Sign in to follow this  
Tullioz

Possible Typhoon Threat/Threats Before Christmas?

colemanlee

Its raining hard here in Tacloban as we speak....a very consistent fairly heavy rain

shadow

Here is the latest forecast track. Still looks weak as far as winds are concerned, but it looks like there could be some pretty heavy rains for Northern Mindanao. If the model pictured is correct parts of Agusan and the Compostela Valley would get the heaviest rain. 

attachicon.gifastorm.jpg

attachicon.gifastorm2.png

attachicon.gifastorm3.gif

Looking very similar to Sendong, which devastated much of this area with flooding, killing 500+ in this area alone.

Jeepney

Looking very similar to Sendong, which devastated much of this area with flooding, killing 500+ in this area alone.

Yeah, so far dry in CDO, but have a small bag packed just in case.

shadow

Yeah, so far dry in CDO, but have a small bag packed just in case.

We had about two hours of rain yesterday, enough to cause minor flooding in Duma. There is a canal behind our house, and I can tell ahead of time by the amount of water coming down it when Duma is going to flood.

Will be readying the multicab today, ropes, innertubes, etc. In the event of serious flooding you will find me by the river somewhere watching for victims.

• Like 4

Jeepney

We had about two hours of rain yesterday, enough to cause minor flooding in Duma. There is a canal behind our house, and I can tell ahead of time by the amount of water coming down it when Duma is going to flood.

Will be readying the multicab today, ropes, innertubes, etc. In the event of serious flooding you will find me by the river somewhere watching for victims.

Same here, just preparing..

• Like 1

BossHog

nothing left to worry about here methinks...

post-5791-0-29501300-1450410730_thumb.gif

colemanlee

Havent been out, but lots of low places here and its not stopped all day , fairly hard, I imagine lots are gona be flooded here

Tullioz

Here is the projected rainfall totals between 2pm and 8pm this evening.

post-15209-0-52963000-1450419628_thumb.jpg

to_dave007

drove north from Cebu City to Sogod, then across the mountain to Tabuelan and Tuburan today..  rained all the way, without even 5 minute break..  But not a heavy rain, and no issues on the road except lots of slow moving trucks.

darrener

nothing left to worry about here methinks...

attachicon.gifwp2915 (2).gif

sliding way south.....

Here is the projected rainfall totals between 2pm and 8pm this evening.

attachicon.gifastorm.jpg

Northern Mindanao, visayas.....

I am a total novice when it comes to meteorology, but my basic understanding tells me that these two scenarios contradict each other...... can anybody tell me if my interpretation is correct...? and if not why....?

by the way it's been steady rain all day in Maasin, and seems to be getting heavier now.....

ozboy

The death toll following a powerful typhoon in the Philippines has risen to 58, while tens of thousands of people still remain in evacuation centres as widespread flooding begins to ease.

Typhoon Koppu weakened from a tropical depression into a low pressure area, but authorities maintained a warning to ferries and fishermen on three northern islands not to go to sea.

As the weather improved three days after the onslaught of Typhoon Koppu, officials were also counting the cost of ruined crops and drowned livestock from heavy rain that flowed into the vast farming regions north of Manila.

"Although the water is still flowing downstream, it has started to subside in some areas," said Mahar Lagmay, director of a government project to mitigate the impact of natural disasters in the Philippines.

Heavy rains across the mountainous northern Philippines, the cause of most of the flooding in the farming plains, had also eased, according to Mr Lagmay and a local civil defence official.

But 17 people had died across the central farming regions of Luzon, according to a tally based on confirmed figures from national and local authorities.

More than 300 villages had been submerged across the central agricultural regions of Luzon on Monday and Tuesday, with the flooding consuming entire homes in some areas.

The deaths in the flooded areas were caused mostly by drowning, but also electrocution and crumbling walls, while one person died due to a snake bite.

Another 16 people were killed in the mountain regions, where the intense rain triggered landslides that buried homes and destroyed roads, Ivy Carasi, a spokeswoman for the regional civil defence office, said.

Elsewhere, across the country, 14 people were killed in the bad weather, with an additional 11 deaths reported by regional police, bringing the total to 58.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/philippine-floods-ease-but-typhoon-death-toll-hits-47/6873668