most of us in Europe are taught english as in UK rather than USA....  fact.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i think the worst offender is manoeuvre.. bad enough with the american spelling

but the british spelling just makes it look even more like making soup just to get rid of all the left overs in the fridge

• Like 2
goggleye

kid is ok  not hurt by a leash    leave the tired lady alone 

Edited by goggleye
  • Like 3

post-12872-0-52476000-1449713961_thumb.jpg

These are popular in the West. Apparently perfect for leaving the kids in while the mother watches Oprah.

• Like 1
bahalina buong

She obviously cares about her kid.....at least she didn't dump the child on some random relative while she went out to meet her British ice-cream vendor online boyfriend.  As for the filipinos that said it was hungry and unhappy, being extremely judgmental is the order of the day here.  Every other time I go out with my kid, someone will tell me that her shirt is dirty and I'm doing it all wrong.  I don't condone restraining a child, but is it really any different than a playpen?    You're just trying to keep them out of trouble.   And there's one good thing with this thread......we find out who is actually a parent here, and who just has two nannies and a weekly photo-op.   :D